Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 99 - 100 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 08 December 2023 14:16:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Well here we are with the final pack of Ironman (Main Build)

In these two Issues we shall continue to completion the Abdominal attachments for Poses C and D. Both C and D will be extended in Issue 99 and completed in Issue 100.

Then having completed the Main Build I will do a Special for changing Ironman`s Pose. When that is completed I will extend the Official Build to cover the 20 Issues of the Battle Damaged Armour. Cool Cool

Issue 99:

NOTE: As we will be working on two different parts in this Issue take care to select the correct parts.

Parts supplied.....Pic 1.

Take the armour part 99A (marked with an L) and part 99C that has two pins on its underside Pic 2, noting the two lines that indicate how the parts will come together. Then position part 99C inside the armour plate and fix it in place using an IP screw, Pic 3.

Now select part 99B, which is marked with an "L" and has fractionally longer pins extending from one end. Position the end with the hole through it between the pillars of 99C with the arc of the piece pointing downwards to the table and secure it in place using an OP screw, which must pass completely through the bracket 99C. Pic 4. Note: Tighten the screw enough so that the arm moves, but stays in the position you leave it in.

You now need to recover either of the Pelvis Joints from Issue 97 and the Pose C Abdomen front plate from Issue 98, Pic 5.

Bring the recovered parts together as shown in Pic 6, making sure that the lug at the bottom of the Armour part slots into the Pelvis Joint with the top of the parts also engaged. Then fix these parts together using a QP screw. Pic 7.

That completes the work in this Issue for the parts of Pose C.

Continue as before with the remaining parts for Pose D, Pics 8 and 9 and the second Pelvis Joint from Issue 97, with the Front Armour piece from Issue 98 as shown in Pic 10.

When complete your assemblies should be like those shown in Pic 11.

That`s it for now, see you soon for Issue 100. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
99 (1).jpg
99 (2).jpg
99 (3).jpg
99 (4).jpg
99 (5).jpg
99 (6).jpg
99 (7).jpg
99 (8).jpg
99 (9).jpg
99 (10).jpg
99 (11).jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 09 December 2023 14:54:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Well we`ve made it the last isuue of the Main Build of Ironman. Cool Cool

In Issue 100 we will complete the Abdominal assemblies for Pose C and D.

Parts supplied..... Pic 1.

You will also require the end assemblies from issues 98 and 99.

NOTE: you will see in the Issue 100 parts that there are two buttons, 100B and 100D. Now as the instruction pictures look identical and there is nothing about how to tell one from the other, that they are the same. Unfortunately when I came to look at the parts I was supplied, they were in fact different. The tabs on the sides of each were different. One button had shorter tabs than the other.Confused Blink Confused As I have nothing to compare with, I test fitted the buttons to find out which way they worked best. Shorter tabbed button in Abdomen C and longer in D.

So to start position the button 100B (smaller tabs in my case) into place from the inside of of the rear plate 98A (stage 1 - Issue 98) Pic 2.

On the inside of the button there are two posts. Position a spring on both of them. Pic 3. Then place the side armour from Stage 1, Issue 99 into its pivot point in the right hand side as shown in Pic 4.

Now bring in the assembly from Stage 2 Issue 99. This is the front half of the Pose C abdomen. With the back plate still on the table, lower the front assembly carefully into place making sure that the parts align. The small tab at the bottom, the large tab at the top and the second pivot pin of the side plate. (No force required). Once everything is aligned secure the parts using a QP screw, Pic 5. NOTE: Be careful with the assembly at this point, as the top of it is not fixed together.

Finally, place the connection base !00A into the top of the assembly and fix it in place using 6 x KP screws as indicated in Pic 6.

That completes the assembly of the Pose C abdomen. Complete the Pose D abdomen in the same manner as shown in Pics 7 - 10.

That completes the Pose C and D abdomen. I`m now off to set up a special on how to change Ironman into all of his available other poses, B,C and D having already covered Pose A earlier.

Until then take care. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
100 (1).jpg
100 (2).jpg
100 (3).jpg
100 (4).jpg
100 (5).jpg
100 (6).jpg
100 (7).jpg