Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ugears Marble Run Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 28 December 2023 17:23:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thought I would have a go at another of these builds. What I like about them is
1. No gluing required
2. No painting
3. Good build instructions, not like some builds I have done
3. Little mess so I can happily build them on the dining table (on a cloth). My workshop gets a bit cold this time of the year.

May let the grandkids play with it when complete

Pictures attached showing progress so far
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
M1.jpg
M2.jpg
M3.jpg
M4.jpg
M5.jpg
M6.jpg
M7.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 28 December 2023 19:38:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Gil, BigGrin Cool

These kits never cease to amaze me.

Lots of fun, but with sensible outlay financially. Add to that no messy glue and it has to be a winner.

Looking forward to the next update.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

andali15
#3 Posted : 29 December 2023 12:22:40

Hi Gil, you will enjoy this build. I bought the ROKR marble run ( looks similar) had lots of fun building it and the grandkids had same playing with it. Look forward to seeing you complete it. Andy.
GilShapley
#4 Posted : 01 January 2024 15:40:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Build so far, up to page 31 of 54. The instruction pictures require careful study in some cases as the angles can be misleading. It is important to add wax where indicated. I ensure that each moving part has a good covering and will move as required. In addition to the wax supplied I use some small candles I had left over from a birthday cake. Their small size is ideal for waxing the gear wheels

Pictures attached
M8.jpg
M9.jpg
M10.jpg
M11.jpg
M12.jpg
M13.jpg
M14.jpg
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
GilShapley
#5 Posted : 01 January 2024 15:48:07

Some issues with loading pictures

M15.jpg
M16.jpg
M17.jpg
GilShapley
#6 Posted : 04 January 2024 18:21:39

Finished
Pictures attached

Interesting/Frustrating build. Need to study the pictures carefully, the angle can be deceptive.

There are several parts I could not understand as to their purpose until I found out you can link 4 of these models into one large marble run. I have also noted that there are two different types of this model, the one I have built and the other described as “Chain Hoist Model”
I have built a base for this model, It is fragile so I have glued it to the base and in addition added a “trough” to catch the marbles as they exit the run. Saves chasing around to pick them up from the desk/floor.
M20.jpg
M18.jpg
M19.jpg