Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Outstanding Build "Yellow" medal award Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 30 December 2023 18:01:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Every now and again, someone comes up with something exceptional and I think this is just one of those occasions.

Odo`s build of the HMS Victory, shows just what can be done to what was already a spectacular kit.

Odo`s building imagination went past the cut-through gun section and developed into a let`s see inside extra.

It is due to the exceptional skill shown for scratch building, that I am pleased to award the "Yellow" medal to Odo for an "Exceptional Build".

Congratulations Odo.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

A link to Odo`s build diary is below:

https://forum.deagostini....1703950920.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=83083349

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#2 Posted : 31 December 2023 11:54:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Congratulations Odo, well deserved. 👍

Mark
Odo
#3 Posted : 31 December 2023 13:51:36

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Thank you very much Smile

I feel honoured and quite touched by this awardBlushing

I probably mentioned it before but I'm happy to say it again; the plan was never to go into such detail, but going through the numerous other great builds by fellow modellers of this build and others builds on this forum gave me the inspiration to think past the straight forward kit build.

Therefore, I'd like dedicate this medal to this website for giving everyone a platform for inspiration, to show what's possible and find support for when it gets tricky or one gets stuck.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Plymouth57
#4 Posted : 01 January 2024 22:29:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Well done indeed Odo, this was richly deserved!Cool
Beware though, going above and beyond becomes an addiction! The thought of building anything straight out of the box will become a heresy eventually and once the bug is there - there's NO CURE!BigGrin LOL Flapper
Welcome to the club!(And keep them coming!)Cool

Happy New Year!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1