Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Eight months in and this is where we are Options
admin
#1 Posted : 19 January 2024 22:42:07

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

As will now be obvious, I have been holding the reins of this forum for approx 8 months.

My personal thoughts are that we have started to turn the corner to get this forum at least somewhere near to where it used to be. Still a lot of work to do, but I`m hoping that the worst is over.

Along with the members of the Forum Support Team (FST) I have and will continue to bring you the most up to date stuff we can, with new builds and assistance on anything we can in the modelling world.

There is one thing that we as an FST cannot do and that is to deal with new Customer Services issues. We are not geared up too and do not have access to customer accounts. NOW, that said should you not get a response from CS as your first point of contact in a reasonable time then please contact me via the PM system (Admin). Do not post directly onto the forum without prior contact with myself or the post will be deleted and a PM sent to ask for details (note you will not be ignored).

Should anyone feel in need of assistance with a Customer Services issue then I will need the following information before I consider taking up the case.

Name
Address
Phone number
Email address
Subscription Title
Subscription account number
Previous contacts and responses with CS including names, dates and times.

With all the above stated, I do not want to cast this in stone via the forum rules, but rest assured if need be I will. So lets keep it all friendly and help each other out as best we can.

I appreciate your time taken to read this post.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

tf64
#2 Posted : 20 January 2024 08:11:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thanks for posting and pointing things out.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

goddo
#3 Posted : 30 January 2024 15:24:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Derek, you are doing a great job which is very much appreciated here.
The only comment I would have at present is where are all the ship builders?
This forum used to be so busy with posts about various nautical builds.
Chris
admin
#4 Posted : 30 January 2024 16:44:59

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

tf64 wrote:

Thanks for posting and pointing things out.

Regards

Trev.

Thanks for looking in Trev. BigGrin

Thought it would be a good idea to keep the forum members and visitors up to date so to speak. ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
admin
#5 Posted : 30 January 2024 16:57:55

goddo wrote:
Derek, you are doing a great job which is very much appreciated here.
The only comment I would have at present is where are all the ship builders?
This forum used to be so busy with posts about various nautical builds.
Chris

Hi Chris, Blushing I appreciate yours comments.ThumpUp

Along with the FST, we are bringing everything we can to the forum in an effort to show new models and therefore give as much information as is available. Unfortunately, the era of the model ship building appears to have run its course at this time. That leaves us with only the people who are finishing off the older kits and their willingness to post their progress.

I take onboard your observation and will ask the question to see if there is anything in the pipeline. As you can appreciate I cannot broadcast finite details, but will post on the forum what I can.

Many thanks for your continued interest.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

goddo
#6 Posted : 31 January 2024 16:16:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Derek,
I have PM'd you.
Chris