Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Options
admin
#1 Posted : 05 February 2024 21:49:08

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I have recently received a request from a member in France.

I will not post his name/username as the reason will become apparent during the course of the following information.

General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

It was requested by the member, that all their information/data be removed from the forum.

I do not have any issues with that request as it is their legal right to do so.

Things to note:

I was also requested to inform them afterwards that it had been done.

If I delete said information, I cannot possibly contact the person, as contact details and access would have been deleted at the same time.

Somehow the person managed to send me a PM as a guest. Confused They asked for the confirmation that I had removed their data.

Even I cannot do that as the system does not allow me to answer a PM from a guest.

The last thing to note is that I do not have access to the Deagostini and/or Fanhome database.

You will need to contact Deagostini and/or Fanhome directly to get that done.

I do my best to get things done as requested, but you may have to do some things that I cannot access.

Also please note that it may take some time for the request to be activated. Reasons being that I will have to remove all posts made by the member and any direct responses to their posts. That is so I can keep threads in order without gaps and that answers to questions are not left in mid air with the previous question having been deleted.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin