Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hello Options
ExDalek
#1 Posted : 25 February 2024 23:53:48

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi all,
So I finally subscribed to the 1/4 scale Valentino Rossi motorcycle partwork.
It is my first ever partwork! I have built many plastic model kits over the last 40 plus years though. I have also built and repaired many real motorcycles (and cars).
So now for the last few years I have been retired due to my health conditions. These conditions also mean I will have periods where I can't build any parts, or to be honest even get out of bed, but with parts arriving monthly (hopefully) it will work in my favour.
I am a big Rossi fan (Rossifumi). I have been to see him race many times from when he was on 250cc and was at Donnington for his first 500cc win in 2000.
I have collected his bikes in 1:18 scale and currently have over 60 different models. I also have his Ducati GP11 in all the scales I could find - 1:64, 1:32, 1:24, 1:22, 1:18, 1:16, 1:12,1:10 and 1:6.

The first pack with issues 1 and 2 arrived a couple of days ago and if I can I will do a build diary.
I didn't realise until this new year that this kit was still available and after negotiations with my wife ordered it. I need something to do as I am disabled and boredom is hard to fend off when you are so limited in what you can do.
Ok that is quite lengthy and I keep hitting wrong keys so that's it from me!

Mark.
"I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course I don't really remember yesterday."
Stupot
#2 Posted : 26 February 2024 00:22:05

Groups: Registered

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. Everyone here is very friendly & helpful so if you need any help just ask. I love the choice of models by DeAgostini & I'm currently building the Robocop Figure myself. The Rossi bike looks pretty amazing & I was tempted to build it myself. If you do a build diary I will watch with great interest. Stuart.
Mustang
#3 Posted : 26 February 2024 19:24:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Mark,

What a great model to build I keep looking at it myself, but would prefer to buy it as a complete kit like I did with the Hayabusa. I did do the Honda as a subscription but could wait for the next issue to arrive BigGrin

Anyway welcome to the forum.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -
Current Build - Below Decks - https://forum.model-spac...sts&m=339187#339187 -

Coming Soon -

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
ExDalek
#4 Posted : 04 March 2024 23:17:16

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Thanks for the welcome guys. It is nearly two weeks now since my first pack arrived and I am wondering how you wait a month each time! I wish I could afford more builds so I could stagger them. One a week would be great! My wife disagrees and keeps mentioning food and bills etc. Two weeks to pack 2...
"I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course I don't really remember yesterday."