Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Lime wood strips Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 27 February 2024 12:06:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Morning all,
Has anyone else experienced a shortage/non existence of 0.5mm x 3mm lime wood strips these days?
1mm x 3mm is still readily available.
I remember buying it easily from any one of my regular suppliers so now wondering if the dreaded excuse "Pandemic" is to blame.
Or does anyone know of a supplier that they are prepared to share with us?
Thanks in advance.
Chris
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 27 February 2024 13:45:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
Morning all,
Has anyone else experienced a shortage/non existence of 0.5mm x 3mm lime wood strips these days?
1mm x 3mm is still readily available.
I remember buying it easily from any one of my regular suppliers so now wondering if the dreaded excuse "Pandemic" is to blame.
Or does anyone know of a supplier that they are prepared to share with us?
Thanks in advance.
Chris

Hi Chris, Blink Blink

Can`t find any at the places I know inc CMB.

Hard to find that size in Lime/Basswood anywhere except:

https://gehobbies.gr/en/...s-0-5mmx3mmx1000mm.html

Unfortunately its in Greece and there is added p+p and minimum order of 10 x 1 metre pieces, but that`s all I can find at this time.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#3 Posted : 27 February 2024 18:02:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Derek, thanks for looking anyway.
I shall continue my search and let the forum know of any progress.
Chris
GilShapley
#4 Posted : 27 February 2024 18:56:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek

Hi Derek

Had a quick google search and came up with this website - Addlestone Model Centre

They show stock of .5 X 3mm lime strips in stock.

Might be worth a phone call

Gil
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 27 February 2024 19:10:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well done Gil, ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Not actually me that`s after this product, its Chris (Goddo).

I have found the seller and here is a link for Chris:

https://addlestonemodels...n6e/05-x-3mm-lime-strip

Well done and thanks again Gil, Chris will be a happy man.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#6 Posted : 28 February 2024 01:01:02

Well, that didn't take long!!
After all my abortive efforts, within hours, Gil Shapley located a model shop in Addlestone who show stock
of these wood strips.
Delboy then contacted me directly and let me know. I have now placed an order for some of the strips, but as the shop was closed I just ordered some online. Let's hope that they aren't 20mm long....BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Thank you for taking the trouble to sort this for me to both Gil and Delboy.
Chris