Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Some Batman Accessories Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 31 March 2024 19:14:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

The next instalment of the Batmobile official build will be up on the forum very soon. The next pack arrived on Thursday whilst I was out at work and for some reason the postman thought it would be good idea to put the package by my bins in the rain. Cursing Cursing By the time I got home, the box was saturated and the magazines inside were wet. Thank god the parts are in plastic packaging.

On another note, I have been looking at some accessories to add to the build. I have designed a Bat radio. I’ve looked at many designs of this on the internet and they are all very different in size and appearance. Anyway, I found a picture of the actual Bat radio used in the film and TV series, picture attached, and note it is made of wood.
I have now finished the cad work. I just need to test print the parts when I get home from my Easter break. The antenna’s will be made of brass for strength. The size of the Bat radio at 1:8 scale will fit inside a ten pence piece.

I have also acquired 1:8 scale Batman and Robin STL files to print, which I intend to use alongside the Batmobile. I have put my Bat radio in the hands of Robin to give an idea of the size.

More soon, pictures below.
Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 31-03-2024, 4 48 04 pm.jpg
Photo 31-03-2024, 4 44 18 pm (1).jpg
Photo 31-03-2024, 4 44 18 pm (2).jpg
Photo 31-03-2024, 4 44 18 pm.jpg
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 01 April 2024 22:36:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Back from my Easter break and the first thing I did was to test print the Bat Radio I designed over the weekend, and whilst that was printing, I made up issue 3 of the Batmobile. Lots to do in that issue, which will be up on the forum later tomorrow. Cool

I printed several of the Bat Radio and when it had finished printing, I couldn’t believe just how small it was. Anyway, I decided to paint one to see how it would look and was quite pleased with how it turned out.BigGrin

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 01-04-2024, 6 38 27 pm.jpg
Photo 01-04-2024, 6 35 38 pm.jpg
Photo 01-04-2024, 6 37 37 pm.jpg
Kev the Modeller
#3 Posted : 04 April 2024 22:58:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Nice work there Mark, you really are getting very good at this 3D printing thing. Completely baffled by it all myself, wouldn't know where to start, but I do admire your skills! Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra