Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Need Help Please Options
GhostyJHH
#1 Posted : 22 April 2024 01:59:58

Groups: Registered

Hi,

So i have a huge issue i cant figure out, im finally getting round to finishing robi (after numerous replacement parts and a house move), im upto testing the limbs

Robi's right arm functions fine no issues (except battery dying)

Robi's left arm does nothing (fully charged battery)

Robi's right leg does nothing (fully charged battery)

Robi's left foot/ankle does nothing (fully charged battery)

I have stripped all parts, checked all servos are correctly numbered and all wires are correctly seated.

I have 2 main boards, 2 test sd cards, 2 power supply boards, 3 power adaptors (2 uk, 1 eu (i think)), 3 batterys. I have tried all combinations i can think of with the same results.

Can someone please help me figure this out

Im aware ill probably need a new battery at some point, but as i can get right arm functioning i know theres enought juice to test it with.

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 22 April 2024 12:11:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Ghosty,

Well this is a blast from the past. The Official Build ended in December 2016.

Blink Crying Blink

That said I do remember a problem on the same lines. It was down to the wire routing not having the slack in the right place, so it stopped the limb motion.

After a quick search I found a previous post. Unfortunately the Gentleman that built the Official Build is no longer available on the forum, so I have put a link below to his explanation.

Hope this helps:

https://forum.deagostini...amp;t=28878&__utma=

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

GhostyJHH
#3 Posted : 24 April 2024 17:45:48

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i have read the post you suggested, most of this i had already done, his seems fully built where as mine is still at testing phase however the processes would require less work.

This is really starting to bug me now.
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 24 April 2024 18:36:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

GhostyJHH wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i have read the post you suggested, most of this i had already done, his seems fully built where as mine is still at testing phase however the processes would require less work.

This is really starting to bug me now.

Hi Ghosty

Below is a link to the Official Build. Don`t know if there will be something in there to help? Or its a trawl through the ROBI discussion area of the forum.

https://forum.deagostini...s&f=298&__utma=

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"