Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Enhancing the Batmobile Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 11 May 2024 18:36:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

There are no modifications been made the engine parts, I've just decided to make some highlights to the engine and carried out some repainting on a few of the parts.
Note: Do not take the colouring of parts to be accurate, this is purely my personal choice to enhance it to make it look more realictic, so no shouting at me.LOL LOL Flapper

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_2616.jpg
IMG_2617.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 28 May 2024 22:38:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

So, I have been doing a little more with the engine. As I am about half way through the latest pack of official build, I thought I'd better display what I have been doing, as some people will notice on the next few issues a slight difference in the colour.
I was looking on the internet to get some pictures of the engine. I came across the first two pictures here.

Some people say that Ford didn't start painting the engine blocks until a few years after the original concept car, the Lincoln Futura in 1955. George Barris bought the car for a dollar from Ford a couple of years later and used it in films such as "It started with a kiss". Barris then remodelled the car into the shape as we now know as the Batmobile. There were also three fiberglass replicas using the frames and running gear from Ford Galaxie (1966) and Ford Thunderbird (1958).

Anyway, I decided that the orange engine block would look different and add a little colour to the engine compartment.

More mods soon.

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.jpg
IMG_3010.jpg
IMG_3011.jpg
IMG_3013.jpg
IMG_3014.jpg
IMG_3015.jpg
IMG_3017.jpg