Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

No more ships from deag Options
Martyn Ingram
#1 Posted : 24 June 2024 14:43:21

Rank: Super-Elite

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Joined: 17/02/2013
Posts: 3,249
Points: 9,823
Location: Kent
Confused I just looked for the bounty in the ship page and it's been discontinued along with all the other ships as well. A little bit annoyed as I was in the process of getting the bounty Cursing.Will this be on sale again or has Deag given up on them Blink

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 24 June 2024 14:50:03
Rank: Administration

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 09/11/2012
Posts: 8,106
Points: 23,397
Location: East midlands
Martyn Ingram wrote:
Confused I just looked for the bounty in the ship page and it's been discontinued along with all the other ships as well. A little bit annoyed as I was in the process of getting the bounty Cursing.Will this be on sale again or has Deag given up on them Blink

Martyn


Hi Martyn, BigGrin

At this moment in time I don`t know of any in the pipe line, but I will contact the people I deal with and ask the question.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"






Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 24 June 2024 15:10:00

Rank: Super-Elite

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Joined: 17/02/2013
Posts: 3,249
Points: 9,823
Location: Kent
Thanks for the reply Del Cool looking forward to see what they say. Hopefully they will return

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 08 July 2024 17:27:50
Rank: Administration

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 09/11/2012
Posts: 8,106
Points: 23,397
Location: East midlands
Martyn Ingram wrote:
Thanks for the reply Del Cool looking forward to see what they say. Hopefully they will return

Martyn


Hi Martyn, BigGrin

I have finally received a response from the people I speak too and I`m afraid its not the answer I think you were hoping for. Crying

They basically stated that there was nothing in the pipeline (for ships), but if I could prove there was enough interest, they would push it to marketing, to see what they said.

Unfortunately I don`t think the two of us will be enough for that to happen.

Sorry, but that`s how it is.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"






goddo
#5 Posted : 08 July 2024 19:34:52

Rank: Master
Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Joined: 21/04/2011
Posts: 1,058
Points: 3,203
Location: Buckinghamshire
Derek, Martyn.

It's a very sad state of affairs that ships have disappeared from the DeAg range of models.

But a totally understandable decision by them from a business point of view

I am not a particular fan of plastic models or Sci Fi so sadly, I will be going elsewhere for my kits in the future.

On the slightly brighter side, I am still "work in progress" with my Santisima Trinidad kit and will continue to post as and when.

Good luck to all those ship builders that still exist.

Chris.
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 08 July 2024 21:16:37
Rank: Administration

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 09/11/2012
Posts: 8,106
Points: 23,397
Location: East midlands
goddo wrote:
Derek, Martyn.

It's a very sad state of affairs that ships have disappeared from the DeAg range of models.

But a totally understandable decision by them from a business point of view

I am not a particular fan of plastic models or Sci Fi so sadly, I will be going elsewhere for my kits in the future.

On the slightly brighter side, I am still "work in progress" with my Santisima Trinidad kit and will continue to post as and when.

Good luck to all those ship builders that still exist.

Chris.


Hi All, especially Chris,

Chris has hit several nails right on the head.

A sad day that ship building has disappeared from the Deag range.

Producing any kit comes at an amazing cost before the first kit is ordered and these costs are ever rising. So people say "I can`t afford that", so orders decline and you hit that never ending circle. No company in the world is going to produce a product that will only lose them money. So ships have obviously not been selling at a profitable rate so have been removed.

I am forever thankful to anyone still posting ship building threads and will be there to give whatever support I can.

I wish I had that magic wand, but alas not to be.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"






Martyn Ingram
#7 Posted : 09 July 2024 09:32:54

Rank: Super-Elite

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Joined: 17/02/2013
Posts: 3,249
Points: 9,823
Location: Kent
Crying very sad news Del but like Chris says l will also be going somewhere else for my kit's.Im not into bolt together models and cars. But there is a new model from vanguard that's on my list Cool.

Thanks again for the information Del
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
goddo
#8 Posted : 09 July 2024 11:48:03

Rank: Master
Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Joined: 21/04/2011
Posts: 1,058
Points: 3,203
Location: Buckinghamshire
Morning all,

It seems that the only way to keep the ship building section of the forum going is to purchase from elsewhere and as long as Admin are prepared to accept builds by competitors, I will do my part to keep us going.

Chris
admin
#9 Posted : 09 July 2024 12:21:37
Rank: Administration


Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 24/08/2009
Posts: 1,922
Points: 5,788
Location: UK
goddo wrote:
Morning all,

It seems that the only way to keep the ship building section of the forum going is to purchase from elsewhere and as long as Admin are prepared to accept builds by competitors, I will do my part to keep us going.

Chris


Hi Chris and all ship builders,

I have no problem with any ship builds being put on this forum, including competitors models. We have an "other ship and submersible" area already on the forum, so feel free to post there.


Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
skyfire
#10 Posted : 09 July 2024 17:07:45

Rank: Vice-Master
Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Joined: 20/01/2011
Posts: 605
Points: 1,744
Location: Canberra, Australia
I already have my Titanic build on here, so no problem with ships from elsewhere.

Update maybe coming soon...
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 09 July 2024 18:43:37
Rank: Administration

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 09/11/2012
Posts: 8,106
Points: 23,397
Location: East midlands
skyfire wrote:
I already have my Titanic build on here, so no problem with ships from elsewhere.

Update maybe coming soon...


Hi Skyfire,

I for one love your Titanic build, so please keep it coming with the updates.

Like I said, I just wish I had a magic wand, but as I don`t it will need members intervention to rebuild the interest in ship building.

Words like "maybe" need to be replaced with "will be" (not criticism). I will do my upmost to boost the ship building here on the forum, but even in my position as Admin it needs a lot more member input.

Please keep this convo going and lets see if we can get ships back on the boards regularly.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"






GilShapley
#12 Posted : 09 July 2024 19:21:21

Rank: Vice-Master
Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Joined: 10/10/2010
Posts: 680
Points: 2,100
Location: Dorset
I have built a number of OcCre kits. Their quality is good and their customer service is excellent.

If you are looking for a ship kits have a look at their web site
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
skyfire
#13 Posted : 10 July 2024 15:40:07

Rank: Vice-Master
Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Joined: 20/01/2011
Posts: 605
Points: 1,744
Location: Canberra, Australia
delboy271155 wrote:
skyfire wrote:
I already have my Titanic build on here, so no problem with ships from elsewhere.

Update maybe coming soon...


Hi Skyfire,

I for one love your Titanic build, so please keep it coming with the updates.

Like I said, I just wish I had a magic wand, but as I don`t it will need members intervention to rebuild the interest in ship building.

Words like "maybe" need to be replaced with "will be" (not criticism). I will do my upmost to boost the ship building here on the forum, but even in my position as Admin it needs a lot more member input.

Please keep this convo going and lets see if we can get ships back on the boards regularly.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin


I get the next issue tommorrow so will update after I have done it. Had a bit of chaos yesterday with some electrical work taking longer than planned thanks to 36.5 year old wiring and missing earth wires.
delboy271155
#14 Posted : 10 July 2024 17:59:45
Rank: Administration

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 09/11/2012
Posts: 8,106
Points: 23,397
Location: East midlands
GilShapley wrote:
I have built a number of OcCre kits. Their quality is good and their customer service is excellent.

If you are looking for a ship kits have a look at their web site


Hi Gil, BigGrin

They do some very nice kits, the most impressive is the limited edition Victory that I would love to tackle, but at 6000+ parts and near £1200 I`d have to give up everything else that I do and SWMBO would most probably take a sudden interest in "Cricket Bats" OUCH!!! and that may involve a visit to A+E LOL LOL

Still good kits and thanks for your input.


Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"






delboy271155
#15 Posted : 10 July 2024 18:02:21
Rank: Administration

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Joined: 09/11/2012
Posts: 8,106
Points: 23,397
Location: East midlands
skyfire wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
skyfire wrote:
I already have my Titanic build on here, so no problem with ships from elsewhere.

Update maybe coming soon...


Hi Skyfire,

I for one love your Titanic build, so please keep it coming with the updates.

Like I said, I just wish I had a magic wand, but as I don`t it will need members intervention to rebuild the interest in ship building.

Words like "maybe" need to be replaced with "will be" (not criticism). I will do my upmost to boost the ship building here on the forum, but even in my position as Admin it needs a lot more member input.

Please keep this convo going and lets see if we can get ships back on the boards regularly.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin


I get the next issue tommorrow so will update after I have done it. Had a bit of chaos yesterday with some electrical work taking longer than planned thanks to 36.5 year old wiring and missing earth wires.


Hi Skyfire, BigGrin

Good to hear the Titanic is still arriving. Just take care with that old wiring.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"






Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.169 seconds.
DeAgostini