Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Leopold Options
Hans Zupp
#1 Posted : 04 March 2012 20:32:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Here is another big kit which was a great to build over 4 months. Sorry if too many images.

z8000783
#2 Posted : 04 March 2012 21:53:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Hans Zupp wrote:
Sorry if too many images.

Not at all. Great stuff very realistic. Has any one asked to use it in a film?

John
MWG
#3 Posted : 04 March 2012 23:28:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hans it is fantasticBigGrin well done BigGrin Regards MikeCool
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

magpie1832
#4 Posted : 04 March 2012 23:53:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Hans,

This is amazing mate, Only one thing hope you don't take it wrong or a criticism, The decals seem to stand out to much in places, have you tried micro sol and micro set to lay them. I spray my model with a clear gloss coat first(over the top colour) then lay the decals. I then give a very light go over with 12000 sanding pads to take the edge away(when dry) then give the model a matt coat over them.. It then seals them in and you get no silvering and no edges to the decals..

You have created a pure masterpiece with this model..

Chris...
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

jase
#5 Posted : 04 March 2012 23:55:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

great kit a Rail Gun is still on my list to do Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Jack Sparrow
#6 Posted : 05 March 2012 00:19:26

Groups:

I have one in my stash I plan to do in a dio with loco and trucks. Measures 8ft when done!!!!! Awesome build!!! Love it. Drool Drool BigGrin
Hans Zupp
#7 Posted : 05 March 2012 09:15:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks guys for your kind words,BigGrin Chris yeah its been a bit of a bain for me, I used Klear and micro sol and set for this and still got silvering.Cursing I now use gloss varnish, Humbrol decal fix then matt varnish which gets better results but still not brilliant! maybe its the Tamiya acyrlics I use?
magpie1832
#8 Posted : 05 March 2012 11:11:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I find different manufacturors decals different thickness's too which don't help. If they are japanese decals they can be thick. I also use Gunze Mr. Mark Setter/ Mark Softer

These are very strong solutions which were originally designed for Japanese decals such as the ones found in Hasegawa kits which can be quite resistant to Microset/ sol.
Mr. Mark Setter is the setting solution part of the system and should be applied to the model before the decal. It has some adhesive properties and quite often no decal solvent is needed
as it acts to draw the decal down tightly to the surface. Mr. Mark Softer is the decal solvent, and is much stronger than Microsol. Always test it on a spare decal before use. Never allow Mr. Mark Softer to "puddle"
on the decal as it will almost certainly destroy the area beneath. Don't be tempted to apply it repeatedly, allow it to dry for at least an hour before reapplying.

http://www.relishmodels....r-mark-setter-40ml.html

Chris..

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

overlord
#9 Posted : 05 March 2012 13:23:13

Great stuff 'Hans', as always!! You can never have too many pics! BigGrin BigGrin
ant
#10 Posted : 05 March 2012 20:13:06

still looks great cov,
Monty's Double
#11 Posted : 08 June 2012 17:24:55

Groups:

Hello Hans,

Don't know how I missed it but I've just found this thread. What a work of art your model is, it looks fantastic and you should be proud of your work. Well done sir, superb modelling and very inspiring. It is models such as this that have brought me into military modelling for the first time. I just love the amount of detail that can be incorporated into them and the sheer amount of extra parts that you can buy 'off the shelf' for 1/35 subjects is just mind boggling!

Bernie.