Just make it wet enough, then it doesn`t break BigGrin
Kind regards
Peter BigGrin

HMS Victory 1:84 DeA
Gaz
#22 Posted : 02 December 2012 17:49:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi gang its been a while since my last update. I been busy completeing the decks taking photos along the way only computer crashed before I could upload them to photobucket and lost the bleeding lotCursing.
Anyways here is where I am at. I have just finished issue 60 (half way)capped the decks. Next when my next issues arrive is the start of the masts.
Here the pics of how it is now.

Thats is for now happy building everyone.
Gaz
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Gandale
#23 Posted : 02 December 2012 22:30:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Been missing your posts Gaz.... she is coming on a treat, keep up the the good work.....

Regards Alan
Gaz
#24 Posted : 03 December 2012 00:20:19

Thanks Alan for looking in and your kind comments
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
MWG
#25 Posted : 03 December 2012 09:14:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gaz, its coming along nowBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Gaz
#26 Posted : 03 December 2012 19:18:37

Hi Mike it sure isBigGrin Doesn't time fly can't believe I'm at the halfway point already.
Gareth
arpurchase
#27 Posted : 04 December 2012 10:14:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Starting to look the part m8Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gaz
#28 Posted : 04 December 2012 19:35:32

Thanks AndyBigGrinfor your kind comments.BigGrin
Gareth
der Gohfelder
#29 Posted : 04 December 2012 21:43:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work! Go on this way!

regards, Bernd
Gaz
#30 Posted : 04 December 2012 22:43:28

Thanks Bernd for looking in and you kind comments much appreciatedBigGrin BigGrin
ian smith
#31 Posted : 05 December 2012 14:33:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi gas.
Looking good. Look forward to seeing some more pictures Ian
BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
saintsman123
#32 Posted : 05 December 2012 16:47:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

she's coming along well gaz. BigGrin

Come on you Jimmies
Gaz
#33 Posted : 05 December 2012 19:10:28

Thanks Ian and Saintsman for your comments BigGrin.
Gareth
Plymouth57
#34 Posted : 07 December 2012 22:11:14

Hi Gaz!
From the look of the early photos of your hull you've got nothing to worry about concerning your planking skills, she looks lovely and clean and perfectly symetrical - well done indeed!
And I love that 'stormy sea' background in the first set!BigGrin

Keep going the same way and you'll be proud of her at the end!

Happy building

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gaz
#35 Posted : 07 December 2012 23:53:42

Thanks Robin for looking in and for your commentsBigGrinmuch appreciated. I followed all the build diarys and of course the official build closely and I wouldn't now be where I am without the help and guidance that these gave.
Gareth
Gaz
#36 Posted : 10 March 2013 16:47:42

BigGrin Hi guys a little update of where I am at the moment.BigGrin .
I ummmed and aaad for months as to whether to go down the tiling or painting route. For that reason I never fitted the rudder but now I have decided to paint I fitted the rudder.

I then moved on and begun on the mastsBlinkand completed issues 61-64. A lot of sanding and carving but got there in the end.

Apolgies the photos not the best. Thanks for looking in.
Regards.
Gareth
ian smith
#37 Posted : 10 March 2013 16:53:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi gaz.
Comming on nicely. Look forward to seeing your progress. Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
delboy271155
#38 Posted : 10 March 2013 17:46:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi GAZ ,
Thought I`d pop in and have a look and it`s looking good. Thinking I may have to raise my ceilings looking at that mast LOL LOL LOL .
I have a way to go before masts on either Sots or the Vic, but it does look like a very interesting part of a build, how do you find it?

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gaz
#39 Posted : 11 March 2013 00:14:55

BigGrin Thanks Ian and Derek for looking in. To answer you Derek the masts are ok to do plenty of sanding and carving just have to keep measuring and take your time. I'm sure yours will be fine when you come to them BigGrin
Gareth
Gandale
#40 Posted : 11 March 2013 22:22:46

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice work Gaz, really taking shape now.....

Regards

Alan