My Victory attempt Options
Gaz
#41 Posted : 11 March 2013 23:25:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Thanks Alan she is slowly but surely BigGrin
Regards.
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Hans
#42 Posted : 12 March 2013 08:12:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good stuff there, Gareth. She beginning to look the part now, well done, keep the pics coming.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Gaz
#43 Posted : 12 March 2013 15:16:24

Thanks Hans. I sure will
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Gaz
#44 Posted : 29 April 2013 19:34:03

Hi Guys. Quick update to where I am at the moment. I firstly completed the lower main yard on the main mast

I then painted the lower hull with copper paint. This I gave 3 coats of admiralty paints.

I then moved on and completed the Foremast and Fore main yard.

As you can see from my yards I am going down the With sails option. A few times putting the extra blocks on I have questioned my decision as I struggle with doing the knots but apart from that am getting there slowly I think.
Thanks for looking guys.
Gareth
arpurchase
#45 Posted : 29 April 2013 20:00:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Gareth
Looking good and the more blocks you do the easyer it gets so they say
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gaz
#46 Posted : 29 April 2013 21:32:13

BigGrin Hi Andy thank you for looking in. Hope your rightBigGrin
Regards.
Gareth
Gandale
#47 Posted : 29 April 2013 22:12:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Gaz, looking really good.... hope it does get easier as I like you, intend to have my ships with full sails showing..... BigGrin BigGrin .. Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

Gaz
#48 Posted : 29 April 2013 22:36:40

Hi AlanBigGrin . Thanks for looking in and your comments. As for sails go for it. I always wanted to do a sailing a ship and the victory in particular so the hassle of the extra blocks well worth it come the end.
Regards.
Gareth
ian smith
#49 Posted : 30 April 2013 01:18:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gareth.
Coming along really nice. Keep up the good work.
Ian. BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gaz
#50 Posted : 30 April 2013 01:24:29

Hi IanBigGrin. Thanks for looking in and your comments.
Regards.
Gareth
prussian.guard
#51 Posted : 30 April 2013 16:10:50

Like you I found the blocks tedious and frustrating but got there in the end.your build us coming along well.i opted for the sails option just for impressiveness.
Gaz
#52 Posted : 30 April 2013 17:27:12

Thanks PGBigGrin for looking and you comments. I agree with sails she is impressive. Regards.
Gareth
jonny7england
#53 Posted : 30 April 2013 17:42:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along well there Gareth...Smile ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
DaDokta
#54 Posted : 30 April 2013 19:33:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gareth,
coming along nicely.

But as to your waterline. I don`t know if your finished with that, but there is quite a bit of the black colour reaching into the copper part.

I guess you already know that - but when masking the waterline (or any line) with tape, you first should paint a thin coat of the colour, you are masking, along the tape.

When dry, you can paint the other colour, which now can`t run under the masking tape.

E.g. you first paint the copper part - then you mask the waterline. Then you paint a thin coat of copper along the tape on the side, where the black paint will be. And then, when dry, you apply the black coat.

Please excuse my english, i hope that was understandable. And please forgive me, if this was no news to you.

Cheers,
Walter
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Gaz
#55 Posted : 30 April 2013 21:06:34

Hi Jonny and Walter. Thank you both for your comments. Yes Walter I had noticed there a few bleeds that need touching up. It looks worse in the photos than in realityHuh. I'll be painting her stripes shortly so will sort it out then.
Regards.
Gareth
daffy09
#56 Posted : 30 April 2013 22:54:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Shipmate,
Good to see your build coming along - yes all those dead-eyes are a pain but it'll be well worth all effort you put into it now.
As a novice myself, I believe you would want honest appraisal of your hard work and having looked at your recent pictures, it looks as though your fore mast may be slightly mis-aligned. It may be just the camera angle you've used and I really hope it is.
The picture I'm referring to is one taken from above the bow, looking down and to the stern, and compared with the angle of the hull and the main mast there does look to be an inconsistency.
If it is indeed out of line, a bit of remedial work at this stage will correct it. If your build progresses much further, it may be too late to correct it. Sorry to be the bearer of this information, but I'm sure you would want to know about it sooner rather than later. No offence or criticism of all your effort intended and I wish you well with the rest of the build.
Happy building
David
Gaz
#57 Posted : 30 April 2013 23:08:47

Hi DavidBigGrin
Thanks for looking and your comments. Regarding the foremast it is the camera angle that makes it look out of line. It is inline.
Regards.
Gareth
daffy09
#58 Posted : 01 May 2013 18:34:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well that's a relief, thought it might be but wouldn't have wanted to see it overlooked if it was a problem that hadn't been spotted. Hope you didn't mind me commenting on it BigGrin
Happy building
David
Gaz
#59 Posted : 16 September 2017 18:49:34

Hi guys I'm sorry I not updated this diary for ages. As I progressed I stored photos on Photobucket but can no longer access theseMad Mad. So all I can show is the final result of my effortsBigGrin. Its not perfect but as this is my first attempt at such a model I am quite pleased with the result. Thanks to Tomick for the official build diary and all the great people on here its been a real pleasure to do.
Thanks so much.
Gareth
Gaz attached the following image(s):
20170914_191102.jpg
20170914_191127.jpg
20170914_191130.jpg
20170914_191142.jpg
20170914_191151.jpg
20170914_191201.jpg
20170914_191215.jpg
20170914_191227.jpg
20170914_191237.jpg
20170914_191244.jpg
20170914_191304.jpg
Gandale
#60 Posted : 16 September 2017 22:01:03

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Well done Gaz, you've done a real nice job with her, you should feel proud of yourself....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan