Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Medieval fortress by DelPrado Options
saintsman123
#21 Posted : 17 March 2012 23:33:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

if you had asked earlier, you could have got them put onto mclarens plane to oz, then got lewis to pop them roundBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Come on you Jimmies
The bearded 1
#22 Posted : 18 March 2012 11:01:41

saintsman123 wrote:
if you had asked earlier, you could have got them put onto mclarens plane to oz, then got lewis to pop them roundBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Would have been fast as, but with some of the potholes around here my bricks would have been dust, car tooLOL
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
And any model kit that catches my eye
Everything from 1/35 military to Godzilla and anything in between.
Oh and a suit of armour. ( yes real knights armour )
TERRY WALDEN
#23 Posted : 22 March 2012 12:48:46

BigGrin BigGrin Have sent you PM regards postage
Regards Terry
The bearded 1
#24 Posted : 23 March 2012 09:06:30

TERRY WALDEN wrote:
BigGrin BigGrin Have sent you PM regards postage
Regards Terry

Yep, got it and replied, thanks Terry.
Now all I need to do is re-draw the plans for the stables, blacksmiths and other extras. Had it all done, to scale. coloured in the works, but can't find them Mad
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
Silent_Running
#25 Posted : 23 March 2012 09:14:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

What a great model to do. Its really something diffrent BigGrin I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Have you any figures yet for this castle and what style of knight are you going for? Great job so far. BigGrin
The bearded 1
#26 Posted : 23 March 2012 11:57:31

Silent_Running wrote:
What a great model to do. Its really something diffrent BigGrin I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Have you any figures yet for this castle and what style of knight are you going for? Great job so far. BigGrin

It has a couple of figures, a guard, priest, woman and a couple of sheep. It is very close to 1/72 scale so I converted it to that and have bought a few 1/72 plastic knights. Have one set for jousting will look good. But now I have to paint them all, over 50 of them Crying For the stables I will have a couple of horses but have to slice off the saddles and bridles and stuff, without hitting the finger this time. Will post pics when I can.
Oh yeah plus interior in buildings, lights, smoke, huts and etc etc, excuse me while I go a little nuts.......oh, too late.
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
The bearded 1
#27 Posted : 29 March 2012 03:29:40

The bricks from Terry arrived today, again Thank you. My reaction when I opened the boxDrool The problem now is I've got so many plans running around my head, I have a head ache. This build will take a while, will post pics when I can.
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
The bearded 1
#28 Posted : 30 March 2012 14:19:47

Hmmm, not sure how to add my current builds to my posts but so far they are
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
Medieval fortress
And whatever model kits that catch my eye. (anything from 1/35 military vehicles to Godzilla and whatever in between.) Oh and a suit of armour.
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
Dontshootme
#29 Posted : 30 March 2012 16:06:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The bearded 1 wrote:
Hmmm, not sure how to add my current builds to my posts but so far they are
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
Medieval fortress
And whatever model kits that catch my eye. (anything from 1/35 military vehicles to Godzilla and whatever in between.) Oh and a suit of armour.

Click on My Profile at top of page,look down left side & click Signature,add what you want & then click Save
Hope that helps.
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
The bearded 1
#30 Posted : 31 March 2012 14:31:03

That worked, thanks Dontshootme.
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
The bearded 1
#31 Posted : 21 April 2012 05:04:19

Hmmm possibility of more fortress stuffBigGrin Yep I'm interested, soooo many things can be done. If this keeps up I may end up with enough to do a castle, yay. Got most of it planned out just no time atm but will post pics when I can.
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
The bearded 1
#32 Posted : 03 June 2012 16:37:49

Second lot of fortress stuff fell through a while back, no matter have more than enough to drive me nuts. Will post pics of all my models soon, in the meantime I changed my avatar; got my good side in this oneFlapper
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
The bearded 1
#33 Posted : 24 January 2013 04:16:23

Not sure if I can get it, postage from UK is high but let me know the details and I'll see if I can. If anyone else has read these posts and is interested in trying this type of model please go right ahead and go for it. I'm still working on mine, moved house recently and still not unpacked yet but totally recommend trying it, wish there had been more done like this.
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
redmanjam
#34 Posted : 04 February 2013 04:03:48

I'm thoroughly interested, I had mine half built several years back, but lost it in a house fire, I've been looking for a kit for some time now.

I do live in Australia, but am interested despite the postage costs. Please let me know how much you would like to sell, and if someone could guess how much postage would be.

Thank you so much.
The bearded 1
#35 Posted : 04 February 2013 06:20:39

redmanjam wrote:
I'm thoroughly interested, I had mine half built several years back, but lost it in a house fire, I've been looking for a kit for some time now.

I do live in Australia, but am interested despite the postage costs. Please let me know how much you would like to sell, and if someone could guess how much postage would be.

Thank you so much.

Hi Newbie, sorry to hear about the fire. It cost me 120£ for my package a while back, about 200 and something AU. That was for the bricks, tiles, everything except the magazines and some wood for the base, and the bags of plaster 9.8 kgs all up,with tracking number. That should give you a ball park figure to work from. Good luck with it.
Current builds:
The Victory (of course)
The Endeavour
The Bismarck
Lancaster Bomber
Baron
#36 Posted : 17 December 2016 19:04:43

Hi There if you are still about. I have been completing the village and have bricks +++ and some tiles etc spare - I somehow aquired x2 full sets on ebay but, due to poor quality (especially the tiles) have had to use from both sets. Let me know if you are still looking - its a labour of love but mine is nearly completed now.
zepp
#37 Posted : 03 April 2017 23:50:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I had started this Model here in Australia back when it was released, but canceled it after pretty much every pack I received kept coming with pulverized tiles/bricks.

I have just recently managed to snag a full set of this entire kit (minus issue 99) from the UK.

I was wondering If anyone who has this kit could tell me please what parts would have come with issue 99? Or better yet If someone has a spare copy of the magazine/instructions they don't want I would be more than happy to pay for it!

If not, just a scan of the instructions for issue 99 would be greatly appreciated.

I also ended up with two copies of issue 78 in this set I bought. When I check the instructions for both copies they are identical, however the parts that came with them don't match up with whats written. The instructions say issue 78 should come with 10 or so round clay tiles, but instead, one copy just has a bag of standard bricks and the other copy has some grey rocks.

Could anyone confirm if this is normal or am I going to have to make up my own round tiles copying the ones from the previous issue?
Give quiche a chance!
My Victory build
Tomick
#38 Posted : 04 April 2017 13:30:53

Groups:

The final issue of any Partwork is always the hardest to locate as its production volume is the lowest quantity of all issues. Which in terms of this kit, dates back to circa 2003, I'd say the chances of finding it at this stage could be nil.

Possibly contact Del Prado to ask if they have a digital copy of issue 100 on file, though its a long shot as Del Prado went bust in the timeframe of the fortress and is now under new management and only serve their home market: http://www.delprado.com....ute=information/contact

Hopefully one of the guys in this topic might still have the issue 100 instructions. Though hate to say it, you could end up searching for years and never find, which is probably why the kit ended up for sale.
Hope you didn't pay a great deal for it, as without the final issue it could be virtually worthless and was likely expensive to have it shipped to Oz because of the very heavy kit content.

Re issue 78, often with Partworks, the back page of the prior magazine gives indication as to what parts are in the next magazine, maybe take a look at 77.

Good luck with your search Crying
greyhawk
#39 Posted : 04 April 2017 14:44:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This looks VERY much like a repackaged/recombined Aedes Ars kit. You might try contacting them to see if they know something about it, or possibly have any documentation surviving.

http://www.aedesars.com/contact

EDIT: I see the "c u m" -> "c o m e" word filter is still doing funny things
Booth
#40 Posted : 22 July 2019 13:56:21

Red Medal: Red Medal

Hi All,

I have just obtained an almost complete Kit. It is missing the first 4 templates of the church. Does anyone have a photocopy available please?

Also, this means that I have templates for the rest of the buildings and happy to copy and send if anyone needs copies?

Regards

Alan