Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages <12345>»
Malc's Build Options
RM1
#41 Posted : 20 October 2012 11:25:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

The story so far. The base of the display case is sorted. Now to make the glass topBigGrin
RM1 attached the following image(s):
mclaren26.jpg
mclaren27.jpg
mclaren28.jpg
mclaren29.jpg
SennaMentalMe
#42 Posted : 20 October 2012 11:35:33

Groups:

Hello Malc,

A nice looking build you have so far, very neat and tidy and you obviously take your time when building as it definitely shows through in your work. Well done and I'll continue to follow your build - great stuff and thanks for sharing it!!

Kev BigGrin
RM1
#43 Posted : 20 October 2012 11:45:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

SennaMentalMe wrote:
Hello Malc,

A nice looking build you have so far, very neat and tidy and you obviously take your time when building as it definitely shows through in your work. Well done and I'll continue to follow your build - great stuff and thanks for sharing it!!

Kev BigGrin

Thanks Kev. Really enjoying looking through your build. I must try to get hold of that decal set for some extra detail.

Malc.
SennaMentalMe
#44 Posted : 20 October 2012 12:02:32

Groups:

Thankyou for the compliment Malc, very kind of you!!

You would do well to get that aftermarket decal sheet if you can as it makes a great difference to the detail side of things, especially in and around the cockpit area which is very open and visible on this model. In case you haven't seen it there is a picture of what you get in the set in my build log.

There are other decal sheets available but they are mostly bodywork advertising and finishing lines which we get anyway. The set I have contains details that aren't on the other sheets AND it also contains the all important 'Johnnie Walker' logos for the rear wing endplates and the smaller ones on the back of the mirrors!! Kind of fills in the gaps if you know what I mean.

The sets seem to be selling fast but I have found one here if you want it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...amp;hash=item2323a7c650

Hope that helps?

Kev BigGrin

RM1
#45 Posted : 20 October 2012 14:27:58

Great. Thanks Kev. I'll see what I can get and let you know.
Malc.
schueyking
#46 Posted : 21 October 2012 18:57:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Top notch build Malc! Going to have something very special there when you are finished!

ChrisBigGrin
RM1
#47 Posted : 23 October 2012 10:09:18

schueyking wrote:
BigGrin Top notch build Malc! Going to have something very special there when you are finished!

ChrisBigGrin

Thanks Chris, I'm really enjoying this build even though there's more than a year to go ! It's very encouraging to see what you guys in the UK are achieving with this model.BigGrin
RM1
#48 Posted : 10 November 2012 10:53:15

Latest parts arrived.BigGrin Still waiting for 24 and 25 !!
I've been away from home so only managed to get the engine block together. Still thinking of putting a little more detail on the block.Mellow
mclaren30.jpg
mclaren31.jpg
pierre50
#49 Posted : 11 November 2012 12:14:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Malcom
Your build is looking good :-)
Regards
Pierré
Current Buid:
HMS Victory
Next Build:
Captain Cook's Endeavour Collecting issues
Wish List:
Santa Ana
Bounty
Santisima-Trinidad
RM1
#50 Posted : 01 December 2012 14:32:35

Maybe it's putting the cart infront of the horse but I've organised a glass display case so I can get everything out of the plastic boxesBigGrin . Next job is to build some bookshelves to put it on!
mclaren32.jpg
RM1
#51 Posted : 01 December 2012 14:40:26

New parts arrived today..BigGrin I'm spending some time with the carbon decals on the rear suspension so gathering quite a few parts to build.BigGrin
mclaren33.jpg
SennaMentalMe
#52 Posted : 02 December 2012 10:11:18

Groups:

Hello Malc,

Making good progress there and looking like a very neat and tidy build - well done and thanks for sharing your work!!

Nice looking case by the way and not necessarily 'putting the cart before the horse' as you say, more like finding somewhere safe to put your model after each weeks' build - a good idea sir and a nice looking case!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin
pierre50
#53 Posted : 15 December 2012 14:45:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Malc
Looking good Drool
Regards
Pierre
Current Buid:
HMS Victory
Next Build:
Captain Cook's Endeavour Collecting issues
Wish List:
Santa Ana
Bounty
Santisima-Trinidad
RM1
#54 Posted : 16 December 2012 13:16:26

Christmas holidays are here BigGrin so not much is going to happen with the build for a couple of weeks.
I've finished the carbon decal on the upper suspension arms and added a bit of "under the hood" detail on the block.
mclaren11.jpg
mclaren10.jpg
der Gohfelder
#55 Posted : 16 December 2012 13:25:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking great, keep on!

Regards, Bernd
Warthog
#56 Posted : 16 December 2012 13:41:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

She's looking good Malc.. Nice details on the engine too
schueyking
#57 Posted : 17 December 2012 12:41:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Great build Malc!Drool Nice detail on the engine block too! Can you tell me where you got the Mercedes Benz logo please??? It really adds to the beauty of the car!

ChrisBigGrin
RM1
#58 Posted : 18 December 2012 16:11:43

Thanks Chris.
I made the cover decal myself by "photoshoping" a carbon weave and adding the MB logo from a image off the net. (Hope I haven't infringed anyone's copyrightBlushing ). I then printed onto a "crafty papers" product which is sold there in the UK for making waterslide decals. I set the decal on a 2mm thick aluminium plate , cut to fit the gap in the block.
I'm also experimenting with home made carbon finish decals for other areas.
If you'de like more detail I'll PM you.

Cheers Malc
RM1
#59 Posted : 31 December 2012 08:45:13

Newly arrived decal set BigGrin Many thanks to Kev (SennaMentalme)for the advice.
Don't need it yet so plenty of time to decide how to apply those "microscopic" steering wheel details.Huh
mclaren34.jpg
RM1
#60 Posted : 19 January 2013 14:39:47

Not been very busy on the build. I've done some decal on the rear links and added the gearbox side covers.
mclaren36.jpg