Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages «<6789>
Malc's Build Options
RM1
#141 Posted : 08 June 2014 16:45:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Added the front deflectors and barge boards. Quite fiddely to get it stable while the glue setsBlink .
The great thing with a model like this is that you get to appreciate the aero-detail that was on these cars at the time. Really amazing stuffBigGrin
RM1 attached the following image(s):
mclaren111.jpg
mclaren112.jpg
mclaren113.jpg
mclaren115.jpg
RM1
#142 Posted : 08 June 2014 16:49:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Some rear bodywork parts being tried for fit and decals added to the front wing.
mclaren114.jpg
mclaren116.jpg
smeagle
#143 Posted : 29 June 2014 09:28:58

Wow your build is an inspiration to us all. I was happy with my build (origional build, no added detailing etc) until I stumbled across yours. Since then stripped it all down and started over. Must say I'm a lot happier for doing so.

I'm also having trouble recieving my issues but have been told they are recieving stock end of July.Angry
RM1
#144 Posted : 30 June 2014 15:19:19

smeagle wrote:
Wow your build is an inspiration to us all. I was happy with my build (origional build, no added detailing etc) until I stumbled across yours. Since then stripped it all down and started over. Must say I'm a lot happier for doing so.

I'm also having trouble recieving my issues but have been told they are recieving stock end of July.Angry

Hi Smeagle. Many thanks for the kind words. This forum is a fantastic way to improve a build. I got most of my ideas from the guys building in the UK.
I hope you will put up some pictures of your work.

Good news about the end of July deliveries BigGrin I've come to a halt because of the missing four issuesAngry It all seems to be available in the UK so I don't understand why the local distributer can't bring the stuff in.

Malc.
RM1
#145 Posted : 20 July 2014 17:03:25

Great rejoicing in the RM1 houshold ...BigGrin The final four packs have arrived.
I hope all you other South African builders can get going again.
I'm on the final lap and the flag awaits Cool
mclaren117.jpg
RM1
#146 Posted : 20 July 2014 17:06:59

A few bits like the Pitot, cockpit display and canards added.
Still experimenting with the fit of the engine cover. I haven't glued in the side panels yet.
mclaren118.jpg
mclaren119.jpg
mclaren120.jpg
mclaren121.jpg
mclaren122.jpg
pierre50
#147 Posted : 21 July 2014 07:25:47

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

It's stunning Malc!
Current Buid:
HMS Victory
Next Build:
Captain Cook's Endeavour Collecting issues
Wish List:
Santa Ana
Bounty
Santisima-Trinidad
RM1
#148 Posted : 03 August 2014 16:53:42

Adding a few after market decals.
mclaren124.jpg
mclaren125.jpg
mclaren127.jpg
RM1
#149 Posted : 03 August 2014 16:56:32

A little more carbon effect.
Getting near to the final assemblyBigGrin
mclaren126.jpg
mclaren123.jpg
RM1
#150 Posted : 23 August 2014 16:43:11

Addition of the plank on the underside. I found that a couple of towels rolled up provide a reasonably safe support. I haven't yet attached the rear view mirrors as I didn't want to break them off during this stage.
mclaren129.jpg
mclaren128.jpg
rschram
#151 Posted : 25 August 2014 11:22:59

Really great build to watch as inspiration. I'm based in the Netherlands so we don't have the possibility to order this kit. Instead I just bought it via ebay. The package should arrive later this week. So I'll have all packs together.

I can't wait to get started. Can you let me know where you got the carbon decals you added? And especially how many carbon sheets it took to do all this extra detailling?

Keep up the great work. Take care.
RM1
#152 Posted : 26 August 2014 08:08:14

Hi rschram,
Thanks for looking in on my build. This is a really nice kit to put together and I hope you can put up a diary so that we can see the progress.
I'm quite envious that your getting all the parts in one go! I've been collecting and assembling for more than 2 years.BigGrin
The cabon decals that i used are:

Scale motorsport : Carbon fibre Twill weave SKU 1012
Scale motorsport : Carbon fibre plain weave SKU 1412

both are 1/12 scale and you can find them at the scale motorsport http://store.scalemotorsport.com or Hiroboy in the UK or bestbalsakits there in the netherlands. I would suggest two sheets of each.

I hope that helps.
Malc.
birdaj2
#153 Posted : 26 August 2014 10:59:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Malc

Very well done on getting to the finishing point of your model. It's amazing just how quickly 2 years can go by.

Really like the added carbon fibre decal effect you have used.

Guess you will be thinking what the next build will be - so many choices and more to come it seems from some of the other forum posts Confused

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
RM1
#154 Posted : 26 August 2014 15:19:47

birdaj2 wrote:
Malc

Very well done on getting to the finishing point of your model. It's amazing just how quickly 2 years can go by.

Really like the added carbon fibre decal effect you have used.

Guess you will be thinking what the next build will be - so many choices and more to come it seems from some of the other forum posts Confused

Happy modelling

Tony

I'm really hoping that the Senna MP 4/4 will reach South AfricaBigGrin
rschram
#155 Posted : 28 August 2014 12:01:09

@RM1, thank you for taking the time to reply. I found the website: http://www.lemans88.com. That offers decals specifically for the Deagostini Mclaren 2008 1/8 scale.

So I ordered 3 different decal sheets from there (a carbon sheet, and 2 different extra decal sheets). One of them the same as you've shown in post #59 in this tread Decal. Another with stuff like temperature sensors/stickers and the Vodafone logo for the rear wing planes (as I don't quite like the original ones). Decal

Can't wait for the kit to arrive, should be any day now.
RM1
#156 Posted : 28 August 2014 17:21:18

rschram wrote:
@RM1, thank you for taking the time to reply. I found the website: http://www.lemans88.com. That offers decals specifically for the Deagostini Mclaren 2008 1/8 scale.

So I ordered 3 different decal sheets from there (a carbon sheet, and 2 different extra decal sheets). One of them the same as you've shown in post #59 in this tread Decal. Another with stuff like temperature sensors/stickers and the Vodafone logo for the rear wing planes (as I don't quite like the original ones). Decal

Can't wait for the kit to arrive, should be any day now.

Hi rschram. Glad that you've found some decals. The little extras really personalise one's build. I hope you get time to start a build diary.
Cheers
malc.
rschram
#157 Posted : 28 August 2014 21:59:56

Thanx Malc, I just got the kit today and everything arrived in good order. I will wait with making a build diary until the decals are in, so I can Judge better how much I want to deviate from the original instructions. But I will definitely post a build diary on this forum.

In the meanwhile keep up the good work with your own build.

Take care,

Raymond
RM1
#158 Posted : 30 August 2014 16:19:47

OK so here we are with all in place except for the mirrors and deflectors on top of the engine coverBigGrin
I'll get those in place during the week and then it's the Decals which is worrying me a bit as there's no second chance Mellow
mclaren130.jpg
mclaren131.jpg
mclaren133.jpg
mclaren134.jpg
mclaren135.jpg
arpurchase
#159 Posted : 30 August 2014 17:56:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Malc

Looking great, as for the decal's just take your time and Im sure everything will work out fine

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

RM1
#160 Posted : 04 September 2014 12:54:40

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Malc

Looking great, as for the decal's just take your time and Im sure everything will work out fine

Regards

AndyCool

Thanks, I'm just getting my nerves together and will make a start this week.BigGrin

Malc.