Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hello from the Akagi home Country Options
Yutaro HONMA
#1 Posted : 19 April 2012 15:52:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello all! I send a topic from Japan that is home country of the Akagi.
I'm very glad that there are a lot of the Akagi builder in UK. In Japan, DeAGOSTINI Japan sold the same model from Feb 2010 to Jan 2012. If I can talk about the Akagi model here, I will be very happy.
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
DSC09670.JPG
DSC09668.JPG
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Tomick
#2 Posted : 19 April 2012 15:54:54

Groups:

A very big welcome to the forum Yutaro ThumpUp

Your build looks great, thanks for sharing Cool
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 19 April 2012 18:40:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome to the forum Yutaro,and nice pictures of your model. I am also building the Akagi here and also the Yamato, please feel free to look and comment on the build diarys if you so wish
regards
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

MWG
#4 Posted : 19 April 2012 19:11:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

ThumpUpArigato, Welcome to the Model Space Forum HONMA SAN Your build looks fantasticBigGrin Regards Mike san
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Silent_Running
#5 Posted : 20 April 2012 12:04:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Hi Yutaro,

A very warm welcome from the Model Space forum to you and your country. There are quite a few members here building the Akagi, including myself. Please can you post some more pictures of your fantastic model, when you have time. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I would love to see more of the work you have done.BigGrin ThumpUp

Kind Regards
Yutaro HONMA
#6 Posted : 20 April 2012 14:31:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hello shipmates!

Thank you every one for warm messages.Laugh I also enjoy this fun site about scale models in UK.

Japanese Akagi builders were able to reach the goal fortunately、since DeAGOSTINI Japan started selling the AKAGI model earlier than DeAGOSTINI Uk. Accepting your words, I attach 3 pictures here.

First one is comparison with the Akagi model that is 1/350 scale model from Hasegawa KK.
Second one is Zero fighter on the flight deck (You might have seen this picture, I guess it is déjà-vu).
Last one is flight deck's lights in which LEDs are included. This model is enough big that I could install several contents of remodeling in it.

I hope you are interested in these pictures.

Thank you again.

Regards,
Y. HONMA

DSC09558.JPG
DSC09544.JPG
DSC09304.JPG
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Silent_Running
#7 Posted : 20 April 2012 14:47:43

Hello Yutaro,

Both models are stunnning and a credit to you. Its lovely to see the finished article.

I love what you have done with the LED lights, it really sets off the flight deck. Could you please tell us what you did regarding the lights and how you achieved this? Thank you. BigGrin
Smuggler
#8 Posted : 20 April 2012 19:07:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

welcome to the forums and thanks for the picsBigGrin

Now i see what i'm building, i really am exited.
I smile because i have NO IDEA whats going on :)
Bron62
#9 Posted : 20 April 2012 22:41:56

Yutaro,

Congratulations on your fantastic models. They are very impressive. I am fascinated by the lighting both from the modelling and historical perspective. The only information I have so far is from the book 'Shattered Sword' which discussed the landing light system used in Japanese carriers and has a diagram of the arrangements in Hiryu. I welcome any information on this topic.

Regards

Greg McHugh
Canberra Australia
Ex RAN
Current build Akagi
Yutaro HONMA
#10 Posted : 21 April 2012 01:13:15

Good morning Silent_Running,Smuggler and Bron62!

As we have 8 hours jet rug between UK and Japan, I have waken up now and found your replies. I am very glad that you are interested in the lights.

I used very small LEDs whose standard number is HT19-21UWC (1st picture).
Referring to the correspond parts of 1/250 Akagi models, I scratched the light cases by using putty and plastic pipe and panel (2nd picture).
Finally the electric circuit and batteries were attached to the reverse side of the flight deck (3rd picture).

By the way I have a question that my registration sometimes becomes invalid. Then I can not log in here and I have to do re-registration. Can someone tell me where and whom shall I contact about such kind of this matter?Blushing

Best Regards,
Y.HONMA

pic_1.JPG
pic_3.jpg
pic_4.jpg
Silent_Running
#11 Posted : 21 April 2012 01:25:04

Hi Yutaro,
Thank you for sharing information about the lights, they really do look excellent. With regard to your registration problem, you need to contact admin, and they will sort it out for you I hope that helps. BigGrin
Kind regards BigGrin
arpurchase
#12 Posted : 21 April 2012 10:32:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Yutaro
very intresting on the way you devised the flight deck lights, i would be most intrested in any information you might have in a plan/drawing showing the placing/position of such lights on the flight deck as information such as this is hard to find.
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

MWG
#13 Posted : 21 April 2012 10:51:36

Hi Yutaro San

Your work on the Akagi is awesome,BigGrin More information on the deck lighting enhancement would be greatBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Yutaro HONMA
#14 Posted : 21 April 2012 13:36:13

Hi shipmates

I am very glad to read your replies. First, I have to thanks to Mr."Slinet-Running" for your exact and prompt advice. I sent Admin e-mail and am waiting for his response.

I provide more information about place of the flight deck lights for asking. I also built 1/350 scale Akagi plastic model sold by HASEGAWA KK, and the kit includes a detailed plan (picture 1) and an assembly description (picture 2). I referred to them when I decided the positions of the lights.

I also attach one more picture for Mr."Bron62"'s indication. Yes, IJN aircraft carriers had unique landing light system which consists of four green and two red lightings. The system is reproduced also DeAGOSTINI model and I made it possible that the lights of the system can be turned on/off by a wireless switch.

If you might want to get more information, you can refer to my making log of the model. "www" button at the bottom of my reply is linked index page of my log. The index page is written in English, but each log page is written in Japanese. There are lot of pictures in the log, they may be helpful for you.

Best Regards,
Y.HONMA

DSC09687.JPG
DSC09693.JPG
light.JPG
arpurchase
#15 Posted : 21 April 2012 14:08:59

BigGrin Hi Yaturo
your build diary is an inspiration there are several ideas you have used that i was thinking of doing myself. Fantastic build and it gives us here a good idea of what to expect.
regards
AndyCool

Ger C
#16 Posted : 21 April 2012 15:19:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Welcome aboard,

love your finished model,

the lights look great,

great work,

Ger
Yutaro HONMA
#17 Posted : 22 April 2012 06:51:03

Hello Andy and Ger C

Thank you Andy for your visiting my website. I also thanks Ger C for your warm comment.

Although top page of my site is written in English, building log pages are written in Japanese. I vexing that there are language barrier in my site.

If you have any question or comment in my site, please let me know them. I shall answer as possible as I can.

Best Regards,
Y.HONMA
Bron62
#18 Posted : 22 April 2012 07:33:44

Yutaro,

Thank you for your excellent information it has been very helpful.

Regards
Greg McHugh
Canberra Australia
Ex RAN
Current build Akagi
Yutaro HONMA
#19 Posted : 23 April 2012 11:40:58

Dear "Silent_Running"

Today, I received from admin. He solved my problem. Thank you for your good advice.

Best Regards,
Y.HONMA