Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<23456>
A renewed building diary in English Options
Yutaro HONMA
#61 Posted : 23 June 2012 14:19:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi shipmates!
This time, I introduce the building of the wind breaking fences on the flight deck.BigGrin
As describing below, I exchanged the all flight deck base parts that DeAGOSTINI Japan provided for plastic panels.Mad Because those parts were not proper for me. Since woods are warped by changing of humidity or temperature, wooden flight deck bases are easy to be transformed. Especially flight decks were not fixed in this model, and I could not ignore this transformation. I had one more reason. There were gaps of position between lift's openings of the original base parts and the lifts.Mad Mad Mad
#1 A plastic panel was processed as the flight deck base part.
#2 Stainless mesh was used as the base of the fences.
#3 Cut the mesh as the same shapes of the quadrilateral holes in the panel.
#4 Attach brass rods and plastic papers on the mesh.
#5 The fences were made to be movable.
#6 Paint them in Sasebo color (gray)
#7 Attach the planks around the fences and the lift opening.
#8 The fence has a small stand for being stand position.Cool
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic6.jpg
pic7.jpg
pic8.jpg
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
arpurchase
#62 Posted : 07 July 2012 22:38:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Another great enhancement to think about Yaturo-san and as i have plans on the way this should help me do more things aswell
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Yutaro HONMA
#63 Posted : 08 July 2012 12:50:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy!
Thank you for a comment on my article.BigGrin
Since I am very busy on my business now, I can not send additional articles here. After several weeks from now, I expect I will write here as before.LOL
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Ger C
#64 Posted : 09 July 2012 01:20:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Your help is appreciated by many,

looking forward to your next tip,

Ger
Yutaro HONMA
#65 Posted : 10 July 2012 15:32:14

Hi Ger C
Thank you for your warm comment.BigGrin
I'll be back soon and send new articles of the Akagi bulding.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Ger C
#66 Posted : 12 July 2012 04:42:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

thanks,

it is very helpful to learn from the experience of others
Ger C
#67 Posted : 12 July 2012 04:46:59

and expert tips are always welcomeLOL
Yutaro HONMA
#68 Posted : 17 July 2012 13:01:37

Hi Ger C and shipmates!
Thank you for proper comment, Ger C!BigGrin
This time, I will introduce some structures on the bow deck.Cool
I referred to pic #1 of the working sailors at the Akagi. We can see several structures in it. And I also referred to pic #2 of the bow of the battleship Mutsu salvaged from the bottom of the SETO Island Sea. We can see real bow’s structures in it. The 3rd picture is a part of the famous picture of the Akagi.
These were all materials for enhancements of the bow.Laugh

#4 The shape of original part is quite different from the material. I made scratch building of the plates of the bow and bollards.
#5 Attach them on the bow.
#6 Enhance of the both fairleaders based on the materials.
#7 Complete of the bow’s structures
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic6.jpg
MWG
#69 Posted : 17 July 2012 13:33:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Yutaro,

Nice to have you back againBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

arpurchase
#70 Posted : 17 July 2012 22:18:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome back Yaturo
even more food for thought,another outstanding mod
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Yutaro HONMA
#71 Posted : 19 July 2012 15:25:33

Hi Mike and Andy!
Thank you very much for your warm comments!Crying
Now I am very busy on my business and can not build any models. But, I will have much free time in August and be able to write more.BigGrin
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#72 Posted : 02 August 2012 09:14:19

Hi shipmates!
This time, I introduce attaching the hanger deck wall parts on the bow side of the Akagi. Although wall parts of the hanger deck are attached on the star board and port side of the hull, the hanger deck structure on the bow deck is not. It will be attached more late stage of this series.
Since there are some parts under the structure, we are not able to attach it on the deck. Otherwise we will not be able to put the parts such as cable holders and anchor chains on the bow deck.
When I attached the wall parts on the both side of the hull, I made some process on the interfaces of the wall parts. As it is very difficult for me to write what I wanted to do in English, please refer to the pictures below.

#1 Before attaching the parts, I glued them temporary and embedded the joint with putty.
#2 Make the putty smooth
#3 Cut the joint sharply
#4 Separated parts
#5 They are easily glued smoothly even if one of them were attached on the hull.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg
arpurchase
#73 Posted : 02 August 2012 18:34:23

BigGrin Hi Yaturo
another good tip from yourself
regards
AndyCool

Yutaro HONMA
#74 Posted : 07 August 2012 06:20:51

Hi Andy and Shipmates!
Thank you for your every comments, Andy!BigGrin
This time, I introduce building the truss structure under the flight deck in the bow side. Although original metal mesh-like parts of the truss were not bad, I felt they were slightly too thick. I decided to remake them. I found Kent was the most suitable material for this building. Kent was very easy to be processed.
#1 Original parts of the truss on (under?) the flight deck part.
#2 Remake them by using Kent paper.
#3 Paint in SASEBO-gray
#4 Attach props, their supports and othe parts.
#5 Put the flight deck on the hull.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#75 Posted : 30 August 2012 03:57:11

Hi shipmates!
This time, I introduce making boat davits of the Akagi.
Recently it is well known that the shapes of the Akagi's boat davits were strange. Since the parts provided by DeAGOSTINI Japan were popular letter J shaped ones, I had to re-make them.Cool
#1 Parts of bow and port side
#2 Attach them at the proper position
#3 Parts of stern and port side. Small hooks can be seen at the tips of the parts.
#4 Attach them
#5 Parts of the starboard side
#6 Attach them
#7 Hang the cutters. Since they are just hanged but not glued, I can remove the cutters from the boat davits at any time. (I well understand that it is meaninglessCrying ).
At first I had mistake to make white bands. The width of them were too wide. A narrow white band was corrected one.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
pic#1.jpg
pic#2.jpg
pic#3.jpg
pic#4.jpg
pic#5.jpg
pic#6.jpg
pic#7.jpg
arpurchase
#76 Posted : 30 August 2012 17:03:03

BigGrin Hi Yaturo
Another tip to look out for on the build and thanks for the information.Just a quick question on the forward hangar that overhangs the bow did you add the two walkways to the hangar that go round the outside of the hangar on your build.
regards
AndyCool

arpurchase
#77 Posted : 30 August 2012 21:23:25

BigGrin Hi Yaturo
Another question im afraid,Mellow your enhancment on 'post 29'concerning the port side windows that are omited in the build,my Miyuki-kai plans do not show this as you have built it ,the plans just show as it is in the build by deag.Now i have a quandry il have to reserch more about this section so some help with pictures or other evidence of this part would be of great help
thanks
AndyCool

Yutaro HONMA
#78 Posted : 31 August 2012 04:25:02

Hi Andy!
Thank you for comments and questions.LOL
Your first question is about walkways of the hangar above the bow. Original DeAGOSTINI model has the same walkways, but the parts were not proper for me. The parts had a thickness of about 1mm. It means that real walkway had a thickness of 25cm.Blink I attached picture of the Junyou, an IJN aircraft carrier. You can see a walkway of IJN aircraft carrier. That was never so thick. I attached one more picture of my model (#2).
Your second question is about the windows of post 29. It is a very sharp question, I think.Cool I attached several pictures. Picture #3 is the place of 1/250 Akagi model of Hasegawa Co. Several windows can be seen here. Picture #4 is my Akagi's part in process and the same picture had been attached on post 29. There were also several windows.
I guess you may notice that the position of my windows were higher than those of Hasegawa's model. It is the reason why you can not find any windows on my picture attached on post 29. As shown in picture #5, there are windows (red circles) behind the gun platform.
Here, I guess you may have another question why I took a mistake. To tell the truth, I wanted to make windows at lower position but I could not.Blushing I had to make a space for motor boat and signal lights circuits here. This was the reason why I had to make them be higher.
Since I may misunderstand your question, please do not hesitate to ask me more.Cool
Best Regards,
Yutaro
juntaka.JPG
pic_7.jpg
pic_01.JPG
pic_2.JPG
pic_3.JPG
pic_4.JPG
saintsman123
#79 Posted : 31 August 2012 16:21:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

hi yutaro

i just wanted to say how useful this diary is. i have up to delivery seven of the akagi, which i assume would be up to issue 28 if it was sold the same way here. i keep up with all the various diaries, and everyone seems to be having a few problems, even tomick, so it's great that you can give some advice here. once i actually start building i will be refering to your very useful help.
Come on you Jimmies
arpurchase
#80 Posted : 31 August 2012 22:18:26

BigGrin Hi Yaturo
I agree about the walkways being too thick and out of scale,i think i will use the wood walkways provided as templtes to cut them out of thin brass sheet.
As for the windows i mentioned,yes i agree they are included in the hasegawa 1/250 kit but 1/700and 1/350 kits by the same maker this window section is missing and the plans i have dont show this section either,perhaps it is down to the time or date of the tooling manafacturing to make these kits that have caused this problem to occure.I have included some pictures i have found of the kits mentioned, what i really need are some pictures of the real Akagi showing this window section
regards
AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
akagi006l.jpg
akagi009l.jpg
akagi010l.jpg
p_picture31AKAGI.jpg