Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<456
A renewed building diary in English Options
Yutaro HONMA
#101 Posted : 07 June 2014 17:50:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi All!BigGrin

I have not posted a new diary for a long time here. My Akagi was not completed, because mantlets for the bridge were not attached (Photo 1,2). I did not have any ideas to make the additional parts for my Akagi then.

But recently some one has asked me to complete the Akagi for some reasons. Since I have some new materials, I have tried making the mantlets.

First I made many 5mm small rods by using epoxy putty and attached them on the plastic panel. I made some casts of the rods and I poured new putty into the casts. This putty is usually used to make waves of dioramas.

After the putty indurating, I painted them in white. They were glued on the bridge.

My building the Akagi is finally finished.Laugh

Best Regards,
Yutaro

Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
800px-Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Akagi_Deck.jpg
japanese_navy_fc_type0-21_002.jpg
CIMG7380.JPG
CIMG7384.JPG
CIMG7385.JPG
CIMG7407.JPG
CIMG7416.JPG
CIMG7418.JPG
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.