Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Rob's Biuld Options
hudsonrobert49
#1 Posted : 25 April 2010 10:05:55

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

nothing to put yet, this is a badly taken photo of a atomiser i am soldering .04mm wire into it having first drilled out six holes, its for my flyingscotsman i am building the cannons there for scale.

point is i am not too bad with fine detail so that should come in handy I hope, All your work on your cannons looks really good.

OOPS I Spelt build wrong, lol
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

Built Flying Scotsman (Train). Collecting HMS VICTORY
jonny7england
#2 Posted : 25 April 2010 12:42:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks damn good Rob, I have not touched nothing on my build yet, I'm still waiting to get a few more issues under my belt first then dive in. I must say, I have not done minute detailed painting for many years now, so I am beginning get worried about the competition I have got on this forum he he he..No seriously, there's a lot of good stuff being produced on here already...keep the pictures coming Rob, I'm saving every one of them down to my HMS Victory Tips folder I'm keeping on my PC..ThumpUp John
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Capt Stedders
#3 Posted : 25 April 2010 18:28:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice clean work there Rob.

Just a tip; it looks like your camera was busy trying to focus on the kitchen roll and not your cannon - try using a plain sheet of white paper as a backdrop.

Schnellboots on back burner

Tools.

dtgray
#4 Posted : 25 April 2010 20:15:49

Good work Rob BigGrin
Regards,

David

jase
#5 Posted : 26 April 2010 00:24:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

looks good shipmate. I am interested in the red paint on the business end of your cannon was this on all the time? i have not seen any reserch pics with it on but geussing you know somthing i dont?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Mike Turpin
#6 Posted : 26 April 2010 00:47:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

jase wrote:
looks good shipmate. I am interested in the red paint on the business end of your cannon was this on all the time? i have not seen any reserch pics with it on but geussing you know somthing i dont?

If you check on the painting scheme from the Royal Navy Museum for modelmakers, you will see that the end face of the cannon should be painted in dull red ochre. The cannon should also have a simple wooden tompion also painted red.

HMS Victory Leeds Build See my first attempt at a cannon complete with tompion carved from a cocktail stick.
hudsonrobert49
#7 Posted : 26 April 2010 08:25:14

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Capt Stedders wrote:
Nice clean work there Rob.

Just a tip; it looks like your camera was busy trying to focus on the kitchen roll and not your cannon - try using a plain sheet of white paper as a backdrop.

Yes well the wife says it's good kitchen roll though (plenty), so hope you like it paper noted, and i'll spend a night in the brigg.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#8 Posted : 26 April 2010 08:29:03

Mike Turpin wrote:
jase wrote:

If you check on the painting scheme from the Royal Navy Museum for modelmakers, you will see that the end face of the cannon should be painted in dull red ochre. The cannon should also have a simple wooden tompion also painted red.

HMS Victory Leeds Build See my first attempt at a cannon complete with tompion carved from a cocktail stick.

That's corect mate i put a link somewhere on here for that very place, here it is again if you missed it.

http://www.hms-victory.c...amp;id=78&Itemid=111
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

jase
#9 Posted : 26 April 2010 15:47:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

thanks guys i will investigate

BigGrin
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
jinks8
#10 Posted : 27 April 2010 14:06:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi rob will follow your build thank for the comment good look. My nephew at the bay Filey is having a go at the Victory from what I have seen of the bit it is not to bad
hudsonrobert49
#11 Posted : 05 May 2010 12:00:23

Here They are HMS Victory and HMS Surprise, side by side, which do i do first or do I do them both at the same timeConfused Confused Confused

File Attachment(s):
DSC01256.JPG (1,392kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#12 Posted : 05 May 2010 12:02:30

Cant seem to add pics directly??????????????
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#13 Posted : 05 May 2010 12:56:26

Woooooop Wooooooop Did it

Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#14 Posted : 12 May 2010 11:28:42

Well time to make my Launch Part 1
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

hudsonrobert49
#15 Posted : 12 May 2010 14:23:13

And here she is, Victory's Launch, Part 1

To me it does not resemble the pic in the mag, still early days yet.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

jase
#16 Posted : 13 May 2010 00:04:51

I am trying to work out what we do with it nextConfused i guess none of that becomes part of the launchHuh
-Mark Twain
hudsonrobert49
#17 Posted : 13 May 2010 07:51:55

jase wrote:
I am trying to work out what we do with it nextConfused i guess none of that becomes part of the launchHuh

After we have planked it, I think that we cut the ribs where they join the oblong supports, if you know what I mean.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

jase
#18 Posted : 14 May 2010 01:08:22

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAr!!
-Mark Twain
snowtiger
#19 Posted : 14 May 2010 02:23:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looks like it gets the basic planking then sliced off the build jig....acording to tomics build....BigGrin
hudsonrobert49
#20 Posted : 16 May 2010 14:33:25

Regards

Rob

Bridlington.