Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

So, how many of you are there? Options
Roberius
#1 Posted : 27 April 2010 11:39:23

Groups: Registered

OK guys, how many of you are taking up this wonderful challenge to build the HMS Victory? Sure it'll take a while but be worthwhile, whether you give a natural or painted (trafalgar) finish.

I'm actually currently building the Revell model. It is very challenging & time consuming, especially painting it & I want to make a good job of it. So far I've done the main gun deck and now trying fininh off painting the hull before putting it together. Heck, aren't those windows small !!! Anyone else doing the Revell model?

So, as I asked, how many of you out there & anybody in the Midlands?

Now, am I no longer press-ganged?
dtgray
#2 Posted : 27 April 2010 12:39:32

Well I'm one .... building the Victory that is, not from the Midlands BigGrin

I built the Revell model about 30 years ago, and I still have it on a shelf BigGrin I've had the 1:100 scale Heller made Victory plastic model kit sitting unbuilt for a while now, I was always planning to built it but when I saw this wooden model on TV I just jumped at the chance. One of the things that always put me off actually getting round to building the Heller kit was the fact that for some reason it doesn't have the entry ports on the sides of the ship, instead it has a gun port Blink And this kit is supposed to be the most accurate plastic kit of the Victory ... go figure Huh Anyway now I'll probably sell it on eBay BigGrin
Regards,

David

Mac
#3 Posted : 27 April 2010 12:41:16

East Midlands here Roberius!
Pam's shipyard is closed for now no more room!

Alexhill
#4 Posted : 27 April 2010 16:51:55

Groups:

Hi,
I'm here .. sort of ;-)

If you go to the root of the forum and scroll to the bottom you get some stats on how many members there are as well as how many online etc... 400 last I looked.

Cheers

-=A
Jack Sparrow
#5 Posted : 27 April 2010 18:43:10

Groups:

Roberius wrote:
OK guys, how many of you are taking up this wonderful challenge to build the HMS Victory? Sure it'll take a while but be worthwhile, whether you give a natural or painted (trafalgar) finish.

I'm actually currently building the Revell model. It is very challenging & time consuming, especially painting it & I want to make a good job of it. So far I've done the main gun deck and now trying fininh off painting the hull before putting it together. Heck, aren't those windows small !!! Anyone else doing the Revell model?

So, as I asked, how many of you out there & anybody in the Midlands?

Now, am I no longer press-ganged?

Do you mean this one?!?!?!LOL

axle396
#6 Posted : 27 April 2010 18:48:23

Hi,
I'm having a go at this one. It looks like it'll be really good. I'm doing the Hachette Lancaster also and at the rigging stage of the Revell plastic kit of the USS Kearsarge. Trouble is, finding space for them. My house is of the small variety.

Hello to all,

Jimmy
Jimmy L.

current builds : Lancaster 1/32 (Hachette)
Revell USS Kearsarge
Titanic Lifeboat

I started off with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
pamlupo
#7 Posted : 27 April 2010 21:43:42

don't forget the lassies as well as the lads
Pam from DerbyLove
Zeptrader
#8 Posted : 27 April 2010 21:49:32

Groups:

For the love of god, dont forget Pam, never forget PamFlapper

Im from Welling, Kent Rob
willz
#9 Posted : 28 April 2010 02:02:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

dtgray wrote:
Well I'm one .... building the Victory that is, not from the Midlands BigGrin

I built the Revell model about 30 years ago, and I still have it on a shelf BigGrin I've had the 1:100 scale Heller made Victory plastic model kit sitting unbuilt for a while now, I was always planning to built it but when I saw this wooden model on TV I just jumped at the chance. One of the things that always put me off actually getting round to building the Heller kit was the fact that for some reason it doesn't have the entry ports on the sides of the ship, instead it has a gun port Blink And this kit is supposed to be the most accurate plastic kit of the Victory ... go figure Huh Anyway now I'll probably sell it on eBay BigGrin

the heller 1/100 is the most accurate plastic model of the victory ever, as for trafalgar no one is quite sure if the entry ports were there or not at this time, bit of a grey area, but the heller is a hard kit to build, been ongoing for 2 years here, ps how much are you selling yours for, lol
Roberius
#10 Posted : 28 April 2010 08:49:44

Yes Jack Sparrow, that one.

Cheers
dtgray
#11 Posted : 28 April 2010 09:48:14

willz wrote:

the heller 1/100 is the most accurate plastic model of the victory ever, as for trafalgar no one is quite sure if the entry ports were there or not at this time, bit of a grey area, but the heller is a hard kit to build, been ongoing for 2 years here, ps how much are you selling yours for, lol

You're right, it is a very detailed kit, how much have you done with yours? I'd love to see some pics if you have any BigGrin
Regards,

David

jonny7england
#12 Posted : 28 April 2010 10:00:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Don't think that I could ever sit down and build another plastic kit again after three wooden ship builds each taking around three years a piece to build, sad I know, but there it is...Crying
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
dtgray
#13 Posted : 28 April 2010 23:33:42

jonny7england wrote:
Don't think that I could ever sit down and build another plastic kit again after three wooden ship builds each taking around three years a piece to build, sad I know, but there it is...Crying

Even plastic ships can take a while to build Smile I found this build log about the Heller kit in question, and it's quite impressive .... even if it is plastic BigGrin BigGrin http://modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8453
Regards,

David