Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Money Saving Idea's Options
RussG
#1 Posted : 27 April 2010 22:48:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Money Saving Idea No 1

Binder 1, Binder 2, Binder 3, Binder 4, Binder 5, Binder 6, Have I done enough, after getting issue 2 & 3 with the FREE Binder, It then dawned on me that there is another 5 yes FIVE to get at £7.99 each Confused 120 issues 20 per binder !!! when DeA released Build the Spitfire All the Magazines separated into the individual section, So as the mags arrived History etc went in the front and the build went at the back, all together page after page, so you ended up with a big instruction book, Come On Admin, Get it Sorted!

Am I waffling!!!! lol LOL

Now the Victory build is at the back of the Mag and there is no way to detach it, Angry so during the build you have to look back/foward through pages and pages of other stuff which is a bit of a pain!

So for those who have a scanner, Scan the page, Print It and stick it in a Ring Binder, 99p from Asda Flapper have a box handy for the mags to look through at your lesuire, Thus saving a few beer tokens as well!!! LOL LOL

Needless to say I have rang customer services and asked them NOT to send me anymore binders.
Happy Building, Russ

On the workbench: My Victory Build Diary - Victory Cross Section Build Diary - Black Pearl Build Diary

Under the Bench: Millenium Falcon, Black Pearl x 2, Coral Victory Cross Section, De Lorean

mttmwilson
#2 Posted : 27 April 2010 23:52:25

I cut out the instructions from my Flying Scotsman build and put them in an A4 folder, will do the same with this one.

I prefer the layout of the Lancaster Magazine with the Normal A4 Binder and easily separated magazine pages that are placed behind dividers.

Mike

Built:McLaren MP4-23

Ongoing:HMS Victory, Victory Cross-Section, Harley Fatboy, Hatchette Lancaster, Flying Scotsman, Stagecoach
Tarbrush
#3 Posted : 27 April 2010 23:59:15

If the Flying Scotsman does not fit in an A4 binder nothing will!LOL
snowtiger
#4 Posted : 28 April 2010 10:15:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'm with mttmwilson on this one i like the way the lancaster mag is set out ...because the build section is bigger than the rest...i keep it in a seperate folder..down side when it's built ...what do i do with the folders ...and the million pages of instructions...??Confused Confused
John Wreford
#5 Posted : 28 April 2010 15:26:33

snowtiger wrote:
I'm with mttmwilson on this one i like the way the lancaster mag is set out ...because the build section is bigger than the rest...i keep it in a seperate folder..down side when it's built ...what do i do with the folders ...and the million pages of instructions...??Confused Confused

I'm sure that the instructions will be useful in a couple of years when a duster accidently knocks off a spar or twoBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
pamlupo
#6 Posted : 28 April 2010 15:47:30

Do you have to cancel the binders or do you have to order them. Did you cancel via phone or email.
Mellow
dtgray
#7 Posted : 28 April 2010 15:48:35

I believe that they will be sent automatically, if you don't want to receive them you have to contact Customer Service and tell them. I'd telephone them and follow that up with an e:mail. BigGrin
Regards,

David

hudsonrobert49
#8 Posted : 28 April 2010 16:18:54

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I sent them an email, and they sent me a conformation email see below.

Thank you for your recent e-mail correspondence.

Please be advised I have removed the binders option from your account
Cool
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

Built Flying Scotsman (Train). Collecting HMS VICTORY
snowtiger
#9 Posted : 29 April 2010 16:34:44

Here is a real money saver i got......i took down a shelf a couple of years ago...and stuffed it in the shed...thinking it may come in use some day.....and it did...it's 35 inch long....8 inch wide...3/4 inch deep....perfectly straight....instant JIG....bonusBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

I don't think my mrs is going to moan about me not just chucking stuff away...and it gave me a good excuse to get all the corner brackets off e-bay....it's been a good day all round...BigGrin
Dontshootme
#10 Posted : 29 April 2010 16:54:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

lol...I decided that a piece of leftover worktop that was lying around would be ideal to make a jig base...unfortunately the wife doesnt share my thoughts as her pastry board has suddenly shrunk!!
I also sent an email asking for binders not to be sent...hadnt realised just how much they were
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
BenE
#11 Posted : 29 April 2010 17:16:58

Ive sent an email to cancel my binders also.

I have a a pretty big storage box which i can use to hold my magazines, (its currently beign used to protect issue 1 + 2 with the parts :)
karl1113
#12 Posted : 29 April 2010 17:26:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

can somebody give me customer services phone number please.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
budgie
#13 Posted : 29 April 2010 18:09:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

karl1113 wrote:
can somebody give me customer services phone number please.

Confused still having probsConfused 08451489213 #back of front cover of mag