Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages «<56789>
MWG build diary of the HMS Victory X - Section Options
MWG
#121 Posted : 10 October 2012 12:53:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Jesus-Belzheim wrote:
Well done Mike, It looks very good ThumpUp

Cheers PeterBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

MWG
#122 Posted : 10 October 2012 12:55:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hans wrote:
Brilliant stuff there Mike. Nice and clean as usual. Well done.

Thank you Hans for the positive commentsBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

MWG
#123 Posted : 10 October 2012 13:35:00

Hi Team,
While building this model, I wanted to have more accuracy in the build and I planned some enhancements, but in order to have these enhancements for myself I need 10 members to also want them, so we can get the best price and the product together.
Here are the enhancements:-

1) FULL SIZE MAST WITH STANDARD RIGGING.
2) 1/72 SCALE COPPER TILE PACK.
3) 1/72 SCALE BOARDING PIKES.
4) ENHANCED CANNON KIT.
5) BLACK COATED STEEL CANNON BALLS 2mm in packs of 250.
6) ENTRANCE CANOPY ( 4 piece with overdoor motiff)
7) MASTHEAD LAMP white metal and brass etch

If you are interested in making these Enhancements happen please PM me

Kind Regards
Mike

MWG
#124 Posted : 10 October 2012 22:23:40

MWG wrote:
Hi Team,
While building this model, I wanted to have more accuracy in the build and I planned some enhancements, but in order to have these enhancements for myself I need 10 members to also want them, so we can get the best price and the product together.
Here are the enhancements:-

1) FULL SIZE MAST WITH STANDARD RIGGING.
2) 1/72 SCALE COPPER TILE PACK.
3) 1/72 SCALE BOARDING PIKES.
4) ENHANCED CANNON KIT.
5) BLACK COATED STEEL CANNON BALLS 2mm in packs of 250.
6) ENTRANCE CANOPY ( 4 piece with overdoor motiff)
7) MASTHEAD LAMP white metal and brass etch

If you are interested in making these Enhancements happen please PM me

Kind Regards
Mike

HI Team I have now received all the prices for the enhancementsBigGrin Regards Mike

tf64
#125 Posted : 11 October 2012 08:46:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mike,
Please add me to your list it would be rude not to.

Kind Regards Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

ian smith
#126 Posted : 11 October 2012 16:14:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mike.
Looking realy good. I lIke the way you have dyed the ribs realy shows them off. IanBigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
MWG
#127 Posted : 11 October 2012 18:47:45

ian smith wrote:
Hi Mike.
Looking realy good. I lIke the way you have dyed the ribs realy shows them off. IanBigGrin

Hi Ian, Thank you again fo the encouragementBigGrin Regards Mike

MWG
#128 Posted : 11 October 2012 18:48:59

tf64 wrote:
Hi Mike,
Please add me to your list it would be rude not to.

Kind Regards Trev.

Thanks Trev, you have always been on the list, from the begginingBigGrin Regards Mike

MWG
#129 Posted : 19 October 2012 00:06:40

ISSUES 129 AND 130

Hi Team here is an update of this great model.

I have planked the pump well and the stand with the walnut planking, it is not finished yet but I thought you would like an update.

I am doing this slowly and fitting lots of enhancements for which I have all the prices now. here are some photos:-
MWG attached the following image(s):
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 146.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 147.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 148.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 149.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 150.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 153.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 154.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 155.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 156.jpg

MWG
#130 Posted : 19 October 2012 00:17:19

ISSUES 129 AND 130

The parts have not been trimmed or sanded yet in those photos and so you can see where the planking overhangs the part.

Questions and comments are welcomeBigGrin I will leave you with a photo that gives you an idea of what the stand will look like.

Kind regards Mike
MWG attached the following image(s):
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 152.jpg

tf64
#131 Posted : 19 October 2012 23:49:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hello Mike,
Very nice tidy work, I do like the look of it, what a difference you have made to a great model,a pat on the back for thinking of that one.

Kind Regards trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

MWG
#132 Posted : 20 October 2012 10:05:52

tf64 wrote:
Hello Mike,
Very nice tidy work, I do like the look of it, what a difference you have made to a great model,a pat on the back for thinking of that one.

Kind Regards trev.

Hi Trev, Thank you, I really like this walnut it is such a great colourBigGrin Regards Mike

ian smith
#133 Posted : 23 October 2012 14:48:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

hi Mike.
Realy like the wallnut wood on the base. vast improovement on what was supplied. IanCool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Hans
#134 Posted : 23 October 2012 15:27:27

Brilliant build there, Mike. Real professional. Excellent finish. something to work towards. One day when I'm bigger. Well done.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
MWG
#135 Posted : 23 October 2012 20:37:49

ian smith wrote:
hi Mike.
Realy like the wallnut wood on the base. vast improovement on what was supplied. IanCool

Hi Ian thank you I appreciate itBigGrin Regards Mike

MWG
#136 Posted : 23 October 2012 20:39:25

Hans wrote:
Brilliant build there, Mike. Real professional. Excellent finish. something to work towards. One day when I'm bigger. Well done.

Hi Hans, thank you for the encouragementBigGrin Your work is greatLove Regards Mike

daffy09
#137 Posted : 04 November 2012 21:57:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Like what you've done with the stand Mike, well done! Think I may copy your idea and as you say, the walnut is a great colour.
If I hadn't already ordered the Victory stand from DeAg, I think I may well have used that treatment on the 'build stand' that was supplied with our build which would be more than adequate after three or four coats of varnish and a nice brass name plate.
Happy building Mike
David
PS: That brass cannon enhancement is superb - will definitely be ordering those from you when I get to the X-section build.
MWG
#138 Posted : 05 November 2012 12:19:20

daffy09 wrote:
Like what you've done with the stand Mike, well done! Think I may copy your idea and as you say, the walnut is a great colour.
If I hadn't already ordered the Victory stand from DeAg, I think I may well have used that treatment on the 'build stand' that was supplied with our build which would be more than adequate after three or four coats of varnish and a nice brass name plate.
Happy building Mike
David
PS: That brass cannon enhancement is superb - will definitely be ordering those from you when I get to the X-section build.

Hi David,thank you, I do think it look better, thank you for looking inBigGrin Kind regards Mike

saintsman123
#139 Posted : 05 November 2012 15:23:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

nice and tidy work mike, unlike mineBigGrin
Come on you Jimmies
MWG
#140 Posted : 05 November 2012 19:14:43

saintsman123 wrote:
nice and tidy work mike, unlike mineBigGrin

Hi Bob thank you, how is your hand now, has it healed?Love Regards Mike