Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages «<6789>
MWG build diary of the HMS Victory X - Section Options
MWG
#141 Posted : 15 November 2012 22:10:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

ISSUE 137

I received this issue today, and there are 2x 32 pounders included, my question is where are the Breeching Rings on the part between the Cascable and the Barrel? and they appear to be 24 pounders not 32 poundersBlink Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Silent_Running
#142 Posted : 16 November 2012 07:03:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

It's coming along nicely Mike. I love the enhancements with the walnut. This wood is a lovely medium to work with and looks fantastic doesn't it? Superlative work as always my friend, keep those pictures coming. ThumpUpBigGrin
MWG
#143 Posted : 16 November 2012 09:21:23

Silent_Running wrote:
It's coming along nicely Mike. I love the enhancements with the walnut. This wood is a lovely medium to work with and looks fantastic doesn't it? Superlative work as always my friend, keep those pictures coming. ThumpUpBigGrin

Hi Glenn Thank You for your encouragementBigGrin nice of you to look in. Kind Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Tomick
#144 Posted : 16 November 2012 18:39:30

Groups:

MWG wrote:
ISSUE 137

I received this issue today, and there are 2x 32 pounders included, my question is where are the Breeching Rings on the part between the Cascable and the Barrel? and they appear to be 24 pounders not 32 poundersBlink Regards Mike

Hi Mike,

No panic, the cannon are drilled and the breeching rings added to the cannon in issue 138.

Cannon size appears about right for being 32-pounders, though we won't be receiving any 24-pounders, as there are no 24-pounder gun ports either side of the entry port.
MWG
#145 Posted : 18 November 2012 10:40:06

Tomick wrote:
MWG wrote:
ISSUE 137

Hi Mike,

No panic, the cannon are drilled and the breeching rings added to the cannon in issue 138.

Cannon size appears about right for being 32-pounders, though we won't be receiving any 24-pounders, as there are no 24-pounder gun ports either side of the entry port.

Hi Mr T,thank you for the infoBigGrin Kind regards Mike

MWG
#146 Posted : 12 December 2012 20:16:50

MWG wrote:
Hi Team,
While building this model, I wanted to have more accuracy in the build and I planned some enhancements, but in order to have these enhancements for myself I need 10 members to also want them, so we can get the best price and the product together.
Here are the enhancements:-

1) FULL SIZE MAST WITH STANDARD RIGGING.
2) 1/72 SCALE COPPER TILE PACK.
3) 1/72 SCALE BOARDING PIKES.
4) ENHANCED CANNON KIT.
5) BLACK COATED STEEL CANNON BALLS 2mm in packs of 250.
6) ENTRANCE CANOPY ( 4 piece with overdoor motiff)
7) MASTHEAD LAMP white metal and brass etch

If you are interested in making these Enhancements happen please PM me

Kind Regards
Mike

Hi Team I have received support from more than 10 members now.
If you would like to be included in any of the X-section enhancements please PM me (The full size mast with standard rigging is looking good photos in the new year)

Regards Mike

cpt. tom
#147 Posted : 21 February 2013 09:57:33

Groups:

Hello Mike,

your cross section looks great and you are doing a good job. I want to build it that way too......Very good

Best regards Tom
MWG
#148 Posted : 25 February 2013 21:55:05

cpt. tom wrote:
Hello Mike,

your cross section looks great and you are doing a good job. I want to build it that way too......Very good

Best regards Tom

Hi Tom thank you for your kind commentBigGrin Regards Mike

MWG
#149 Posted : 10 March 2013 09:58:07

Hi Team,

I will have the photos of the Main mast (with standard rigging) enhancement, for the X section next week, it should be fabulousBigGrin Kind regards Mike

der Gohfelder
#150 Posted : 10 March 2013 12:05:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mike!
Please one for me!!! (if I could get it to germany???)

Regards, Bernd
RobT
#151 Posted : 10 March 2013 13:09:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Do you have a price list for the enhancements?
MWG
#152 Posted : 10 March 2013 20:27:23

RobT wrote:
Do you have a price list for the enhancements?

Hi Rob please PM your email address to me thank you Kind regards Mike

MWG
#153 Posted : 10 March 2013 20:28:47

der Gohfelder wrote:
Hi Mike!
Please one for me!!! (if I could get it to germany???)

Regards, Bernd

Hi Bernd yes no problem to Germany, please Pm me your email address Thank you Kind regards Mike

pemberg
#154 Posted : 10 March 2013 21:10:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mike, can't wait to see the photo's of what we are getting.

Graeme
MWG
#155 Posted : 11 March 2013 12:21:54

pemberg wrote:
Hi Mike, can't wait to see the photo's of what we are getting.

Graeme

Hi Graeme, Just a line to say the photos will be of the actual product, I will fit a mast to my X Section in due course so all the members will be able to see the finished product before they commit past the deposit stage, I want everyone who has supported this project to be totally satisfied.

Kind regards

Mike

MWG
#156 Posted : 24 March 2013 14:43:02

THE STAND MODIFICATION

While I am waiting for the Full main mast with standard rigging, I have been doing bits and pieces, the stand is nearly finished, I sheathed the ply pieces in 1 mm x 5mm walnut, I propose to finish it with danish oil, unless you guys have any suggestion.
This is a great model with lots of scope for enhancements,Andy has done a fabulous job of enhancing his build, Good stuffBigGrin Kind regards Mike
MWG attached the following image(s):
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 153.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 156.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 155.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 154.jpg
MWG VICTORY X SECTION 157.jpg

court orchard
#157 Posted : 24 March 2013 14:54:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks good Mike, are you going to replace the Dowel with Walnut Dowel too?
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
MWG
#158 Posted : 24 March 2013 14:57:31

court orchard wrote:
Looks good Mike, are you going to replace the Dowel with Walnut Dowel too?

Hi Andy, yes I am, it will only enter into the back of the panels so no holes at the frontBigGrin Thank you for your comment. Kind regards Mike

ian smith
#159 Posted : 30 April 2013 01:31:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mike.
Hope you are well. Stand looks really nice. Look forward to seeing some pictures of your mast project.
Keep up the excellent work. Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Hans
#160 Posted : 30 April 2013 08:55:43

Hi Mike, as usual job well done. I think Danish oil will really bring out the grain and make it look great.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section