Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages «<678910>»
Yet another Victory by Bernd Options
Gandale
#141 Posted : 20 April 2013 00:20:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Wonderful Bernd, truly wonderful..... BigGrin BigGrin Loving this build of yours....Love Love

Regards

Alan
petpole
#142 Posted : 20 April 2013 01:55:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

All I can say is stunning.
Keep up the good work.

Drool Drool Drool Drool
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
daffy09
#143 Posted : 20 April 2013 13:55:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing Bernd, absolutely stunning. A real credit to your skills. I only wish I had your attention to detailLove
Happy building
David
DaDokta
#144 Posted : 20 April 2013 19:46:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amongst all the wonderful diaries on this forum this is one of the best, if not the best build i`ve seen. Learning so much while following.

Amazing!!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Plymouth57
#145 Posted : 20 April 2013 23:22:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Absolutely beautiful Bernd, she's a real masterpiece and a credit to your skills! Cool

I really like that method of making up the hammock netting too, I'll definately be giving that a try when I get to that stage. Crying
Keep them coming, it's a real treat to watch!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Hans
#146 Posted : 22 April 2013 11:09:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Makes us mere mortals wonder why we carry onBlushing. Wonderful job there Bernd.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
jase
#147 Posted : 22 April 2013 13:20:47

Hans wrote:
Makes us mere mortals wonder why we carry onBlushing. Wonderful job there Bernd.

LOL LOL LOL LOL - Fantastic work Bernd
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
ian smith
#148 Posted : 22 April 2013 13:45:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi bernd.
Stunning work, look forward to seeing more. Cool Drool BigGrin Ian.
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Bernd
#149 Posted : 30 April 2013 18:20:54

Hi, shipmates!

I want to have my Victory with sails. This is yet another field where I am an absolute beginner. Blushing
I hope it will not be too difficult with the help of the instructions in the magazine.Blink

The sails provided with the kit are ok, but I personally think that the seams are too broad. The alternative are self-made sails, but I hesitated for a long time because I had no idea how to do this. Crying The only one I knew who could sew was my mother, but unfortunately, she died some 20 years ago. In her estate was this sewing machine from the mid-1980's which after thorough cleaning is still functional.

After a few hours of studying the manual I felt confident enough to give it a try.

I started by copying the shape of the sails from the kit to a piece of egyptian cotton

and started sewing

For the seams I used a glue stick, folded the cotton twice and ironed it before sewing

Fixing the bolt rope has to be done by hand. For me a rather difficult task - took me three hours to complete the first sail and the blood flowed freely from my fingers when I fumbled with the needle Cursing

And, finally, here is my first self-made sail in comparison to the one provided with the kit:

I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, but I continued hoping to get faster with time and practice. Mellow

Greetings from Austria,
Bernd
MWG
#150 Posted : 30 April 2013 18:45:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Bernd ,you are a master craftsmanBigGrin awesome work Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Martyn Ingram
#151 Posted : 30 April 2013 18:51:22

BigGrin The sail's are stunning you are a master of the needleThumpUp Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arpurchase
#152 Posted : 30 April 2013 19:08:20

BigGrin Top work on the Vic and the sails look the biz
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

DaDokta
#153 Posted : 30 April 2013 19:22:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

No doubt your sails are looking much better!!

But i`m afraid that would exceed my skills by far, so i will stick with the provided sails, trying to forget about your approach and what would be possible to achieve :)

Congrats,
Walter
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Gandale
#154 Posted : 30 April 2013 22:31:52

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Bernd, outstanding work with you sails... not bad for someone who had no idea how to use a sewing machine or in fact sew..... To stop the blood flowing maybe you should invest in a thimble....BigGrin BigGrin LOL BigGrin .. Seriously though, great tutorial and easy to follow....(in theory at least..... those with club fingers may not agree...LOL )..

Keep the pics flowing.....

Best regards

Alan
Plymouth57
#155 Posted : 01 May 2013 18:03:00

I agree with Alan and all the above! I tried using my mum's sewing machine on my first ship's sails, just couldn't get the hang of the machine speed and pulling the sailcloth through, damned lines went everywhere!Blushing
If I wore a hat I'd take it off to your sewing skills!Cool

Very Well Done Bernd!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Hans
#156 Posted : 03 May 2013 09:44:21

Well done Bernd, you are obviously taking this model very seriously and she will look beautiful when complete.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Jesus-Belzheim
#157 Posted : 06 May 2013 19:23:01

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups:

Your Build looks fantastic Bernd, great work Love
Kind regards
Peter BigGrin

HMS Victory 1:84 DeA
Bernd
#158 Posted : 13 May 2013 21:24:29

Hi guys, many thanks for looking by. Your comments are very much appreciated!

Meanwhile I completed all the sails

I am much quicker with sewing the seams now and my fingers are healing again

I even added extra reefbands to the mizzen sail

Finally, my first sail is rigged...

Bernd
#159 Posted : 13 May 2013 21:27:23

I also completed the gun port lids and started fitting them to the ship.
I deviated a little from the instructions by using eyebolts (the smallest eyebolts I could find)
for attaching the threads.

Greetings from Austria,
Bernd
MWG
#160 Posted : 13 May 2013 21:43:15

Hi Bernd, fantastic workBigGrin well done, all the best Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.