Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Gun Carrage Options
snowtiger
#1 Posted : 30 April 2010 08:47:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Before i continue to hand build some gun carrages i was wondering if the carrage base is correct and is it right what i have read thar it shouls be narrow at the front instead of the back..???...Confused

Help!!...coz i don't want to mess up 16 guns!!!ConfusedHuh
dtgray
#2 Posted : 30 April 2010 09:28:17

You're right, it should be narrower at the front of the cannon, for some reason the magazine instructions are wrong. Rotate the base piece before fitting the walls of the carriage so that the narrow end is at front and wide end is at the rear and it'll be fine. BigGrin BigGrin
Regards,

David

snowtiger
#3 Posted : 30 April 2010 09:32:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks ...David now i can get some work done...BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Pilgrim
#4 Posted : 30 April 2010 10:43:49

Some good images on this link showing the gun carriage from all angles. The wide end is indeed at the rear but the trick will be keeping the wheels square to the gun barrel.

http://www.vallejogallery.com/item.php?id=1635
Mike Turpin
#5 Posted : 30 April 2010 11:20:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

Pilgrim wrote:
Some good images on this link showing the gun carriage from all angles. The wide end is indeed at the rear but the trick will be keeping the wheels square to the gun barrel.

http://www.vallejogallery.com/item.php?id=1635

It is interesting to note that these are 1/4 scale models some 30+ inches long!
The cannon we have to create are so much smaller yet looking at the results on the forum the amount of detail is almost the same. I think we can take a small pat on the back! Mellow

Incidently the rest of the ship models on the site are pretty impressiveDrool I would love to know how much some of their items are. Not that the birthday fairy has anything left in the kitty now or ever has had for some of these!

Mike T
karl1113
#6 Posted : 30 April 2010 15:29:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I should have known better,Cursing several of the members told me I had made my cannon the wrong way round and spent loads of hours making new cannons,now I have to do it again, I hope admin. will pass this on to the printer/designer of victory.
and issue an apology,I would like a replacment cannon trolly,but trying to contact customer services is impossible.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
snowtiger
#7 Posted : 30 April 2010 19:10:53

Thanks for the pointers guys...BigGrin ....also is it just me or does the brass rod look a little thin...i have decided to use 1.2mm...i know it's not much but it looks a little less flimsy...and just passes through the holes in the wheels...BigGrin BigGrin
Mald
#8 Posted : 30 April 2010 19:56:46

Superb Link to the Cannons Pilgrim , Just got to find out how to tie all those different knots now . Thanks for pointing the link out , I am sure many of the Forum will appreciate it . BigGrin