Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Railings Options
prussian.guard
#1 Posted : 24 August 2012 00:33:16

Groups: Registered

Does anybody know if we will receive brass etch railings to go around the deck of this model.
Tomick
#2 Posted : 24 August 2012 09:29:33

Groups:

The kit provides brass pins and thread, which is loopedfrom stanchion to stanchion.

I believe arpurchase located some etched brass railing from a USA supplier.
prussian.guard
#3 Posted : 24 August 2012 11:06:22

Cheers for the reply tomick I might see how good they look or invest in some brass etchBigGrin
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 24 August 2012 16:37:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Prussian.guard
As Mr T has said i did manage to find some 1/250 scale etch by Gold Medal which includes a full set of shaped hull railings and some ancilary railings.It also hase the walkways for both fire control stations,the wood ones supplied with the kit are adequate but i wanted a more scale look there is also more scale fittings included like the weather stations and radars.The etch is top quality but there is a drawback with the cost as i could only source it from the USA.
It cost me around £130 all in that breaks down to about £80 for the etch plus postage and £23 import/vat charge so its a big outlay but the results are impresive i posted a pic on my build diary,hope this is of help
regards
Andy
Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .