Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Catheads/Beakhead - Issue 91 - 92 Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 24 August 2012 16:20:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

One side down one to go

I found it easier to construct the cathead (adding both the brackets before fitting to the hull.

Dry fitting to ensure a snug fit and then painting before glueing to the hull

I used a similar method to that when completing the gallery windows for the narrow yellow strips on the catheads i.e. I made 1mm x .5mm strips, painted them yellow and glued them onto the beakhead. The blue strips on the beakhead rails are 1mm approx wide strips of masking tape, paints blue and stuck onto the rails. Much easier then trying to paint as they can be removed and repositioned if required

Will be adding the crowns to the ends of the catheads when they arrive

As always constructive criticism is welcombe

Picture attached
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
Beakhead.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
MWG
#2 Posted : 24 August 2012 17:02:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Gil, areally fine build, Catheads look greatBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.