Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Frames Options
BenE
#1 Posted : 30 April 2010 16:03:08

Groups: Registered

Quick Question, is all the frames for the ship the same size/dimension all the way along (im happy to accept if the ends are slightly diffrent but the main middle section are the same?

I have a interesting idea on how to keep all of them aligned and help make it sturdy, This will also help during the planking stages.

If someone can reply i will get to work and give it a test, if i succeed i will post on here as i honestly think it will make life a tad easier :)

Ben E
Mike Turpin
#2 Posted : 30 April 2010 17:23:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

BenE wrote:
Quick Question, is all the frames for the ship the same size/dimension all the way along (im happy to accept if the ends are slightly diffrent but the main middle section are the same?

I have a interesting idea on how to keep all of them aligned and help make it sturdy, This will also help during the planking stages.

If someone can reply i will get to work and give it a test, if i succeed i will post on here as i honestly think it will make life a tad easier :)

Ben E

Looking at McKay's Anatomy of the Ship, I would say that the profile of Victory is a series of subtle curves. I assume this will reflect in the dimensions of each frame used in the model.

Perhaps those who have constructed Victory before can throw more light on your question?

Mike T
karl1113
#3 Posted : 01 May 2010 12:04:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

you will find only 3 or 4 frames/bulkheads the same (shame) they are the centre ones. this is why only the foreward bulkhead is glued in,you will have to line up the rest when you have the lower deck, you use this to line them all up.hope this helps.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/