Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<910111213>»
Jonny's Sovereign Options
birdaj2
#201 Posted : 30 April 2017 16:17:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

So pleased to see you back with us all and posting again.

Life has its ways of causing us problems at different times but i am pleased you are feeling at the point were you can now pick up your hobby again.

Your build is looking wonderful and it will be wonderful to see you progressing again with this one.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Tomick
#202 Posted : 30 April 2017 16:35:54

Groups:

Good to have you back Jonny, watching with interest Cool
arpurchase
#203 Posted : 30 April 2017 17:40:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice to see you back Jonny, onwards and upwards with the buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#204 Posted : 30 April 2017 17:49:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Great to have you back, looks like you've contracted a more critical eye. LOL

Regards
Mark
Gandale
#205 Posted : 30 April 2017 20:51:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see you back Jonny, you've been missed.... Hope your health is much improved and look forward once again to seeing your build progressing.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#206 Posted : 30 April 2017 21:02:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

It`s good to see you back and obviously ready to crack on with your Sots.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Looking forward to seeing your input on the forum.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

pemberg
#207 Posted : 30 April 2017 21:07:53

Good to see you back on your build, looking forward to seeing it progress.

Graeme
Garth
#208 Posted : 09 May 2017 06:05:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Jonny,
Nice to see you back. Looking forward to see your progress.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
jonny7england
#209 Posted : 09 May 2017 19:03:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

After my long break from my build, I seem to be missing two parts from the same issue. Does anybody know if I can still buy Issue 53 of SOTS from Deag??? Much obliged...
Unsure
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
delboy271155
#210 Posted : 09 May 2017 19:31:49

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

jonny7england wrote:
After my long break from my build, I seem to be missing two parts from the same issue. Does anybody know if I can still buy Issue 53 of SOTS from Deag??? Much obliged...
Unsure

Have PM`d an idea.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#211 Posted : 09 May 2017 19:39:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Jonny, you could try emailing sales@model-space.co.uk. You never know but they may just be able to help.

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#212 Posted : 09 May 2017 20:40:39

jonny7england wrote:
Unsure

Jonny

Not sure if it would help you but there is a part 53 on ebay at the moment with parts but is a little pricey ay£10.95

Here is the code

Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
birdaj2
#213 Posted : 31 August 2017 17:59:19

Jonny

Glad to hear its all moving in the right direction for you.

It can be difficukt to pick up were you left off after a spell away but knowing your great works i am sure it will all go well for you.
Happy Modelling

Tomick
#214 Posted : 31 August 2017 20:18:38

Groups:

Jonny, your last photobucket image is not showing, you'll need to dump photobucket and find a new photoshare site or think about using the fix http://forum.model-space...sts&t=23676&p=3
jonny7england
#215 Posted : 06 September 2017 18:57:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi shipmate...I've been busy fiddling around with my SOTS build tweaking bit here and there and adding some more of the bling to her stern. I am at present on issue 67 where I am having issues with cutting out the holes in the deck bulkheads. A job that I thought would be a breeze until I remembered that I had to cut through wood which is not very workable with a craft knife, then finding the bulkhead strips coming apart near the top of the bulkhead..Curses..With some cussing I am slowly winning though. I am adding just one pic at this point...So, onward and upward me hearties...
Confused Crying
File Attachment(s):
Transit Pic 70.JPG (458kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
jonny7england attached the following image(s):
Bulkhead Holes.JPG
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
neon
#216 Posted : 06 September 2017 20:33:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi johnnie
Those ports are very tough to cut out. I used a sanding bit to finally get the job done. Anyway great to see you back. Your build is looking fantastic. Keep up the good work mate.
Martyn Ingram
#217 Posted : 06 September 2017 20:45:56

BigGrin Hi Jonny the stern is looking brilliant Cool Cutting the holes are a real pain , to help stop them splitting out I found running ca glue down the seams helps hold them in place also I used drills in slowly increasing size to hand drill the holes and made up a dowel of the right size with some sandpaper wrapped around it to sand it to the right diameter

Hope this helps rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#218 Posted : 06 September 2017 22:48:14

Hi Jonny, she's coming along beautifully and all credit to your patience.....Cool Cool .. Drilling the holes can be a little dodgy especially at the very top of the bulkheads but Martyn has described the best solution, a dowel that is smaller than the required diameter with find sandpaper glued around it at one end. This method will give you far greater control than any drill bit or file....Cool Cool .. Keep up the good work....

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#219 Posted : 09 September 2017 15:01:27

Since Tuesday, (with the help from a fellow Model Space member to whom I will be forever grateful) I have spent quite some time trying to put together my SOTS build diary trying to fit photographs to the words...But, I'm very sad to say that I failed to rescue some of my pictures from a certain photo sharing site which can not be put back into my build diary leaving ugly gaps. Sadly, I have had to ask to have my Victory build diary to be removed all together...But, I shall continue the task of restoring this diary where I can and adding a few new pictures of my recent work on SOTS.
Blink Crying
And to that photo sharing site
Flapper
jonny7england attached the following image(s):
Holes 1.JPG
Holes 2.JPG
Holes 3.JPG
Holes 4.JPG
Holes 5.JPG
Martyn Ingram
#220 Posted : 09 September 2017 15:42:38

BigGrin Looking good my friend, lovely job on the gunports Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe