Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<1011121314>»
Jonny's Sovereign Options
birdaj2
#221 Posted : 09 September 2017 17:50:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nice work Jonny.

It is a great shame photobucket took the stance they did as they ruined so many build diaries.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#222 Posted : 09 September 2017 18:57:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Jonny, nicely done... Cool Cool .. Great to see the restoration of your diary is progressing steadily, great job.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#223 Posted : 13 September 2017 14:52:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I seem to have ran into a problem in issue 64 regarding the handrails. I have follewed the instruction correctly cut everything to the correct length and when I fitted the top rail on the starboard side, the distance from forecastle deck ond the lower rail is only around 4mm. At the other end at the aft bulhead the rail gradient is not so steep as in the instructions?? Distance between the front bottom part of the upper handrail 97 and the base 98 is about 3mm whereas in the picture in the mag it looks more like 10mm?? Has something gone awry with my measurements somewhere...
Blink Confused
jonny7england attached the following image(s):
Handrail 1.JPG
Handrail 2.JPG
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Gandale
#224 Posted : 13 September 2017 22:39:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Jonny, I'm having a look at this to see if I can spot what may be wrong and will come back to you... Any chance of a couple more photos, side on but a little further back....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#225 Posted : 14 September 2017 11:24:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there Alan..Thanks for your reply...Hope you are keeping well mate? I have been puzzled over this problem and so I took some more pictures as you requested and here they are:
Confused
Hand Rail 3.JPG
Hand Rail 4.JPG
Hand Rail 5.JPG
Hand Rail 6.JPG
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
jonny7england
#226 Posted : 10 October 2017 09:15:17

On the SOTS Can anybody furnish me with the measurements between the top of the gun port lining and the bottom of the well deck hand rail base (as shown in above pictures) please...I need to find out where I have mislaid 5 mm... lol. Thanks...
Confused
jonny7england
#227 Posted : 10 October 2017 12:49:00

Some weeks back I hit a snag which I am yet to resolve, though, with some much appreciated advice recieved today, I can see two possible ways around the problem. And while contemplating my actions, I continued on with my build, working around the snag and so here are a couple of pictures to show my progress to date.
BigGrin
File Attachment(s):
DSCI0003.JPG (749kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
Model Space 1.JPG
Model Space 2.JPG
Model Space 3.JPG
Model Space 4.JPG
Gandale
#228 Posted : 10 October 2017 22:25:46

And very nice progress you're making too John, great to see.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#229 Posted : 11 October 2017 16:56:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice update. Those are some very small parts on the hatch but you have fixed them down very well and they look very good.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
neon
#230 Posted : 11 October 2017 18:46:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Absoulute class job !
Martyn Ingram
#231 Posted : 11 October 2017 20:22:16

BigGrin Looking good my friend lovely work Cool

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
jonny7england
#232 Posted : 14 October 2017 13:15:51

Thanks for your very welcome comments gents, much appreciated. I have been busy these past couple of days measuring out and adding the 1.5 mm and 1.2mm strips to the side. As I had mensioned before, I am a between 5 or 9mm adrift somewhere and thought that adding the strips to the side and working upwards, I would get an idea as to where I had gone wrong?? But....I put the strips on thinking that I could have my little problem sussed and found out that my measurements so far were more or less bang on!!
Hull Bulwark 2.JPG
Hull Bulwark 3.JPG
Hull Bulwark 4.JPG
jonny7england
#233 Posted : 14 October 2017 13:27:38

And having previously had a chat with one of our fellow forum members. It was a possibility that the problem I was having with the height of the well deck hand rails (forecastle end) was with the forecastle itself!! If this is so, then my next task will be to raise the foecastle deck a few millimetres in order to gain a bit of height so that I can get the well deck hanrails fitted as near as damn it!! What you see here is around 3 to 4mm clearance between the top of the handrail base and the deck of the forecastle which should be around 9mm?? So, that is where my next task lies???...Fun and games shipmates...Fun and games!! Happy building everyone..
Hull Bulwark 5.JPG
birdaj2
#234 Posted : 14 October 2017 13:53:30

Glad you have managed to identify a fix.

Hope it sorts itself out well so you can press on.
Happy Modelling

delboy271155
#235 Posted : 14 October 2017 16:53:46

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That`s good news,Cool Cool

Wish you luck with the fix.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#236 Posted : 14 October 2017 16:59:29

BigGrin Well done on finding the problem Jonny Cool

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#237 Posted : 14 October 2017 21:30:29

Looking great Johnny, looks like you're working through the problem really nicely..... Well done that man.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#238 Posted : 22 October 2017 17:40:43

Good afternoon shipmates...For those who had been following my build will know that I have had a problem with my SOTS which had been bugging me for weeks!! I eventually found that the angle of the forecastle deck was far too steep and throwing all my measurements out the window. Problem identified, I have spent the past week making a few alterations so that I could progress with my build and here are a few pictures showing my progress. Now, I think that I can progress with my build further now all the agro is behind me. So, onwards and upwards shipmates, happy building and keep safe eh??
Forecastle 1.JPG
Forecastle 2.JPG
Forecastle 3.JPG
birdaj2
#239 Posted : 22 October 2017 17:59:38

Glad you have managed to sort out the issues.

Will be good to see you move this on a stage further now as its looking very nice.
Happy Modelling

Gandale
#240 Posted : 22 October 2017 23:27:00

Very nicely done John, you've done a really good job with your fix and you can now move forward with your build... The only thing you'll need to check now is that the cannons you fit on that deck will fit nicely in relation to the gun port openings.....Cool Cool .... Look forward to seeing your next update.....

Regards

Alan