Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<1112131415>»
Jonny's Sovereign Options
delboy271155
#241 Posted : 23 October 2017 00:11:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Happy to see you got it sorted.BigGrin

WTG

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#242 Posted : 23 October 2017 07:11:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Looking good Jonny glad you have got the problem sorted. Onwards and upwards m8

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Garth
#243 Posted : 24 October 2017 10:42:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Jonny,
I am really enjoying your build. Well done on your alterations - glad you are back on track.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
jonny7england
#244 Posted : 26 October 2017 17:41:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for your very comforting words shipmates...Carry on like this and I'll start getting big headed..lol. I have been busy today and reckon I'm going cross-eyed as I have been concentrating on small parts such as the rings and eye bolts, shields and started on two ladders to stop myself from going totally Whacko!!! He he. I did find a lot of the eye bolts that came with issue 63 somewhat twisted and if needed later in the build I shall have to spend a good while putting them right...I am posting three pictures of what I have been up to and if the pics seem blurry...Blame the ruddy eye bolts!! lol. So, onwards and upwards shipmates..Take care and catch yer next time...
BigGrin ThumpUp
jonny7england attached the following image(s):
Fiddly Bits 1.JPG
Fiddly Bits 2.JPG
Fiddly Bits 3.JPG
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
birdaj2
#245 Posted : 26 October 2017 18:44:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking really good.

I must admit i liked the decal option for the shields as it makes the parts look really neat without having tobtake a microscope to try and paint on the detail.

I thought that was a well thought out part of this model.

Hope it continues well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#246 Posted : 26 October 2017 22:35:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice John, you're going to have fun painting all the decorations for this build so hope you have a good set of optivisors handy.....Cool Cool .. I actually enjoyed the painting sessions, found it very relaxing....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#247 Posted : 11 November 2017 14:20:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Another quick update with my build. I have been kept pretty busy with a lot of fiddly jobs, a lot of which not yet fitted to the build..So, I'll just shut up and post some pictures...
LOL ThumpUp
Update 1.JPG
Update 2.JPG
Update 3.JPG
Update 4.JPG
Update 6.JPG
Update 7.JPG
Update 8.JPG
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
tigerace
#248 Posted : 11 November 2017 15:01:32

Hi Jonny looking greatBigGrin love the detail Drool Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

birdaj2
#249 Posted : 11 November 2017 15:34:45

Jonny thats coming along so very well.

There is certainly of ornament to add to the sides of this one.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
pemberg
#250 Posted : 11 November 2017 18:55:34

Coming along really nicely, great job.

Graeme
Gandale
#251 Posted : 12 November 2017 00:31:21

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nicely done Johnny, great to see her progressing so well.... well done....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#252 Posted : 24 November 2017 14:53:48

Afternoon shipmates. Yet another posting from yours truly. I have reached that part of my build where the ship's decoration has been taking up most of my time and some parts have become very fiddly in deed. The horse and rider for instance, it was difficult to make out what was actually the design of the parts from the rough parts that needed fettling. I also noticed that they required tidying up with some modelling clay which I had to order over the internet only yesterday, so the figurines will have to wait before finishing them off. I turned my attention to other decorations, the hull and the ornate pieces for the stern. Here are some pictures of my progress...So, keep modelling my friends stay safe and catch yer next time.
BigGrin ThumpUp
Model Space 1.JPG
Model Space 2.JPG
Model Space 3.JPG
Model Space 4.JPG
Model Space 5.JPG
Model Space 6.JPG
Model Space 7.JPG
Martyn Ingram
#253 Posted : 24 November 2017 16:11:34

BigGrin looking good Jonny Cool those carvings are fiddley little blighters

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
birdaj2
#254 Posted : 24 November 2017 19:47:59

Your doing so well with your build - really good to see it taking shape.

I love this model because to modern eyes "its crazy". That figurehead is just so detailed and involved and i wonder when they built the ship how much did they pay for that part compared to the actual ship itself.

I think that is why i love history so much.

My re-subscrption to the SoS this month should get me back to having all the hull parts to rebuild my earlier attempt.

Hope it all continues well for you.
Happy Modelling

jonny7england
#255 Posted : 24 November 2017 20:27:33

[quote=birdaj2]Your doing so well with your build - really good to see it taking shape.

I love this model because to modern eyes "its crazy". That figurehead is just so detailed and involved and i wonder when they built the ship how much did they pay for that part compared to the actual ship itself.

My re-subscrption to the SoS this month should get me back to having all the hull parts to rebuild my earlier attempt.

Hope it all continues well for you.[/quote

Thank you..Yes, this ship does have a lot going for it and must have cost a ruddy fortune at that time 1600's and the carpenters alone must have had a field day!! I for one think that this is a brilliant build and well worth the time and effort though how daunting it seems...
Blink Blink

birdaj2
#256 Posted : 24 November 2017 20:49:49

jonny7england wrote:
[quote=birdaj2]Your doing so well with your build - really good to see it taking shape.

Hope it all continues well for you.[/quote

Thank you..Yes, this ship does have a lot going for it and must have cost a ruddy fortune at that time 1600's and the carpenters alone must have had a field day!! I for one think that this is a brilliant build and well worth the time and effort though how daunting it seems...
Blink Blink

Jonny

Fully agree with that. Its a really brilliant kit with so much detail. Well worth subscribing too just forthe build time you get from it. And such a lot of techniques with it as well - not just all wood building.

Hope yours continues well.
Happy Modelling

Gandale
#257 Posted : 25 November 2017 00:00:46

You're making great progress Johnny, she's looking the biz.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#258 Posted : 25 November 2017 07:53:56

Gandale wrote:
You're making great progress Johnny, she's looking the biz.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan

Thanks for looking in Alan, very much appreciated, and yeah, I seem to be getting back into the old groove again. Went out and bought myself an anglepoise type lamp a short while back with an extra bright bulb just so I can get more work in over the winter months what with the fading light. Its beginning to pay off now. Hope you are keeping well mate? Take care now.
Wink ThumpUp
jonny7england
#259 Posted : 25 November 2017 08:02:05

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin looking good Jonny Cool those carvings are fiddley little blighters

Rgd Martyn

Hi Martyn..Thanks for looking in mate, comments much appreciated. Finally got those parts on that you sent me...lol. Thanks again. Beginning to turn the corner with the old girl now and she is beginning to look more like she should with a few extra tweeks here and there? Take care mate..
Wink ThumpUp
nightwisher
#260 Posted : 25 November 2017 20:13:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking absolutely fantastic jonny looks like you are enjoying the build I think the figurehead is a model diorama in itself.Love
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!