Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<13141516>
Jonny's Sovereign Options
birdaj2
#281 Posted : 12 June 2020 10:04:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

jonny7england wrote:
No...Sorry but, I just can't seem to be able to post pictures? I must be doing something wrong somewhere? I write what I want to say and where it come to adding a photo, I put a tick in the box (attach files to post) then nothing happens?? I am at a loss as to what to do?? Confused Blushing Cursing

Hi

As Chris mentioned you write your text. As you have done tick the add pictures box (i usually then tick the preview to make sure all the text looks formatted ok.

You then need to POST and its at that point you get the selection box to add the pictures.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
jonny7england
#282 Posted : 12 June 2020 10:37:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I've been having all sorts of problems here, but with a bit of luck this time, problem should be solved? as he mutters cursedly under his breath "I hope". Here are a couple of pictures of what I have been up to.

Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
birdaj2
#283 Posted : 12 June 2020 11:28:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very neatly done. Looks fantastic.

What sort of glue did you decide on using for gluing the metal decorations to the wood please ?

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
jonny7england
#284 Posted : 12 June 2020 11:50:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tony...I used ZAP-O Foam Safe CA (Odourless} from Cornwall Model Boats. It is the only superglue that I can safely use as other products causes me to break out in all sorts of complaints as does the fumes...Been using it for a longwhile, good stuff!!
BigGrin ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
darbyvet
#285 Posted : 12 June 2020 14:22:35

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

you are certainly having ZERO problems with the build!!! Museum quality for sure.That stern ornamentation is stunning.

Carl

birdaj2
#286 Posted : 12 June 2020 18:59:22

jonny7england wrote:
Hi Tony...I used ZAP-O Foam Safe CA (Odourless} from Cornwall Model Boats. It is the only superglue that I can safely use as other products causes me to break out in all sorts of complaints as does the fumes...Been using it for a longwhile, good stuff!!
BigGrin ThumpUp

I think i will give that a try. I am really not doing very well with my present brands.

Building that hachette spitfire and sadly much of that is super glued together and i find the goue fogs and leaves a white residue.

Thanks for the info - i will look that one out when i i next place an order.

Tony
Happy Modelling

goddo
#287 Posted : 12 June 2020 19:39:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

birdaj2 wrote:

I think i will give that a try. I am really not doing very well with my present brands.

Building that hachette spitfire and sadly much of that is super glued together and i find the goue fogs and leaves a white residue.

Thanks for the info - i will look that one out when i i next place an order.

Tony

Cornwall Boats also do Pro-Can canopy glue which is supposed to be very good although I have never tried it myself.
goddo attached the following image(s):
5524800.jpg
Gandale
#288 Posted : 12 June 2020 21:46:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You may have been away for a while Jonny but what a stunning result you're producing. She's beautiful in every way and an absolute joy to see.....Love Love Love .. Great to have you back.....BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#289 Posted : 12 June 2020 23:21:21

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Jonny BigGrin

Have to agree that you are producing excellent results.

Keep it going. Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

jonny7england
#290 Posted : 14 June 2020 17:37:49

Hello my friends....I trust that you are all keeping safe and well? I have been trying to get in as much modelling as I possible can since that long stretch off my build, and each time I sit in front of my SOTS, I always find places on it where it could do with a little tweak here and there to improve what I had done ages ago..Is it me???
Anyway, I am only posting one picture on here today of my progress. I have been busy painting what seemed like an endless number of decorations while contemplating Issue 94 and the chainwales. and I was wondering...Has anybody used any form of reinforcement to secure the chainwales to the hull such as de-headed brass nails or something similar?? Thought I'd ask. Anyway, back to the grindstone, take care now and catch you anon...

ThumpUp
goddo
#291 Posted : 14 June 2020 18:17:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi jonny,
Another great picture of your build progress.
You mentioned the chainwales and using de-headed brass nails.
On a previous build that I did, the chainwales were thick enough that I could just use cut offs from cocktail sticks to use as dowels. Definitely helped. Obviously it depends on the thickness of the wood.
Cheers
Chris
Garth
#292 Posted : 14 June 2020 19:25:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Jonny,
Glad to see you back.
I have just been browsing your diary and it's simply amazing Drool
Looking forward to your next update.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
delboy271155
#293 Posted : 15 June 2020 22:22:30

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Jonny, BigGrin

Decoration painting looks good to me. Keep up the good work. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

jonny7england
#294 Posted : 27 June 2020 09:42:59

Again, just a couple of pictures to add to my build diary to keep it going. I have been keeping myself busy with my build and am now halfway through issue 95 and the preparation of fitting the starboard chainwales. I have opted to tone down the golden decoration of my sots as I feel it would look more realistic. As I very much doubt that the paintwork on the real vessel wouldn't have lasted five minutes under proper sea conditions. I hope that you are keeping well shipmates...Stay safe now...
ThumpUp

birdaj2
#295 Posted : 27 June 2020 11:06:36

Thats looking very good.

And its a good point you make about just how bright the colours would have been on the original.

Interested to see your take on this when its all done.

Hope it all continues well

Tony
Happy Modelling

Gandale
#296 Posted : 28 June 2020 00:09:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Another lovely update on your progress Jonny, coming along beautifully.....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Gandale
#297 Posted : 28 June 2020 00:09:23

Another lovely update on your progress Jonny, coming along beautifully.....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#298 Posted : 05 July 2020 19:24:47

Hi Jonny, BigGrin

Congrats on being the "Featured Build of the Month". Cool Cool Cool

I have awarded your "Green" medal which should show shortly.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Gandale
#299 Posted : 05 July 2020 23:19:41

Featured Build of the Month eh.... congratulation Jonny, the recognition is very well deserved for the effort and skill you've applied to your build.... Very well done.....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#300 Posted : 06 July 2020 14:51:32

Overwhelmed/Stunned/Gobsmacked??? What an honor!! Thank you Model Space for bestowing this award of the green medal. I am more than grateful...Blushing BigGrin