Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<141516
Jonny's Sovereign Options
delboy271155
#301 Posted : 06 July 2020 18:32:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Awards made where awards are due.

Keep up the good work.
Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

birdaj2
#302 Posted : 07 July 2020 10:24:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Very well deserved and really good to see you back on the forum.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
goddo
#303 Posted : 07 July 2020 15:54:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Congratulations on your medal, John.
Well deserved.
Chris
Markwarren
#304 Posted : 07 July 2020 17:29:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Congratulations John, well deserved. Excellent work.Love Love

Mark
Gandale
#305 Posted : 08 July 2020 08:37:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

And as a bonus Jonny, your build enters the 'Forum Hall of Fame'.... Very well deserved....Drool Drool

https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=topics&f=651

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#306 Posted : 08 July 2020 09:21:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Alan..Mark..Chris..Tony..Derek
Thank you very much for your very welcome and heartwarming words of support. Knowing that I am among fellow modelers such as you only spurs me on more to accomplish my build successfully..
Perhaps one of you could advise me of where I can obtain the solution that is needed for burnishing brass black for the next task in my build. I have tried Cornwall model boats without joy? Any specific title or brand, much appreciated?? Thank you all once again..Top lads all!!
BigGrin

Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
delboy271155
#307 Posted : 08 July 2020 09:27:21

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Jonny

A possibility is "Krick Brass Blackner"

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

mogwai
#308 Posted : 08 July 2020 17:29:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi stunning build, a pleasure to see your diary.cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
John Passmore
#309 Posted : 09 July 2020 09:59:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Jonno

Congratulations on your selection for July Build of the Month. A very well deserved recognition...BigGrin
Your model is coming along beautifully...Cool

Regards
JohnP
jonny7england
#310 Posted : 10 July 2020 15:02:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there fellow modelers...Thank you good peeps for your ever welcome comments, much appreciated believe me.BigGrin

Just thought that I'd mention this as I am at that stage where I had to tidy up and paint the 60 dead eyes in issue 96, and in doing so, found it a bit awkward dipping them individually in a pot of paint coat them. I came across the idea of attaching two lengths of 25 mm masking tape sticky side facing upward and securing them flat against a scrap piece of wood. I could stick all 60 dead eyes to the masking tape to keep them stationary while I painted them...If this idea has been floated before in these hallowed halls then my apologies

Then it was the wire that needed cutting..Believe me, with my arthritic hands this would be a bit awkward too so I knocked up this little jig, again out of scrap. It is two pieces of wood set 35 mm apart, one piece with a hole drilled in it through which to feed the wire until it touches the opposite piece of wood...The wire could be then be cut at exactly 35 mm in length...

Well, that's it for now shipmates..off to figure out if there is an easy way of wiring the dead eyes..Hope you all stay safe...Take care now and catch yer later...
Cool ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
birdaj2
#311 Posted : 10 July 2020 19:32:58

Good tip there John.

I am 57 now (feeling because when i fill in those online surveys I am 1 box away from the end :-)

Spent years and still am on a computer keyboard in my work and i am beginning to suffer the results of that.

Enjoying your updates and really nice to see you back online as you were in and the start so really nice to see another long termer still updating.

Amazing how the years have past by but good to see we can still look back on those older posts and reflect.

Hope your build continues well.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#312 Posted : 19 July 2020 11:37:04

Hi Jonny, BigGrin

That`s a lot of deadeyes there.Crying

I feel for you with the problem with your hands and wondered if a wire guillotine may be beneficial for you as there is no having to squeeze on cutter handles just press down on a lever. It has an adjustable gauge so you cut exactly the same length every time up to 65mm and you get a square cut end not pointed as with wire cutters.There are five different wire gauge holes. It has a drilled base also, so it can be fitted to a larger base plate or work bench.

I purchased one a while back now and have attached a link for you and a couple of pics of mine.

https://www.proopsbrothe...0-15mm-j1002-1428-p.asp

Hope this may be of help.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
20200719_105357.jpg
20200719_111954.jpg

goddo
#313 Posted : 19 July 2020 12:03:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

That cutter looks a nice piece of kit, Derek.
I have always had problems with getting a straight clean cut on wire and to be able to cut more than one at a time is also a help.
Chris (goddo)