Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages <1234>»
Jonny's Sovereign Options
MWG
#21 Posted : 28 September 2012 18:08:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Jonny Great job this week some good tips for the new membersBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

mark 2
#22 Posted : 28 September 2012 18:22:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Jonny.
Great tip with the sanding sticks BigGrin i will have to make some.
Thanks and best regards.
Mark
claret
#23 Posted : 08 October 2012 13:11:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Jonny,

Sanding sticks!, brilliant but simple, will be knocking a couple of these up.

Regards
Claret
Also working on:
SOTS.
Moebius 1/32 Flying Sub with PE & lights.

Waiting in the wings:
Polarlights Spindrift from Land of the Giants.

finished:
007 Iconic DB5.
tf64
#24 Posted : 08 October 2012 14:03:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Jonny,
Look's like this build will be a good,I can see that you are enjoying this build by your great presentation.Photo's are spot on great stuff Jonny.
Regards Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Gandale
#25 Posted : 11 December 2012 14:56:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Johnny, nice to see you back on the build again... looking good...BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#26 Posted : 11 December 2012 15:10:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I soon took on the task of gluing balsa infill's into the bow section, then left the bow section for a few days to dry.

Then I turned my attention to frames 26 and 27?

That's all from me for a few days...I have some 1" x 1" x 1" blocks to cut before I start adding the frames. I showed where I had filled the bow in with balsa wood, but that is as far as I will go, as I have decided not to use balsa along the length of the false keel, but only where needed? Take care shipmates and catch yer later.

WinkThumpUp
jonny7england attached the following image(s):
post 27-1.JPG
Transit Pic 42.jpg
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Hans
#27 Posted : 11 December 2012 15:31:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful build there Jonny. Great tip with the sanding sticks works like dream. I used some old 6mm mdf strips of varing sizes and they work well. Keep it up.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Gaz
#28 Posted : 11 December 2012 17:18:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good Jonny. Keep up the good start and the pics rolling inBigGrin
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
der Gohfelder
#29 Posted : 11 December 2012 19:59:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A nice start of a new project, go on this way!

Regards, Bernd
jonny7england
#30 Posted : 25 April 2013 20:20:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there shipmates...Its been literally ages since I last posted anything on my Sovereign build, I have been collecting all the issues and that's about all!! Now that I am just getting back into modelling...Its a case of catch up! I have been following most of the Sovereign builds on here and all very, very impressive, and covering so many interesting tips too! So. I'm going to continue my build posting just the basic pictures..leaving the build tips to those more knowledgeable than I! I have been concentrating on the false keel and ribs and knowing that most of you had long done and dusted this part so far? I thought that I best show what I have done these past few days...Not much but I'm slowly getting back into the rhythm of things...
Blink Blink

Transit Pic 2.jpg
Transit Pic 3.jpg
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Gandale
#31 Posted : 25 April 2013 20:49:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Jonny, great to see you back on the SOTS build, been missing your updates... Cool .. Looking good there, look forward to seeing your progress.... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
Hans
#32 Posted : 29 April 2013 09:34:16

As usual and expected of you, some good work done there Jonny, well done. Glad to see you are back in full swing.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Martyn Ingram
#33 Posted : 29 April 2013 09:57:33

BigGrin Nice to see you back love the work . Rgd Martyn ThumpUp
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
jonny7england
#34 Posted : 30 April 2013 16:17:02

And so, the build continues again and I will try to make regular reports as I go along? When many of us were at this stage with our Victory builds, we were all talking about having an in between build while we awaited the Victory parts to come out? Strange that the Victory has become the in between build and the Sovereign takes Centre stage???

Transit Pic 4.jpg
Transit Pic 38.jpg
Transit Pic 6.jpg
Transit Pic 29.jpg
Transit Pic 33.jpg
Transit Pic 31.jpg
Transit Pic 10.jpg
Transit Pic 11.jpg
Gandale
#35 Posted : 30 April 2013 16:26:36

Think those gremlins know to keep clear of your work Johnny, they know you are unbeatable.... LOL LOL .. Looking good and coming along very nicely.... BigGrin BigGrin

Best regards

Alan
jonny7england
#36 Posted : 03 September 2013 15:29:37

Afternoon shipmates....I'm Baaaack!! (said he in a deep Schwarzenegger tone of voice) He he he. Not exactly been posting as much of late, (my appologies) but I have been observing many of the splendid builds that have been shown on this illustrious forum..I kind of like being well behind everybody else with my builds, I can plot my way around any problems that have been raised by various members? I have been fiddling around with my builds. both Vic and Sov and here is an update in pictures of my sots..not much advancement on my last post but getting there..lol.

Snipped Deck 3.JPG
Snipped Deck 4.JPG
Snipped Deck 5.JPG
Snipped Deck 6.JPG
Snipped Deck 7.JPG
Snipped Deck 8.JPG
Snipped Deck 9.JPG
Snipped Deck 10.JPG
Second Deck snip 1.JPG
tf64
#37 Posted : 03 September 2013 16:10:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Jonny,
Good to hear from you,your build is coming on a treat looking good,you say you like to be behind on most builds but your Victory build is in front of mine,so I need to get a move on.
All the best
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

jonny7england
#38 Posted : 03 September 2013 16:52:17

Thanks Trev...much appreciated...BigGrin
Marcel
#39 Posted : 03 September 2013 17:10:56

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin
Looks neat

I had a loose fit on rib 13a an 13b. This is a factory fault and needs to be exhange. I discovered it too late.

You can also use extra planks (Scrap plywood) to glue over the rib joints. If you cut it to the rib profile, it adds to the seating of the planks, espescially where you had to share half of the rib for joint planking. Something I wished I had done when I started my build.

Happy sailing
Marcel

"Rather try and fail than had failed to try".

Sovereign of the Seas

Model Space forum: Marcel's build
Marcel
#40 Posted : 03 September 2013 17:15:11

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I noticed you are using solid pine for your keel jig. Pine distort over time leaving you with mis alignment of parts.Glare Rather use superwood, its worth the trip to the shop.Laugh

"Rather try and fail than had failed to try".

Sovereign of the Seas

Model Space forum: Marcel's build