Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

27 Pages <1234>»
Garth's Build Options
pierre50
#21 Posted : 23 May 2013 19:34:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Looking very good, nice and clean build mate!
Current Buid:
HMS Victory
Next Build:
Captain Cook's Endeavour Collecting issues
Wish List:
Santa Ana
Bounty
Santisima-Trinidad
Garth
#22 Posted : 11 June 2013 08:57:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the positive comments.

Regards,

Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
jase
#23 Posted : 11 June 2013 13:28:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A Great looking build.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Garth
#24 Posted : 12 June 2013 07:04:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Thank you kindly Jase

Regards,

Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Garth
#25 Posted : 18 June 2013 13:02:48

Chainwales installed.
Garth attached the following image(s):
DSC_0726_B.jpg
DSC_0726_1.jpg
DSC_0724_1.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#26 Posted : 18 June 2013 13:12:40

Around issue 30, I decided to sort the larger pieces of off-cuts into old part bags. This has proved to be an excellent source of material, especially with Victory Section and SOTS on the shelf!!!

Hope this helps.
DSC_0723_1.jpg
DSC_0723_B.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#27 Posted : 18 June 2013 13:21:27

...and more useless information (Hope not)

Having pinned the entire hull using a pair of long nose pliers, and bending countless pins in the process, I was concerned that while pinning the chainwales the pins will rotate in the pliers jaws and mark the finished hull.
I finally thought of doing this modification to my long nose.
I cut a slot into both jaws of an "old" long nose pliers to accommodate the pin head, and filed a grove down the middle. No more twisting/rotating pins - wish I had thought of this earlier!!!

A little late I know, but hope it helps.
DSC_0732_1.jpg
DSC_0733_1.jpg
DSC_0734_1.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Hans
#28 Posted : 18 June 2013 13:36:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Garth
Check this site out. the third one down is called an Artesania Nailer.
These are readily available at most hobby shops. It saves you a lot of grief and bent pins. it help with keeping the pin straight and in line.

http://www.cornwallmodel...ammers_pin_pushers.html

Well done and good looking build you have there.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Garth
#29 Posted : 18 June 2013 15:39:42

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the advice.

Kind regards,

Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#30 Posted : 27 September 2013 07:17:31

Bowsprit complete!!!
DSC_0891_1.jpg
DSC_0892_1.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
z8000783
#31 Posted : 27 September 2013 07:19:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Although I'm painting mine (fear mostly) I do love seeing these. Well done.
Garth
#32 Posted : 27 September 2013 07:29:42

Starting to assemble the Gallery. I decided to go the contact glue rout. (I just hate cyno)It seems to have adhered to both the timber and acetate. (And in my case, the acetate sandwiched between the timber and the styrene mullions)
I actually completed this job around two months ago - and all is remains stuck!!! I was concerned that the various materials would de-laminate.
DSC_0894_1.jpg
DSC_0896_1.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#33 Posted : 27 September 2013 07:34:18

Hi John,

Thank you kindly.

Regards,

Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
arpurchase
#34 Posted : 27 September 2013 21:06:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking sweet GarthCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stevie_o
#35 Posted : 27 September 2013 21:15:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This is very nice, Id love to try a natural looking build one dayBigGrin Are those 12pdr guns on the poop deck in any reference material, I didnt know they used guns on that deck?, let me know where you saw it - i might put some there too as I have spares.
Steve
Gandale
#36 Posted : 27 September 2013 23:39:38

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

A build to be proud of Garth, she looks superb....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Garth
#37 Posted : 28 September 2013 10:25:47

Hi all,
Once again, thanks for all the kind words.
Sorry Steve, the 12 pounders on the Poop are not referenced. I just assembled some spare ones and they are floating around the decks. They will be removed later.
Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Hans
#38 Posted : 29 September 2013 17:38:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful build there Garth. Nice neat and clean. Well done. Looking great.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Garth
#39 Posted : 26 October 2013 18:10:23

Thank you Hans.
Been working on the gallery for 3 months now - almost done!!! Will upload some pix when I'm done.
Regards
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Hans
#40 Posted : 04 November 2013 10:42:06

Never fear Garth, the rigging takes forever, many many hours but well worth it Enjoy
Rgds, Hans
Current Build: