Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

27 Pages «<2223242526>»
Garth's Build Options
NikonD60
#461 Posted : 07 June 2017 01:30:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi Garth,

Pleased you're making progress with the boats, they are looking good despite your reluctance.

Nice looking tools you've got there, bet you wish you had them years ago.

Keep up the good work.

Alan.
Today is the tomorrow you wished for yesterday!
Garth
#462 Posted : 07 June 2017 05:43:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Guys,
Thanks for looking in and again for the kind words.
Regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Garth
#463 Posted : 13 June 2017 07:02:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi All,
Well, that’s it more or less for the small boats. The Launch still must get the ores, Barrel and Bucket. I must admit that I did not enjoy building them very much and unfortunately it shows. Blushing Blushing
There are far better examples on other builds.
Never the less, that wraps up Issue 109 (6.5 hours), Issue 115 (3.5 hours) and Issue 117(3.5 hours)

If anybody is interested, I have a comprehensive time sheet documenting the entire build. At the end of my build I am willing to share it. It is an Excel document, but I am uncertain how to upload it.

Kind regards,
Garth
Garth attached the following image(s):
DSC_3942_02.jpg
DSC_3943_02.jpg
DSC_3945_02.jpg
DSC_3960_02.jpg
DSC_3961_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Foz
#464 Posted : 13 June 2017 07:33:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

They look great Garth, hope when i get that far mine are as good.

Keep up the great work and look forward to your progress.

Regards

FozBigGrin
DaDokta
#465 Posted : 13 June 2017 10:29:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

In my opinion the boats look great. Only thing i don`t like that much are the metal parts on the inside - but that´s obviously not your fault!

It´s a pity i did not write down the time i spent on my model - had that idea much too late. Would be interesting!

Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Spal
#466 Posted : 13 June 2017 12:43:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Have to say I think they look great Garth,nice work.

Al
Markwarren
#467 Posted : 13 June 2017 13:17:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

They look great Garth, nice work.

Mark
Garth
#468 Posted : 13 June 2017 14:42:36

Hi Guys.

Thanks for looking in and for the kind words.

Yes, Walter, you are absolutely right, the grating just doesn't seem to work.
My original plan regarding finishes with this model was to showcase the materials; woods stained various colours offset by the brass fittings and a bit of colour here and there.
I think I will try to knock back the brass using a dark wash. (I might give the shield and figure head the same treatment)
Thanks Walter I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
NikonD60
#469 Posted : 18 June 2017 09:40:24

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Garth,

Despite your misgivings you did a good job. At least it's behind you now.

When I uploaded the pdf for the copper tiling, I used my dropbox and just posted the link. Might not be the best way but it worked.

Alan
Today is the tomorrow you wished for yesterday!
ian smith
#470 Posted : 20 June 2017 11:37:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Garth.
Ships boats look fantastic. well done. Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Garth
#471 Posted : 21 June 2017 06:36:49

Hi Alan and Ian,
Thanks for looking in and for the kind words. Thanks Alan for the tip on Dropbox.
Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
z8000783
#472 Posted : 21 June 2017 06:53:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Nice work on the boats, Garth.

If you want to email me doc, I will put it up with my pics and spreadsheet and index, if you want.
Garth
#473 Posted : 21 June 2017 13:43:43

Hi John,
Thanks for looking in and for your offer.
Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#474 Posted : 11 July 2017 15:20:56

Hi All,

Just a small update today. Thanks to Alan and Martyn for your advice on the flags. I much prefer them like this, they look more realistic.

http://forum.model-space...sts&t=6314&p=27

I fitted the flags to their threads and mixed a 50/50 solution of white glue and water. I gently folded the flags in an attempt to make their appearance more realistic. Once done, I painted them with the white glue solution and used some hair clips to help maintain their shape. Some look better than others. But, once they are flying they should look the part.

I applied the decals and NO, NO NOCursing Cursing Cursing , when I looked again it had fallen off!!! I will have to sort this out later.

On a happier note, I fitted the small boats. I left the rudders on the Barge, Pinnace & cutter. I now this is incorrect, as they would have been stowed safely, but I think they look nice.

Kind regards,
Garth
Garth attached the following image(s):
DSC_3965_02.jpg
DSC_3966_02.jpg
DSC_3967_02.jpg
DSC_3968_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
DaDokta
#475 Posted : 12 July 2017 08:13:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The flags and boats look great! I hope you can sort out the problem with the decal!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
ian smith
#476 Posted : 12 July 2017 11:28:12

Looking fantastic Garth. the flags look great.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Spal
#477 Posted : 12 July 2017 12:12:01

Great work on the flags BigGrin

Al
Garth
#478 Posted : 12 July 2017 14:58:52

Hi Guys,
Thanks for looking in and for the kind words.
Regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
pemberg
#479 Posted : 12 July 2017 20:36:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really nice work Garth, the flags look great as do the ships boats.

Graeme
Martyn Ingram
#480 Posted : 12 July 2017 20:38:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Glad to be of help Garth those flags look brilliant Drool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe