Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Rob T's Sovereign Of The Seas - First build Options
NMBROOK
#21 Posted : 29 June 2013 22:45:31

Groups:

Nice work RobBigGrin BigGrin .You have done better than me,I didn't start taking pics until I had done the plankingLOL
Kind Regards Nigel
Martyn Ingram
#22 Posted : 30 June 2013 08:35:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Looking good Rob . You are getting to the good bits now BigGrin Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arpurchase
#23 Posted : 30 June 2013 09:24:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice work RobDrool , now the fun starts where you think 'il have this done easy'LOL and your still at it days laterBlink
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stujue
#24 Posted : 30 June 2013 18:54:35

looking good rob. keep the pictures coming

Cheers stuBigGrin BigGrin
Cheers Stu
RobT
#25 Posted : 01 July 2013 16:01:47

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I sanded one half yesterday. I needed a fair bit of filler, and although it doesn't look as clean as others on here. It is now baby bottom smooth, which I suppose is all that matters with a first planking.

Other side to be sanded then I have to do the lines. Tbh, although drawing lines sounds easy, I'm quite worried about that part. I've never been good at things like that.

I've got to leave it a couple of days anyway. I had a stupid moment where I removed my mask, forgot to put it back on and proceeded to use the power sander on wood and filler. In a bad way today with runny nose, irritated nose and throat and cough. Will have to recover and not be so stupid next time.
stujue
#26 Posted : 01 July 2013 17:28:05

Hi Rob
If it helps, i used a piece of 1mmx3mm that was spare from the launch internals. This flexed round the shape of the hull nicely so i could put the frame lines on, a bit of difficulty round the fwd end where the hull rolls away both ways but managed ok. I then used the same piece and marked on all the heights for the top edge then used it as a batton to transfer the heights onto the hull. The gun ports are the hardest to get right and i ended up pinning a piece of spare bamboo along the length of the hull and used a template to draw round the gun ports. as a tip remember to make sure the sides of the ports are parallel to the hull ribs. There are a couple of pics on my build diary Cool Cool

keep the pictures coming

BigGrin BigGrin
Cheers Stu