Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages <1234>»
AK's Sovereign Build Options
Gandale
#21 Posted : 02 June 2013 15:22:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking superb Andy, glad to see I'm not the only one to be a little heavy handed, same thing happened to me on one side, the section between the hatch and port gave way... reinforced the other side before I started sanding... Blushing Blushing .. It may just be the angle of the photo but your hatch looks a little wide, if memory serves I think the measurement was 18 wide by 20 high.... I may be wrong though.. Cool Cool .. Excellent work... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
court orchard
#22 Posted : 02 June 2013 15:47:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Gandale wrote:
Looking superb Andy, glad to see I'm not the only one to be a little heavy handed, same thing happened to me on one side, the section between the hatch and port gave way... reinforced the other side before I started sanding... Blushing Blushing .. It may just be the angle of the photo but your hatch looks a little wide, if memory serves I think the measurement was 18 wide by 20 high.... I may be wrong though.. Cool Cool .. Excellent work... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

OhMyGod OhMyGod Scared No, I've just checked 18 x 20mm Wink Wink ThumpUp

Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
KobusBeukes
#23 Posted : 02 June 2013 17:47:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Andy

The ports look excellent!

Regards
Kobus

Current Build
HMS Sovereign of the Seas - First Build
RobT
#24 Posted : 02 June 2013 20:00:50

Andy,

Great job, looks mint.

I really need one of those tools. Do you have any idea where I can get one in the UK please?
Gandale
#25 Posted : 02 June 2013 22:07:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

court orchard wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Regards

Alan

Hi Andy, sorry to have worried you Blushing Blushing Blushing .. Knew you would do it correctly, photo's can be decepetive sometimes.... BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#26 Posted : 02 June 2013 22:39:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

wish my gun ports looked that clean when i finished! lovely work andy BigGrin BigGrin
Processing - Progressing

Previous builds: HMS Victory
Current build: HMS Sovereign of the seas
court orchard
#27 Posted : 02 June 2013 23:01:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale wrote:
court orchard wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Regards

Alan

Hi Andy, sorry to have worried you Blushing Blushing Blushing .. Knew you would do it correctly, photo's can be decepetive sometimes.... BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

No probs, Alan. I wasn't too worried, but I did check, I've been known to make daft mistakesBlushing.
The Camera has a 24mm Wide Angle Lens and it does distort things.
Andy

Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
court orchard
#28 Posted : 02 June 2013 23:04:45

RobT wrote:
Andy,

Great job, looks mint.

I really need one of those tools. Do you have any idea where I can get one in the UK please?

Thanks Rob.
Here you go
http://www.shesto.co.uk/Power-T...ools/c232_255/index.html

Andy

court orchard
#29 Posted : 02 June 2013 23:06:52

Admiral Anti Spiral wrote:
wish my gun ports looked that clean when i finished! lovely work andy BigGrin BigGrin

Thanks Admiral, onto the second planking now.
Andy

NMBROOK
#30 Posted : 02 June 2013 23:14:09

Groups:

Very neat and tidy work AndyBigGrin I bet your itchin to start the second planking now.Thanks for the link,had a quick look,they do lots of things of interest.I feel my debit card is cowering in the cornerLOL LOL LOL
Kind Regards Nigel
RobT
#31 Posted : 02 June 2013 23:38:26

court orchard wrote:
RobT wrote:
Andy,

Great job, looks mint.

Thanks Rob.
Here you go

Thanks mate,

Reassuringly expensive. Hopefully that means they are the business. I can think of many, many times when this will come in very useful, so I will order one.

Do you have to buy a transformer as well? That makes it come to £100.
court orchard
#32 Posted : 02 June 2013 23:46:16

RobT wrote:
court orchard wrote:
RobT wrote:
Andy,

Great job, looks mint.

Thanks Rob.
Here you go

Thanks mate,

Reassuringly expensive. Hopefully that means they are the business. I can think of many, many times when this will come in very useful, so I will order one.

Don't forget that you'll need a 12V Power Supply, the Minitools ones are expensive I use a Proxxon one, it has the same sockets and the variable one is about £20.
Andy

court orchard
#33 Posted : 05 June 2013 13:11:18

This is the Sapele Planking just about complete for my build, that's if my plans do not go awry ('the best laid schemes of Mice and Men').
I now need to wait for Issue 39 for some dims., hopefully only about a week to go.
The area of bare wood in the front port is where I have removed the reinforcing for the broken rib and is waiting to be touched up with black paint.

Andy

NMBROOK
#34 Posted : 05 June 2013 18:32:15

Groups:

Lovely work AndyBigGrin I guess you are waiting to find out where to start with the black boxwood.
Kind Regards Nigel
court orchard
#35 Posted : 05 June 2013 21:05:15

NMBROOK wrote:
Lovely work AndyBigGrin I guess you are waiting to find out where to start with the black boxwood.
Kind Regards Nigel

Spot on, NigelBigGrin
Andy

der Gohfelder
#36 Posted : 05 June 2013 21:40:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy!
A nice work, well done!

Regards, Bernd
Gandale
#37 Posted : 05 June 2013 22:17:10

Looking spot on Andy, credit to you..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#38 Posted : 06 June 2013 08:04:52

BigGrin Looking spot on Andy BigGrin Rgg Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Admiral Anti Spiral
#39 Posted : 06 June 2013 23:39:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Coming along nicely Andy BigGrin keep it up BigGrin
Processing - Progressing

Previous builds: HMS Victory
Current build: HMS Sovereign of the seas
court orchard
#40 Posted : 11 June 2013 15:22:40

der Gohfelder wrote:
Hi Andy!
A nice work, well done!

Regards, Bernd

Many thanks, Bernd.
Andy