Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages 123>»
What's your Workspace or Workshop like? Options
malcolm g smith
#1 Posted : 02 April 2010 16:20:09

Groups: Registered

Just completed organizeing my work station in the bedroom,ie table,my model railway tools,all ready for when i get parts 3/4,Then i will start H M S Victory
jonny7england
#2 Posted : 02 April 2010 20:22:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there mate, sounds like you are doing that same as me, get more peace in the bedroom, I will be waiting for issues three and four before I get stuck into HMS Victory, also gives me a chance to get my modelling tools together that had been lying dormant in the shed these past six months since I was working on the Cutty Sark, still got some work to do on that? Oh well, good luck on you model, take care now.BigGrin
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
krisdevalnor
#3 Posted : 02 April 2010 20:44:20

My station will be in a spare bedroom, which is like quest room/office. There is a small computer desk, but should be big enough for work on Victory. The place for the model in between building sessions, most probably, will be on the top of the shelf. There might not be enough space for the masts, however. We shall see what to do then. I will buy tools as and when.
jonny7england
#4 Posted : 02 April 2010 20:59:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I know what you mean krisdevalnor, I have got my work area close to my PC which will be handy for me should I need to do some research or keep in touch with this web page as some of the lads on here seem to have some pretty handy tips and advice, I hope that all goes well with you on your construction, take care now and happy modelling
BigGrin
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
tomo29
#5 Posted : 02 April 2010 21:22:57

my work place will be my room at camp and im going to wait till till i hav issue 3 and 4 before i start the keel but im going to make the gun and the anchor so i can see how they plan out and i hope my paints be here 2moro so i can paint mt spair gun and see how the both look painted and not painted will try and put up pics of them both
jase
#6 Posted : 02 April 2010 23:36:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

my space will be the dinning room table but i have a set of three draws in there full of all my tools and paint so once the kids are in bed i can play!!
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
EricT
#7 Posted : 03 April 2010 00:46:24

New to this, so made sure I have the spare room all to myself. PC, desk, tools and peace and quite. Lets hope it pays of. Best room in the house.
ArtfulBodger
#8 Posted : 03 April 2010 09:44:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I've been drafted onto HMS Boxwood(better known as the shed)you'll find me somewhere between the lawnmower and the seed potatoes deep down in the bowls of the ship.
ArtfulBodger

Previous Build:
HMS. Bounty
jonny7england
#9 Posted : 03 April 2010 12:28:16

Morning shipmates, does anybody know what colours this particular build of HMS Victory has? I have not got round to acquiring the paints as yet, and I want to get everything shipshape before I start, and considering that there is some painting from the word go on this construction which makes it all the more interesting, I want to be sure that I have literally everything at hand? Then I can shut myself away in the bedroom batten down the hatches, haul up the gangplank away from all the family confident that I need not re-appear until the necessary work has been done?Laugh
Horatio's Eyepatch
#10 Posted : 03 April 2010 13:00:36

jonny7england wrote:
Morning shipmates, does anybody know what colours this particular build of HMS Victory has? I have not got round to acquiring the paints as yet, and I want to get everything shipshape before I start, and considering that there is some painting from the word go on this construction which makes it all the more interesting, I want to be sure that I have literally everything at hand? Then I can shut myself away in the bedroom batten down the hatches, haul up the gangplank away from all the family confident that I need not re-appear until the necessary work has been done?Laugh

Shipwrights.com has a Victory paint pack for about £25. DeAgostini reckons there will be a paint kit option to acquire and details will be posted in the thread on this forum but no timescale yet...
jonny7england
#11 Posted : 03 April 2010 15:51:31

Hi Horatio's Eyepatch, thank you very much for the information, I shall check it out as soon as I can. I looked at the DeAgostini shop but could not see anything related to HMS Victory regarding paints, and seeing that we will be painting so early in the build, I would have thought that there would be something available in the decor field. Thanks again mate. John..BigGrin
Mike Turpin
#12 Posted : 03 April 2010 16:35:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

jonny7england wrote:

There is already a lot of information on the forum about colours.

Earlier Post

Have a look at item #7:

This is the official advice from the HMS Victory Site for model makers:
tomo29
#13 Posted : 03 April 2010 18:59:15

U could try cornwallmodel.com thats were i got my paints from and u get the full set for the victory cos they got ones for each ship u need and they cost £23 it says £27 but u get 10% off
malcolm g smith
#14 Posted : 03 April 2010 22:36:12

The best model paints ive found are at www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk
Lonestar Spirit
#15 Posted : 04 April 2010 10:44:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I have been shopping with www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk for a few years and they have never let me down yet.
Ship Builds on the go

Yamato - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
AKAGI - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
RMS Titanic Lifeboat (Kind Gift from DeAgostini Crew)
Zeptrader
#16 Posted : 04 April 2010 19:10:58

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

heres mine:)

dtgray
#17 Posted : 04 April 2010 19:32:20

You've done a great job there over the last few days Colin, I'm jealous at how well organised it looks BigGrin If I had to build a workstation from scratch like that I'd still be building it after the magazine subscription finished LOL
Regards,

David

jay7792
#18 Posted : 05 April 2010 09:41:31

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hello, I love your new modeling area, you have done an amazing job there.BigGrin

Currently building:-

Deagostini HMS Victory

Amati Black Pearl

Mamoli HMS Victory 1:90 Scale

Caldercraft HMS Victory 1:72
Mike Turpin
#19 Posted : 05 April 2010 11:57:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

Hi Cliff

It looks frightenly well organised, I have just looked at my workspace where I am putting Halifax together and feel positively ashamed!!Crying

I like the idea of the foam(?) blocks to hold the tools. I'm sure I just thrown out a lot of that when I was told tidy the garage!!

Which reminds me, did you ever ask the wife about black and yellow ochre for the external sides of your new domain??

Mike T
Zeptrader
#20 Posted : 05 April 2010 13:07:36

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Yeah Mike, I did, she gave me that 'how old are you look' LOL