Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages «<45678>»
What's your Workspace or Workshop like? Options
tf64
#101 Posted : 06 November 2013 08:17:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Wilfy,
I bet you know were everything is.
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

jase
#102 Posted : 06 November 2013 08:20:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

tf64 wrote:
Hi Jase,
Very tidy indeed got to keep'em happy.
Trev

Indeed Trev. and it works for a day or so LOL LOL LOL
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
magpie1832
#103 Posted : 21 November 2013 11:08:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi guys ,
Just tidied my desk area up. Was a bit messy with dust and shavings etc. Here are the results to my clean.....
Chris.

magpie1832 attached the following image(s):
68329d3c6b4b8261ab6b653e5ac82a67_zpsaba0a6c4 2.jpg
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

arpurchase
#104 Posted : 21 November 2013 11:55:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Cris
I see the bars openDrool LOL Drool LOL Blink Love LOL Drool Drool
nice area to work in
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Foz
#105 Posted : 21 November 2013 14:17:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice area Chris, love the JD in the shot.

Regards

Foz Drool ThumpUp Drool ThumpUp
jase
#106 Posted : 21 November 2013 14:19:58

Make mine a Bailys Chris thanks BigGrin
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gibbo
#107 Posted : 04 June 2014 23:29:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

You boys have got some serious tools, i see Karl makes a space to keep his beer on {good man}, mine is the dining room table inbetween meals and my stuff is crammed against the fireplace at the moment, my wife paints so she has nabbed the spare room and like some of you one of my daughters has moved back home for a year and i have a lodger, so thats me stuffed for a while, so here it is.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
20140604_221917.jpg
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
davetwin
#108 Posted : 12 July 2014 00:41:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thought I would add to this, purchased and moved into house last september and garage had some kitchen units in which have proved perfect for me BigGrin

Cupboards contain car detailing items including micro fibres, wax applicators, Dual Action polisher etc... Nail technicians magnifying lamp which has proved invaluable with all the small PE on Yamato, and a bargain at £25

General man tools in these cupboards and my main work area, I open the cupboards and can then get my legs in under the worktop when I pull my chair forward, the chair is a mediquip type thing that was liberated from SWMBO's dad house when he sadly passed away, he used it for sitting at the kitchen sink.

General storage for things currently being used

Pantry Cabinet with reference materials, instructions, stash, tools, and storage for trinny issues until I start building her.

Rest of garage, shelves on the left with more car detailing supplies such as waxes, sealants etc.., big box on right still has some garden chairs waiting to be assembled and behind that wood for fire. Can also see my Pure Evoke DAB radio at a funny angle on the right, this is so it can pick up the wireless to stream internet radio Wink, its a bit sad but I am generally listening to 181.FM Kickin Country while I am modelling BigGrin

delboy271155
#109 Posted : 21 July 2014 18:24:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

HI All, BigGrin

Made a start on the new man cave today.

Number 2 son chipped in with some help, but still a way to go.

Got the first half of the racking in place and work table sighted where I want it (best light etc,etc.)

Placed two fish tanks in place, (more on that at a later stage).

Home brew barrels, lurking in the background. Hee Hee Cool

So, pics of bits done so far:

Racking:

Work Desk:

Yep, the work table is still a mess, but things are moving around to resolve the final result.

So, next is get rid of stuff not needed, then sort tanks/fish, followed up by three more available sets of racking and do the final set-up.

As you can see loads more work to do, but will get there what ever Love

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
a.jpg
b.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Metal Mech
#110 Posted : 23 July 2015 05:08:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

My workstation is a mess right now. It started out as a Man Cave/Gameroom/hobby room. It soon got cluttered as my hobbys and suck started to pile up due to lack of time for other house hold project, and lack of area to display said projects.

The current plan to so move my workspace down into a corner in the basement. The basement is a cluster mess as well because that's kinda where we just dumped everything that didn't have a spot when we moved in. So now I am working on organizing and thinning out the mess down in the basement. Eventually there will be 4 sections. Laundry room, general storage, freezer/bulk food storage, and hobby workstation.

Once that is done the current work station/man cave area will be turned into a man cave/library.

First three photos is what my area looks like now. Fourth photo is the current condition of my future workstation. The corner desk in the first photos will be my computer desk/work table. The computer desk in the first photos will be converted into a photo booth.

I will probably post updated photos as I make progress, but I still need to get some other areas in the house finished before I can really start.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
CanadianJedi
#111 Posted : 23 July 2015 15:29:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I've gotten bounce around a bit trying to figure out where to find this thread, but now that I'm in the right place, here is my workspace. We moved last year into an old farmhouse that was built in 1892. It took me a bit of time to decide where my table would go, but this is where it has ended up. A corner (albeit a large corner) in the basement. As I pull all of my stuff out of boxes, it will definitely get more cluttered.
CanadianJedi attached the following image(s):
IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG
davetwin
#112 Posted : 23 July 2015 21:48:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice big tables Jedi Cool

Here is my most up to date setup, I like to dry and keep it nice and tidy

Tomick
#113 Posted : 15 November 2015 13:12:12

Groups:

delboy271155
#114 Posted : 11 March 2016 17:23:43

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Well this is the start.Blink

The idea is "Plan the build and then build the plan", we`ll see as it goes on.Flapper

Long time in coming is the rebuild of my "Mancave".

Cleared far end of room and fitted a 280cm work surface.

On the left is a fish tank stand I made. This is being changed into a base for the big building boards and top shelf for holding point of big builds.

Still very much work in progress but will update as things progress.Blushing Blushing Blushing

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
IMG_6025.JPG

magpie1832
#115 Posted : 11 March 2016 20:27:23

Thought I'd share my work bench in my bedroom.
Chris
magpie1832 attached the following image(s):
20160311_185620_zpsikqvkeqg.jpg
20160311_185645_zpscodwa5tj.jpg
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

delboy271155
#116 Posted : 11 March 2016 21:27:29

Good job. Cool

I recognize that. LOL Love LOL Love LOL

We all know it don`t stay tidy, but sometimes we don`t realize just "how messy it`s got".

Question is this:

Do you let SWMBO aka the "Tidier/cleaner" in to do what we obviously never keep on top of!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

In my case "No", she won`t even go through the door.

Quote: Mad "Not my problem" Mad

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

davetwin
#117 Posted : 11 March 2016 22:21:43

Nice work spaces BigGrin , sadly mine is full of boxes and furniture awaiting the ex to move out, it's been dragging on a bit as there was a problem with probate further up her chain and I won't kick her out because of her daughter, damn I'm too nice. Not long now
Nemesis
#118 Posted : 12 March 2016 14:25:09

delboy271155 wrote:
Good job. Cool

We all know it don`t stay tidy, but sometimes we don`t realize just "how messy it`s got".

Question is this:

Do you let SWMBO aka the "Tidier/cleaner" in to do what we obviously never keep on top of!!!

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

She wont go near it on the grounds something may bite her!!LOL LOL LOL
delboy271155
#119 Posted : 12 March 2016 17:05:20

Nemesis wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
Good job. Cool

Question is this:

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

She wont go near it on the grounds something may bite her!!LOL LOL LOL

Could put a whole new meaning to being bitten by a "Tiger"

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

arpurchase
#120 Posted : 05 November 2016 19:07:41

BigGrin Hi All

This is my new build room I have enough space for building maybe 2/3 models so im spoiling myself.LOL LOL The overhead lights are photographic studio lights mounted on wall brackets, I find these give excellent light when building. the cuboard in the corner has the stash in itDrool Drool Drool .

I have another room being set up for spraying and doing vids will post that room in due course.

AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
PB050326.JPG
PB050327.JPG
PB050328.JPG
PB050329.JPG
PB050330.JPG
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .