Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

162 Pages «<158159160161162>
My first ever build - SOTS Options
Gandale
#3181 Posted : 26 June 2016 13:08:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

jase wrote:
It's been a while since I looked in on this, it's looking great. Feels like the final stright now should come together quickly

Jase

Thanks Jase appreciated. Final straight is a long one, still lots to do before this one is finished. Still, onwards and upwards as they say..

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#3182 Posted : 26 June 2016 14:21:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Wow Alan!!

I must admit I hadn't realised that you hadn't finished this yet and seeing these latest pictures just reminds me of the amazing job you've done so far with this and how much I really enjoyed following your build.

Would you say that the rigging is the most fiddly part of these builds?
ian smith
#3183 Posted : 26 June 2016 15:30:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Alan.
your stays look fantastic. really great looking build, glad to see some more progress.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
nightwisher
#3184 Posted : 27 June 2016 19:32:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good to see you back on this again, can't believe it's almost four years since I started following your diary.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Garth
#3185 Posted : 22 July 2016 09:25:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Alan,

Been a while since I looked in. Glad to see you back on your build.
I'm always inspired by the work that you produce, simply awesome!!!

Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Gibbo
#3186 Posted : 22 July 2016 15:14:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Alan
it just gets better and better everytime i look in.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
delboy271155
#3187 Posted : 22 July 2016 19:24:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That looks very tidy.

Well Done.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Nemesis
#3188 Posted : 22 July 2016 19:45:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow, that is just stunning, brilliant build Alan!
Spal
#3189 Posted : 22 July 2016 22:21:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fabulous looking build Alan.

Al
scraperjawa
#3190 Posted : 01 August 2016 05:57:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing build there, Alan. I've just started collecting this kit and will definitely be looking at you build for inspiration. I will post a build diary when I actually start building it. The Millenium Falcon is taking up most of my time and workspace at the moment.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

Martyn Ingram
#3191 Posted : 01 August 2016 07:40:22

Well done on getting the SotS if you follow Alan's build you won't go far wrong as its the best build diarie out there

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#3192 Posted : 01 August 2016 22:54:02

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Thanks everyone for those really kind comments, always appreciated...

@Stephen, really great news to hear you've bought into this one. She's a challenge and I'm sure you're going to love every minute of putting her together. When you get started I'll be here should you require any advice or assistance, all you have to do is ask. If I don't know the answers then there is a mass of experienced builders on this forum who will also offer help I'm sure... Look forward to seeing getting started and I'll be following your progress all the way... Good luck...

Regards

Alan
scraperjawa
#3193 Posted : 02 August 2016 06:11:56

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Alan,

I'm very excited about this build. It was a long debate between this and the Victory. I think I was just attracted to the ornate details on the ship. I went ahead and order a bunch of balsa wood for in-filling the hull. I think that is the way to go, especially for a beginner to planking. Also, ordered an electric plank bender. Looks like the best way to go about shaping the planks. I'm looking into a small wood plainer as well. Hopefully, living in Southern California will help keep the warped wood issues to a minimum. The arid environment should be perfect for this kind modeling. I'm sure I will have many questions once I get started. For now, I will keep reading through these amazing build diaries and collecting supplies for the build.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

darbyvet
#3194 Posted : 02 August 2016 14:25:04

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I have the SOS .It is a very high quality kit and the instructions are great.

Carl

tigerace
#3195 Posted : 07 August 2016 12:11:26

What a superb model Alan sorry for not looking in sooner. but it`s outstanding work will keep an eye on your next update! regards Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Marcel
#3196 Posted : 30 August 2016 17:11:00

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Following your build of the SOTS inspires me to complete mine. Those rigging scares me a bit with all its detail, but you make it look so easy.

I love your work. Its really neat craftsmanship shown here. Well done
"Rather try and fail than had failed to try".

Sovereign of the Seas

Model Space forum: Marcel's build
Gandale
#3197 Posted : 30 August 2016 22:43:24

tigerace wrote:
What a superb model Alan sorry for not looking in sooner. but it`s outstanding work will keep an eye on your next update! regards Phil

Appreciate the kind comments Phil, am hoping to provide and update in the next couple of days. This kit is going to be displayed in a new home so have been waiting for some answers to come back as to how the sails are to be set.

Thanks again.

Regards

Alan
Gandale
#3198 Posted : 30 August 2016 22:46:44

Marcel wrote:
Following your build of the SOTS inspires me to complete mine. Those rigging scares me a bit with all its detail, but you make it look so easy.

I love your work. Its really neat craftsmanship shown here. Well done

Thanks Marcel, really pleases me to know you find inspiration through my build. The rigging isn't too bad to be honest, it is something you just have to take your time with. Am sure you'll soon get into it and do a great job....

Thanks again.

Regards

Alan

owensephiroth
#3199 Posted : 01 September 2016 21:17:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

It really is coming along fantastically well. If mine looks anything like that when I am as far along as that I'll be very chuffed!
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion...
Current builds - Deagostini Sovereign of the Seas and Millennium Falcon
Gandale
#3200 Posted : 01 September 2016 22:47:23

owensephiroth wrote:
It really is coming along fantastically well. If mine looks anything like that when I am as far along as that I'll be very chuffed!

Thanks for looking in and your kind comments. Am sure if you take your time and follow the instructions then you'll end up with a build you'll be proud of. Look forward to following your progress too..

Regards

Alan