Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Karl's victory cross section build diary. Options
karl1113
#21 Posted : 31 October 2012 00:07:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

thanks Ian and gandale,much appreciated kind remarks will try close up shots soon,when I've worked out how to do it.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
karl1113
#22 Posted : 05 November 2012 14:21:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

have done a bit more,lined the lower gunports,installed the next deck beams,and lined the hull up to the next deck.starting on the stand, having a paint finish.

Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

saintsman123
#23 Posted : 05 November 2012 15:21:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

nice work karlBigGrin
Come on you Jimmies
karl1113
#24 Posted : 05 November 2012 20:06:53

thanks bob,hows the war wound coming on?

karl1113
#25 Posted : 08 November 2012 11:55:20

columns placed,making the hammocks at the mo.

karl1113
#26 Posted : 08 November 2012 11:56:30

DJS
#27 Posted : 08 November 2012 13:54:19

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

As always Karl, looking really good and coming together really well. Really looking forwards to mine arriving.

Dave
saintsman123
#28 Posted : 08 November 2012 15:27:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

karl1113 wrote:
thanks bob,hows the war wound coming on?

i'm back to normal thanks, so will post some pics of my build when i get off my backside and take some photo's.BigGrin
Come on you Jimmies
karl1113
#29 Posted : 08 November 2012 18:05:14

-glad to hear it bob,get movin' mate want see some piccies.thanks djs,

Tomick
#30 Posted : 08 November 2012 19:01:51

Groups:

Karl, your left-hand rear pillar is not in the correct position, see step 10 on page 10.
It needs to be moved so it is 18mm away from the port side bulwark, as the deck support pillars are positioned irregularly beneath the deck beams, as noted in the opening line of "fitting the deck support pillars".

Looks odd I know but apparently is how it should be, unless that is, you prefer a uniform appearance to them., just thought I would mention it.
karl1113
#31 Posted : 08 November 2012 23:14:58

thanks tom will double check.

karl1113
#32 Posted : 18 November 2012 14:44:28

iron knees pumps installed,although pumps only dry fitted at this stage.

just some touching up and a load of chests to make.

Tomick
#33 Posted : 18 November 2012 14:47:47

Groups:

I know you've only dry fitted the chain pump columns, but currently they are upside down
karl1113
#34 Posted : 18 November 2012 16:37:10

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper fooled yer!!!!!!!!awwwwwwwwwwwww they fit easier that way.

Tomick
#35 Posted : 18 November 2012 18:59:00

Groups:

Have another look at the mag images to double check you have the right beams in the right places, because there is something not quite right with one or more of the beams. An odd one or two appear to extend longer or shorter than the same beam at the opposite side where they should be identical in length and a mirror image

saintsman123
#36 Posted : 18 November 2012 19:11:52

its a trickier model than i first thought karl, easy to make a mistake, as i have found outCursing a few times, i managed to get the pump house round the wrong wayCursing
Come on you Jimmies
karl1113
#37 Posted : 18 November 2012 19:16:31

I see what you mean tom,looks like a demolition job.Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Tomick
#38 Posted : 18 November 2012 19:31:18

Groups:

At least its been caught before you decked it and hopefully the offending beams will pop out without too much damage.

Your right Bob, an enthralling build, but not one to build in haste and is one that needs very careful study of the mag steps to double and treble check orientation and reference points.
You want to count yourself lucky that you have ample time to put it together which I don't have
Crying

MWG
#39 Posted : 18 November 2012 21:34:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This is one model does not conform to the norm, as I have said, you have to read the instructions 4 times, measure and check 3 times then fix once.

I have been concentrating on collecting lots of issues, so that I can see whats coming next, it works better for me Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.