Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Rigging period ship models reference book Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 19 October 2012 17:20:40

Groups:

The intracies of rigging of period ship models is arguably the most complex task which any modeller has to take on. The very scale of the work can be daunting.
An 18th century man-of-war boasted mile upon mile of rigging, over 1000 blocks and acres of canvas. To reduce this in scale and yet retain an accurate representation is, indeed, an awesome undertaking.

The author has drawn over 400 detailed diagrams which show clearly how each seperate item of both standing and running rigging is fitted to the masts, yards and sails; belaying plans are included and knots and fastenings are also depicted.

Whether a modelmaker needs to rig a whole ship or just requires information on one aspect, it is all in this book

Rigging Period Ship Models

Author: Lennarth Petersson

ISBN: 9781848321021

Available via eBay/Amazon etc
Tomick attached the following image(s):
Rigging periosd ship models.jpg
saintsman123
#2 Posted : 19 October 2012 19:14:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

tom as this is aimed at modellers, i assume the pictures are better than biddlcombes book.

i had a look on amazon, but this book does not have amazon's look inside feature.
Come on you Jimmies
court orchard
#3 Posted : 19 October 2012 19:33:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi,
I have this book and the pictures/drawings are very clear. But it is a book of diagrams with very few words.
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,