Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
What aircraft would you like to seen ext in this format? Options
jase
#61 Posted : 05 September 2013 21:01:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

snapdragon wrote:
I echo Experten

Come on Deag! 1/16 P-51D in 1/16 scale just like the Zero!

THe company that did the 1/16 zero has done a 1/32 P-51D. They can't comment on a 1/16 version so maybe there is one in the pipeworks but Deag has told them not to say anything, or maybe just the suggestion of a 1/16 version has frightened them!!! Blushing

Then after that..... Hmmm

Hawker Typhoon! Fantastic airframe and the Napier Sabre engine is just a beast and a model in itself!

ME 262 Jet Fighter. lots to build up on that one in 1/16.

These are totally unique kits Deag and I am sure that I echo lots of members on here when I say that we want more!

I am sure that the spitfire will be a good seller, but I believe that the modeller on here wants a challenge as well as the opportunity to learn. These metal airframe/skin etc do this so well. It gives us, the modeller a chance not only to show their skills, but also to learn new skills and an idea on what it is like to build the real thing.

One thing I can say.... you keep on putting these out and I will keep buying!

I think you will be very mistaken if you think the Spitfire will not be a challenging build. its a proper modellers model with lots of techniques involved but engineered in a way that you don't have to be an expert to bring it together. Zero is stunning and i agree more metal frame kits would be of interest but the Spitfire is no less a model - and have you seen the size of it!!!
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
snapdragon
#62 Posted : 06 September 2013 15:15:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have seen the size of the spitfire and I do know that this particular model (Altaya if I am not mistaken) has been on the partwork trail before around Europe.

I have chosen not to build this particular kit because, and this is just my own opinion, to me this does not represent the ultimate spitfire kit in any scale as reguards accuracy.

I could start the kit, but I would be constantly correcting the kit to produce the correct outline and detail. Blueprints of the particular version and aircraft represented built Castle Bromwich in 1941 are available online I believe:

http://warbirdsrestoration.com/spitfire/

When I look at this site and see all the blueprints then it is a goldmine! Maybe Mr T could add it to the Spitfire resource section.

If Deag had done this like the zero then I would be more than interested... I would have subscribed in what passes for a heartbeat for me LOL It is one of the most iconic aircraft ever designed and built and seeing them stil flying and hearing the growl of the merlin engines makes me feel proud to be british!

but no! Sadly my pocket won't run to this, and also there are lots of corrections to do, especially the ROTOL spinner and propeller blades, the cannon fairings etc.

I do know that there was a flyable radio control partwork spitfire put out a few years back and this is remarkably similar.

Maybe I could purchase a set and send it to Deag for them to use to do a full metal frame spit which would go nicely alongside the zero.

Those doing the spit I am sure will enjoy building this model, but this time I can't as I have a list of kits I "Must Have" which include HK's new B17, Tamiya's Corsair, Hobbyboss P61, ZM's Raiden and Trumpeter's new 1/16 SU 100 Tank Destroyer.

My stash is looking a little depleated (not much though LOL and there are gaps to fill and those will fill them nicely!

James
Tomick
#63 Posted : 06 September 2013 15:31:22

Groups:

You do talk some rubbish trying to compare the 1/10 R/C Spitfire with the Static 1/12 version.

We all know you dont like it, so maybe its time you shut up and got on with the mass of builds you never seem to come up with LOL
karl1113
#64 Posted : 06 September 2013 16:03:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Dontshootme
#65 Posted : 06 September 2013 19:46:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

karl1113 wrote:

That says it all KarlThumpUp
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
delboy271155
#66 Posted : 06 September 2013 21:08:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hey Snap,BigGrin

You missed out the kits you need to RE-BUILD after your DISASTERS.!!!

No time to do the spitfire, EH ?, however good it might or might not be.

"Thought to ones self, must behave ! Flapper "

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#67 Posted : 06 September 2013 21:30:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Snap
I see your Dummy has gone AWOL again as you cant get your way in your crusade for an all ali Spitfire, so as usual you cast your biased and self centred opinions about why its not your cup of tea and why you wont be buying it.
That is your opinion and your welcome to it although it may have escaped your notice that not everyone agrees with your constant knocking of this part work, but there are very few model's or kits out there that do not have a flaw of some description and that most modellers can live with or are even ignorant of said flaws.
It may have escaped your notice that people will want to build this kit for what it is an icon of a past conflict that is still held dear to many people.
This is not the first time your rants have polluted the forum and now as before they have succeeded in nothing but showing every other member that you hope by disparaging this Spitfire you will get your ali spitfire but I have a feeling that hell has a good chance of freezing over before you get your wish.
Just my opinion of courseFlapper
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Warthog
#68 Posted : 06 September 2013 21:57:45

Groups: registriert, Registered

Snap feel free to read my previous post as I think you may have missed it!!

http://forum.model-space...osts&t=7363&p=2

Have you tried knitting? LOL LOL
delboy271155
#69 Posted : 06 September 2013 22:19:18

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

SNAP,

I have read in previous posts that you have been advised to take up knitting.

If you do it may save you some money, cos it`s cheap to replace knitting needles when they get broken.

The other advise I`ve read was to keep your mouth shut unless you have something constructive to say.

To that end I am sorry if I upset anyone in this forum (except SNAP) cos you mate are getting no more than you deserve.

I here by rest my case.
Unless SNAP has a sensible reply.

Goodnight all, time for bed.

Happy Building,
Unless you break everything.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"