Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

I now what I want for Christmas!!! Options
Warthog
#1 Posted : 29 October 2012 21:42:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

kwakermad
#2 Posted : 29 October 2012 23:50:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Seeing your talents with the models Warty I thought that was your weekend project Flapper
Regards

Bob

Builds in progress

1/12 Spitfire (Deagostini)
1/8 McLaren (Deagostini)
1/16 Stuka (Hatchete)
1/16 Zero (Deagostini)
Warthog
#3 Posted : 30 October 2012 23:35:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

kwakermad wrote:
Seeing your talents with the models Warty I thought that was your weekend project Flapper

HaHa Secrets out Bob BigGrin
SennaMentalMe
#4 Posted : 31 October 2012 11:47:05

Groups:

Wow!! That is some model you've found there Spencer and thanks for sharing mate.

It never ceases to amaze me how far aeromodelling has come since the 'balsa and doped tissue' days which weren't so very long ago really were they?

Kev BigGrin
Plymouth57
#5 Posted : 21 November 2012 19:35:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's incredible! Must be 1,000's of hours gone into that one. Aeromodelling has indeed come in leaps and bounds. Maplin currently has a r/c powered glider for £199.99, seems a little expensive except that it comes with a colour HD video camera transmitting from the nose with a 4.5" colour LCD monitor on the hand set! The thing can be flown from the pilot's POV and the camera records onto a microSD card for playback.
I'm thinking - How about a game of paintball with your very own UAV for a sneaky look at whats going on in the enemy camp!!BigGrin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Warthog
#6 Posted : 21 November 2012 20:20:21

I WANT THIS ONE TOO!!!!! LOL

Mil24
Plymouth57
#7 Posted : 21 November 2012 20:48:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sometimes we just can't find the words! Fantastic can't and does'nt cover it! By the way, what scale is it? I just need to know for the model Mujahadeen with working stinger I've just decided to build!!BigGrin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Silent_Running
#8 Posted : 21 November 2012 20:56:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's a fantastic helicopter and any modeller would be proud to have that in their collection. You'll notice that when the pilot has finished pre flight rigging and checklist procedures and takes off he adopts the technique that all experienced pilots use, by going into a static hover low to the ground.

This not only enables the pilot to check the trim and that all the servos and electronics are working correctly, but should there be a catastrophic failure of some description and a sudden power loss, it means that the aircraft will bottom out by dropping only a foot or so, therefore minimising damage.

Regards
BigGrin

P.S. I want this for Christmas too! Santa are you listening. Laugh
SennaMentalMe
#9 Posted : 21 November 2012 22:06:02

Groups:

Nice find Spencer and Santa would surely want to keep one for himself methinks??!! LOL LOL

Kev BigGrin
Silent_Running
#10 Posted : 22 November 2012 07:45:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

SennaMentalMe wrote:
Nice find Spencer and Santa would surely want to keep one for himself methinks??!! LOL LOL

Kev BigGrin

Yes you're right there Kev he would keep it for himself:

"Santa!

Give me my helicopter back!

Its not yours!

I only said you could have a go!

Put it on the ground and step away from the helicopter!
" LOL