Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
R/C Hummer H1 has arrived.. Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 08 November 2012 15:39:02

Groups:

http://www.youtube.com/w...&videos=rJriJ20JufA

http://deagostini.jp/site/hmr/pretop/index.html

The Hummer H1 is a civilian four wheel-drive off-road vehicle which was originally designed for military use. Due to popular demand, it was released to the civilian market in 1992 as a result of its appearance in 'Operation Desert Storm' and the enthusiastic actor-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger, who owns several variants of Hummer.

The Hummer H1 radio-controlled model:

1/8 scale, Kyosho manufacture who are renowned for high quality R/C vehicles.

Height: 220mm, Width: 275mm, Length: 570mm

Kyosho GX21 3.5cc pull-start nitro engine, 4-wheel drive, 50mm ground clearance.
Radio system: Kyosho KT-3HS 'Perfex' 27MHz anologue 'steerwheel' hand-set, Receiver and two KS-302DS Servo's

65 parts sets.
Tomick attached the following image(s):
hmr_s2_img1.jpg
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#2 Posted : 08 November 2012 16:39:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Looks ok, but not really into RC.

Wilfy
WarrenR6
#3 Posted : 08 November 2012 18:23:36

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Yea i would definitely go for this, would prefer non RC but would still get it.
Ger C
#4 Posted : 08 November 2012 19:17:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Would prefer a military version
MWG
#5 Posted : 08 November 2012 19:30:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mr T I would buy this model BigGrinit would be fun building it with my grandson, and then teaching him how to drive it, it looks wide and stable.

Ger you could put on army decals with a paint jobCool Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

mark 2
#6 Posted : 08 November 2012 19:40:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I think it would be quite expensive to build.
I already have 3 1/5 scale petrol cars and thats enough for me.
Still would make a good partwork especialy if it was done in electric ( brushed or brushles).
Best regards all.
Mark
Ger C
#7 Posted : 08 November 2012 20:39:39

MWG wrote:
Hi Mr T I would buy this model BigGrinit would be fun building it with my grandson, and then teaching him how to drive it, it looks wide and stable.

Hi Mike,
Very nice idea to build it with your, grandsonBigGrin

I was thinking more of a car with a turret, singars etc,

I have used these in kosovo during exchanges with the us army and are very different to the civilian version,

Thanks for your suggestions will keep it in mind,

All the best
scottww86
#8 Posted : 08 November 2012 21:10:57

WOOOOOAAAAHHHHH!! Count me in!! That's sweet! What price roughly mr T if it was released??

Cheers

Scott
If at first you don't succeed........skydiving is not for you!
Silent_Running
#9 Posted : 09 November 2012 06:54:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Count me in Mr T Drool Drool Drool
Warthog
#10 Posted : 09 November 2012 10:00:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

MWG wrote:

He could probably fit in it Mike!!! lol
Tomick
#11 Posted : 09 November 2012 13:43:54

Groups:

scottww86 wrote:
WOOOOOAAAAHHHHH!! Count me in!! That's sweet! What price roughly mr T if it was released??

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Glad you like..

Around £28 - £32 per month (4 parts sets p/month)
scottww86
#12 Posted : 09 November 2012 16:39:54

Tomick wrote:
scottww86 wrote:

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Glad you like..

Around £28 - £32 per month (4 parts sets p/month)

Excellent. That's a definite yes from me then. Can sit with my 2 other petrol RC cars. They are both 1/10th scale so I can just imagine the size of this hummer in 1/8th! Awesome!
If at first you don't succeed........skydiving is not for you!
MWG
#13 Posted : 09 November 2012 19:48:04

Hi Mr T, it is a def yes from me I love 1/8 scale.

You know we could start a race club of members who have built this beast, it would be nice to have race days and meet other members of the forum, we could have an obstacle course etc what do other members think?Blink Cool Glare Huh orLaugh Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Silent_Running
#14 Posted : 10 November 2012 07:37:44

MWG wrote:

You know we could start a race club of members who have built this beast, it would be nice to have race days and meet other members of the forum, we could have an obstacle course etc what do other members think?Blink Cool Glare Huh orLaugh Regards Mike

That sounds a cracking idea Mike, I'm so glad you have mentioned this, I'm all for it, count me in.

Incidentally on the same theme.....all clubs meet at least one a year. I think we should explore some kind of social aspect to the forum. For instance...what about meeting once a year at a nice venue where we can have a nice three course dinner. After all, we all love the same thing so its not like we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Representatives from DeAgostini could also be there (Mr T, Admin, and others?) In fact DeAgostini could make this type of once a year function their own. Imagine getting a first look at new models that are going to be put into production.

DeAgostini could show members its master model, get feedback on it and we members could explore it and get a close up look at the said model. DeAgostini, could also have application sheets for the members who wanted to sign up for the series there and then, that's a lot of sales. I think this definitely should now be looked at, as there are more than 2,000+ members on this forum already, and the projection is there will be thousands more joining.

We could have your race incorporated into the evening Mike, with you presenting the trophy every year. We could call it Mike's Grand Prix or something.There could be prizes for the best forum model and runners up prizes for that year, as well as other competitions relating to Model Space.

Sounds exciting? I think it does! What do you guys think? And Mike's idea as well?

Drool BigGrin BigGrin
MWG
#15 Posted : 10 November 2012 09:50:45

Silent_Running wrote:
MWG wrote:

That sounds a cracking idea Mike, I'm so glad you have mentioned this, I'm all for it, count me in.

Incidentally on the same theme.....all clubs meet at least one a year. I think we should explore some kind of social aspect to the forum. For instance...what about meeting once a year at a nice venue where we can have a nice three course dinner. After all, we all love the same thing so its not like we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Representatives from DeAgostini could also be there (Mr T, Admin, and others?) In fact DeAgostini could make this type of once a year function their own. Imagine getting a first look at new models that are going to be put into production.

DeAgostini could show members its master model, get feedback on it and we members could explore it and get a close up look at the said model. DeAgostini, could also have application sheets for the members who wanted to sign up for the series there and then, that's a lot of sales. I think this definitely should now be looked at, as there are more than 2,000+ members on this forum already, and the projection is there will be thousands more joining.

We could have your race incorporated into the evening Mike, with you presenting the trophy every year. We could call it Mike's Grand Prix or something.There could be prizes for the best forum model and runners up prizes for that year, as well as other competitions relating to Model Space.

Sounds exciting? I think it does! What do you guys think? And Mike's idea as well?

Drool BigGrin BigGrin

Hi Glen I really like the ideaBigGrin I would donate some trophies for the meeting, it could be taking your concept further, the Deagostini Social event of the year, Some good points for discussion there Glen. Kind Regards Mike

Tomick
#16 Posted : 10 November 2012 10:47:10

Groups:

Silent_Running wrote:
MWG wrote:

Drool BigGrin BigGrin

Interesting idea Glenn, if there is enough support shown here, then I'll run it by the powers that be.

The race event is a nice idea, but it would need a reasonable number to make it viable, a handful is not enough.
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#17 Posted : 10 November 2012 10:51:58

I think the social event is a great idea. I would certainly be interested.
Tomick
#18 Posted : 10 November 2012 15:04:24

Groups:

Now here is some food for though with your Hummer Mike.... especially the last photo LOL ....the real thing
Tomick attached the following image(s):
H1.jpg
H2.jpg
H3.jpg
H4.jpg
H5.jpg
H6.jpg
H7.jpg
H8.jpg
H9.jpg
karl1113
#19 Posted : 10 November 2012 15:41:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

i like the 13amp socket for the hair striaghteners.Drool
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Silent_Running
#20 Posted : 11 November 2012 11:43:43

Thanks for the pictures Mr T, I think this hummer was the same version that was in the film 'Swordfish' with John Travolta.

Oh! And can you sign me up for this series please Mr T. That's a definite yes from me.

Regards
BigGrin