Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
MP4/23 into Brawn BGP001 build thread Options
Nemesis
#21 Posted : 06 February 2013 19:41:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

This is not just modeling, this is M&S modeling!!!LOLBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Very clever, I love it!!!!Drool BigGrin
Heinzy
#22 Posted : 07 February 2013 11:14:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for all the positives guys, it really does help with having to do this once everyones in bed for the night!
Little tired for work in the morning, but will be worth the sleep deprevasion BigGrin

Spent a little time on it again last night

More filling!!!

Just some patches on the main body that was identified after sanding the filler coat
Also removed the mclaren logo from the cock pit surround and filled

I've also made a start on the bottom half of the body too, it may look as rough as dogs ar$#0les at the moment, but that'll soon smooth out with a little elbow grease!

The induction pod is starting to take shape too now, sand this coat down then I'm confident it'll only need a thin coat next time before primer

Cheers again guys and pics below

Heinzy attached the following image(s):
99.JPG
102.JPG
98.JPG
Warthog
#23 Posted : 07 February 2013 19:20:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Looking good mate Cool Check your keyboard as you might have dust in it as cant make out that last word! "rough as dogs ar$#0les" LOL
Heinzy
#24 Posted : 08 February 2013 11:08:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Yoda! BigGrin
lol Yeah damn sticky keyb0@rd!

more sanding last night

Main body is finally ready from spraying!!!!!
At the moment it looks like a finish only Mario Balotelli would have LOL
It is as smooth as silk now so I'll get cracking the weekend

The chassis still needs a bit of work, the sides didn't sand down as easily as I liked and my fingers kept craping due to the awkard angles, but I think it's ready for a filler primer coat, see what that brings up

Air intake will need a bit of extra work to on review, may need the dremmel to properly shape it rather than just elbow grease Blushing

pics below!!
106.JPG
107.JPG
104.JPG
105.JPG
Heinzy
#25 Posted : 11 February 2013 09:26:33

Monday morning already!!

Didn't get too much done over the weekend, the "boss" had me on home improvement duties Bored

Did manage to get some spraying done though Friday night Cool

First few coats of white primer!
Although I have now learnt that white is a very unforgiving colour, after the 1st coat it did reveal a whole heap of pin holes and areas that needed more sanding Mad

So after more sanding after the 1st coat, I tried again and its come out quite well

Pics below!
110.JPG
111.JPG
115.JPG
114.JPG
117.JPG
119.JPG
Heinzy
#26 Posted : 12 February 2013 15:15:54

Nothing in the way of filling, sanding or spraying, think I'm going to put that on the back burner until I can connect the 2 halves of the body

Just waiting on issues 69+72

So I've been scaling, measuring and planning!

Front and rear wing pieces BigGrin

I'll be taking the dremel to them tonight, cutting and shaping the edges
Once they're all done, heating and bending Cool

I've also got a spare front end suspension arm I'm going to attempt to "trim"

The MP4-23's are much thinker, so if successful, I'll be trimming them all!!!

Pics below
120.JPG
122.JPG
121.JPG
Nemesis
#27 Posted : 12 February 2013 15:19:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Modeling at its best!!! Superb work sir!!BigGrin BigGrin
schueyking
#28 Posted : 12 February 2013 18:42:48

BigGrin Great build!!! Very very impressive!!!

ChrisBigGrin
Warthog
#29 Posted : 12 February 2013 20:14:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along nicely Cool Evergreen... no modeller should be without it!! lol Great stuff
j999dbp
#30 Posted : 23 February 2013 18:55:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I Love This!!!!

You are a brave and honorable guy, Heinzy!

DBP
Warthog
#31 Posted : 23 February 2013 18:55:31

j999dbp wrote:
I Love This!!!!

You are a brave and honorable guy, Spence!

DBPSmile

Not my build DBP lol Mines the Senna Tribute.. THis Is Heinzies
Heinzy
#32 Posted : 26 February 2013 13:12:39

lol thanks DBP BigGrin

We'll Im just back from a week north of the border with the in-laws so zero progress to report

But....

There was something waiting for me in the post, sent direct from our friends in the far east Laugh

Pics below:

The project is on the back burner for a while too I'm affraid, I've taken on another big task that's going to eat up a fair amount of my time

Anyone that knows BMW's, I'm actually retrofitting the iDrive system into my 3 series, not an "off the shelf" retro fit either
So alot of wiring and coding to be done for it to work Cool

123.JPG
124.JPG
SennaMentalMe
#33 Posted : 26 February 2013 16:23:07

Groups:

That's gonna look pretty cool when the decals are applied Heinzy!! ThumpUp Cool

I'll be looking forward to when you can get back on with the build. Good stuff!! Drool Love

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#34 Posted : 26 February 2013 19:11:45

Nice decal set!!Drool BigGrin
Good luck with the iDrive conversion, being a BMW master Tech, I know exactly what your just about to undertake!!Blink BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Heinzy
#35 Posted : 27 February 2013 08:56:05

Nemesis wrote:
Nice decal set!!Drool BigGrin
Good luck with the iDrive conversion, being a BMW master Tech, I know exactly what your just about to undertake!!Blink BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Oh really!!!

Well if you don't mind I may call upon your expertise to put my mind at ease

I'll PM you as long as you don't mind
Heinzy
#36 Posted : 28 February 2013 09:24:10

Ok Ok so I said I wasn't going to be working on this for a while but....

The little one had an early night, the missus was at work and there's nothing I can do now really on the BMW until the weekend

So I got my cutter out BigGrin

Managed to succesfully trim down the upper suspension parts, this took a complete age by the way Cursing they look a little rough at the moment

What I think I'm going to have to do, due to where they actually fix to the car, is paint these parts white
Just so they don't stick out as much

I've no doubt though, once carbon decals are added, they will look the part

I also cut the front wheel covers, the rear ones I will have to make new as they are complete circles and sit inside the alloy

Smoothed the last of the two tires too, I think these really look the part, soo chuffed with how they've come out BigGrin
Although I made a worrying discovery last night, albeit I have 4 tires, 2 of them are the same!
Only realised once I had put them on the wheelsCrying

Made a bit of an error too Crying
I was planning to cut the grooves on the rear wing side supports, but used too big of a drill bit and now need to make them from scratch again, good job I have plent of evergreenCool

pics below of last night garage session
129.JPG
136.JPG
135.JPG
131.JPG
132.JPG
127.JPG
schueyking
#37 Posted : 28 February 2013 16:50:51

BigGrin Great work Heinzy!!!Drool Coming on a treat!Love

ChrisBigGrin
Heinzy
#38 Posted : 08 March 2013 11:31:01

Hey guys, minor update

Got to keep moving though, rolling stone gathers no moss and all that!

Just been fitting some detail pieces that need to be in place prior to fixing the 2 halves together!

Hoping to have the main body together as one by tail end of next week, wouldn't of thought it will need too much work to acheive this, looks positive

Also below are some choice pics from my BMW project
Massive thanks to Daran (Nemesis) His knowledge and the contact he gave me we're no end of help!
Thanks again Cool

pics below
137.JPG
138.JPG
141.JPG
143.JPG
144.JPG
148.JPG
153.JPG
Dontshootme
#39 Posted : 08 March 2013 16:40:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Loving the progress on the Brawn,it's looking really good.
Don't know if you have noticed but someone has nicked the interior of your beamer!!!Blink Flapper
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
Heinzy
#40 Posted : 08 March 2013 16:55:21

lol yeah thiefs will nick anything not tied down!

thanks for the loveCool

I was just checking my reference pics and progress pics
Just to check I was on target!

Results are very pleasing, obviously it's not perfect but well pleased

see for yourself!
compared.JPG