Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Gaz Akagi Options
Ger C
#21 Posted : 25 December 2012 23:19:18

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi Gaz,

sorry if I caused you unnecessary stressBlushing but when I looked at the photo it seemed to me that you had completed more planking than you have so far,

I knew that someone with more experience than I would offer advice and Andy as usual was there to help out,

hope that you enjoyed your Christmas
Gaz
#22 Posted : 26 December 2012 11:06:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Ger C
No problem mate BigGrin.
My Xmas was great hope yours went well too.
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Gaz
#23 Posted : 30 December 2012 15:09:38

BigGrin Hello againBigGrin
Have moved on and have completed this months planking

And also the metal bits 3 guns

Thanks for looking in BigGrin
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
arpurchase
#24 Posted : 30 December 2012 19:57:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice work on the planking GazCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gaz
#25 Posted : 30 December 2012 23:44:08

BigGrin Thanks Andy
Gandale
#26 Posted : 31 December 2012 09:09:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming together very nicely Gaz. Not a ship for me at this present time but still following your progress. Keep up the good work...

Regards

Alan
Gaz
#27 Posted : 31 December 2012 12:43:13

Thanks Alan for looking in your comments are most welcome
Regards
Gareth
Gaz
#28 Posted : 14 January 2013 23:25:24

Hi guys,
Have recieved this months sets of parts Pack 6 continuing the planking to the stern. Have added the stern decking and completed the upper planking to the stern.

Have removed it from its build board in readiness to begin planking the lower stern and this is how she looks at the mo.

Have fun. All comments are welcome
Gareth
Gandale
#29 Posted : 15 January 2013 00:09:49

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Gareth.... keep posting....

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#30 Posted : 15 January 2013 12:57:55

BigGrin Hi Gareth
Nice work on the planking
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Ger C
#31 Posted : 15 January 2013 15:20:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi gaz,

Nice work and you are progressing very quickly
Gaz
#32 Posted : 15 January 2013 19:15:57

Thanks guys for looking in and for your comments. Most welcome.
Just a quick question regarding paints. I'm not ready to paint any aircraft yet(I not built any of them yetBigGrin)but I would like to get the paints ready and am not sure what numbers to get. I am planning to use Tamiya the small jars but am open to suggestions. Thanks guys.
Gareth
karl1113
#33 Posted : 15 January 2013 21:26:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

my advice to you is you will need spray cans and at least two grey and two maroon for that hull alone and another two for the superstructure.the exact colour not sure about,but I expect ap can advise,that's of course if your not going to airbrush.good luck and keep up the good work.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Gaz
#34 Posted : 15 January 2013 21:39:55

Thanks Karl your advice very much appreciated and agree with you regarding spray cans. My question though was regarding painting of the aircraft and their colours. I know this not important now as I would prefer to leave the painting of the aircraft till nearer the end of the build but would like to have the paint to hand. Spray paint indoors is not an option as SWMBO would kill me BigGrin hence my reference to the 10ml jars.
Gareth
Yutaro HONMA
#35 Posted : 16 January 2013 02:43:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gaz!BigGrin
Your planking seems to be going well. I think surfacer spry will be needed before painting. Because the grain of wood should be erased from the hull.
I agree your opinion that you would have the paint on them to hands. It was fun for me to build small aircrafts and paint on them. I attach several pictures for your reference.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
image067.jpg
image003.jpg
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Gaz
#36 Posted : 10 March 2013 15:59:29

Thanks Yutaro for your post. Apologies for my late response only just saw it Blushing.
Gaz
#37 Posted : 10 March 2013 16:07:12

Moving on. BigGrin My apologies for my late update real life been a pain lately too much work and too little time for modelling but here is where I am at th moment.
I completed the small launch this I found the most fiddly part of the build so far. Small parts and not the greatest eyes sight anymoreBigGrin still got there in the end

Gaz
#38 Posted : 10 March 2013 16:26:54

I then continued with last months parts and completed the planking. Have added a little filler here and there and given it a light sanding.

I then followed the instructions and Andy's build and added 2 coats of epoxy resin to the inside of the hull.

I then dry fitted the bow and centre decks. The bow needs adjusting a little to get it to fit perfectly but will leave that till I get the final deck in this months issues.

Thats where I am upto at the moment. Still Have to shape the edges of the keel and shape and fit the 2 triangular pieces to the keel.BigGrin Thanks for looking will try not to leave it too long next time BigGrin.
Regards
Gareth

arpurchase
#39 Posted : 10 March 2013 19:05:10

BigGrin Hi Gaz
She coming together nicely m8Cool

Gaz
#40 Posted : 11 March 2013 00:17:06

BigGrin Thanks Andy.
Gareth